List of working Blackberry APKs

Search This thread

stuzor

Dec 31, 2008
Anyone figure out a way to install the blackberry recents? I played around with it in person and it seems much better than the Google one. Actually uses all of the screen real estate instead of showing your background on the sides. Reminds me more of mission control on osx or gnome.

Reactions: xandros9

LoTechFoe

Nov 19, 2015
Turns out it was just notes & tasks.

Also i cant get bbm working (yea, i actually ise it lol), i have the play store version but i cant get it to integrate into hub, which works perfectly otherwise. Anyone else had thos problem?
Also productivity tab, does it work, & how?

rajziel

Sep 11, 2015
Turns out it was just notes & tasks.

Also i cant get bbm working (yea, i actually ise it lol), i have the play store version but i cant get it to integrate into hub, which works perfectly otherwise. Anyone else had thos problem?
Also productivity tab, does it work, & how?
I haven't been able to get notes and tasks to work yet lol.
I haven't seen productivity edge working yet. It installs and doesn't show in my app tray. I can u install it in settings and apps.
Waiting to see if one of the smart people here have made it work as well.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

NAKA19

Nov 20, 2015
I tried to install BB Hub (HTC One M8 rooted) by copying the apk's to the apps/system destination, restarted and now when my phone boots up I keep getting "Unfortunately, DTEK by Blackberry has stopped" "Unfortunately, ImsProvider has stopped"

Any help? I'm stuck in an endless cycle of notifications...

bballengphd

Dec 8, 2012
I tried to install BB Hub (HTC One M8 rooted) by copying the apk's to the apps/system destination, restarted and now when my phone boots up I keep getting "Unfortunately, DTEK by Blackberry has stopped" "Unfortunately, ImsProvider has stopped"

Any help? I'm stuck in an endless cycle of notifications...

Go into recovery, and manually delete the apk from the system/app folder.

That's what worked for me. Too bad, cause I wanted to see how DTEK works.

bballengphd

Dec 8, 2012
You had this problem as well? Did you erase all of the associated Hub Apk's?

I just placed services, resources, hub, dtek, productivity edge in system/app folder. When I rebooted, got the constant error message for DTEK, managed to reboot to recovery, and deleted just the DTEK apk from the system/app folder, left the other 4 in there. Rebooted and was fine.

Though productivity edge still does not work.

Reactions: NAKA19

NAKA19

Nov 20, 2015
I just placed services, resources, hub, dtek, productivity edge in system/app folder. When I rebooted, got the constant error message for DTEK, managed to reboot to recovery, and deleted just the DTEK apk from the system/app folder, left the other 4 in there. Rebooted and was fine.

Though productivity edge still does not work.

I must be missing something. When I boot to recovery and go to the system folder, all I see are 'lib' 'usr' and 'bin' folders. None of which contain the apk's. Am I looking in the wrong place here? Thanks!

bballengphd

Dec 8, 2012
I must be missing something. When I boot to recovery and go to the system folder, all I see are 'lib' 'usr' and 'bin' folders. None of which contain the apk's. Am I looking in the wrong place here? Thanks!

You need to mount the system folder. Then you will see all the sub-folders.

NAKA19

Nov 20, 2015
You need to mount the system folder. Then you will see all the sub-folders.

I deleted everything and now google play services keeps encountering an error... Sorry to be annoying. What's my best option here? Should I try to restore? Wipe the device? Is there a simpler fix?

I should've waited until a patched version came out. This is in too deep for my knowledge level.

bballengphd

Dec 8, 2012
I deleted everything and now google play services keeps encountering an error... Sorry to be annoying. What's my best option here? Should I try to restore? Wipe the device? Is there a simpler fix?

I should've waited until a patched version came out. This is in too deep for my knowledge level.

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by "deleted everything" ? Did you delete the entire sub folder in system/app? Or just the 4 apks that I mentioned earlier?

If you do start over and wipe the device, try the method from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/port-apks-blackberry-priv-venice-t3244542

It gives you step by step instructions on how to install the apps, though they have to be flashed from TWRP recovery.

Good luck.

NAKA19

Nov 20, 2015
Can you please elaborate on what you mean by "deleted everything" ? Did you delete the entire sub folder in system/app? Or just the 4 apks that I mentioned earlier?

If you do start over and wipe the device, try the method from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/port-apks-blackberry-priv-venice-t3244542

It gives you step by step instructions on how to install the apps, though they have to be flashed from TWRP recovery.

Good luck.

I deleted all of the apk's that were included in the BB Hub link on the first page of this thread. I hope nothing from google play services was in there!!

bballengphd

Dec 8, 2012
I deleted all of the apk's that were included in the BB Hub link on the first page of this thread. I hope nothing from google play services was in there!!

Not sure, but it could be a possibility.

What you could try is to put in everything that was in the xtract folder again, then manually delete the two apks that was causing problems earlier. Then reboot and see if you encounter any other problems.

SquallKill

May 3, 2015
Launcher crashes

Hello thanks for the upload.When I try to open the app explorer of the Blackberry Launcher it crashes.Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm using a Galaxy s5 on Lollipop

Reactions: AxiK.

islandfever2009

Oct 14, 2014
I flashed the latest factory image last night, and now I can't get the Hub to work at all. I install the correct apk as system apps, and change them to rw-r-r, but I keep getting the BlackBerry Resources must be installed message. I guess it's not compatible with the latest factory image.

---------- Post added at 05:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 AM ----------

I flashed the latest factory image last night, and now I can't get the Hub to work at all. I install the correct apk as system apps, and change them to rw-r-r, but I keep getting the BlackBerry Resources must be installed message. I guess it's not compatible with the latest factory image.

Never mind, I found a method that works, thanks!

Reactions: saumilm

xtremez

Jan 16, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
yup. I'm in the same boat karazz.

I have a feeling that currently because the Priv is only 5.1.1, those of us who have jumped to 6.0 will not be able to install those BlackBerry apps (although i am using the BlackBerry Keyboard).

I also tried wiping and then reinstalling just to see if it worked, and on 5.1.1 it works, but 6.0 will ask you to update something you do not have access to.

Just gotta wait till Priv hits 6.0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's list of the currently working apks. This could probably use a sticky.
    I only am making this list of links, I myself didn't do any of the coding. Go read through the Blackberry native apps on Play Store thread for more details.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2HiQb24yKKwNUJTYTk4YUU2dGM/view?usp=sharing[/url]
    Updated as of Jan 10, 2016. There is also a DP fixed version that makes the suggestions for the flick up motion smaller here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2HiQb24yKKwSWJROUtQa3RWU0E/view?usp=sharing
    Thanks @TowersVault

Some extra notes on the keyboard: Note that the keyboard will not display text prediction options when typing website addresses/links or passwords in, additionally trace typing (Swype, Flow, etc.) is not supported, even though the keyboard's setup displays that. Also note that some languages are not supported by BlackBerry, thus you might not be able to set the keyboard to a specific language of your choice. On top of all of this info, if text prediction doesn't show up right after installing the keyboard, give it a few seconds, it seems to take a short while for the keyboard to initialize its word libraries. (Thanks @TowersVault )

Blackberry Launcher : https://mega.nz/#!0tMBmLjD!oHQPM4IcDI3zEVxSWQ8OCx37AmsyaDz4He1SPT6nbcA

Blackberry Calendar: https://mega.nz/#!NssQjLgB!G96g0_3fvLzwpVqy0D5htmHqEK8I3-ur3brMo9qh78M

Blackberry Hub and untouched apks (requires root, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling all the unpatched blackberry apks as system apps): https://mega.nz/#F!nV1VxaCQ!h4NK7tFMDasxyY9TSj61qA

Feel free to update this thread with links to new versions or new apps.
    New BlackBerry keyboard update since quite a few people wanted it so bad! @Xaiux , you mind updating the OP?

Before you continue, if your device runs anything below Android 5.0 (the app was made for Android 5.0 and up), give up, don't even post here asking why it's not working.

BlackBerry Keyboard

App Version: 1.1.0.3942
    App Update Date: 2015-12-14
    Android Requirement: 5.0 and up
    Needs Anything Else: No

Download Links:
    Normal Patched Variant - No DP changes were made, all that was done is the regular patch to get it working on most other Android devices.
    DP Patched Variant* - This one fixes the annoying large word suggestions above the letters, originally it caused the keyboard to look like something for toddlers. I found the issue on my Galaxy S6, not sure if any other QHD screen has the same problem, however, as a reference, I have a picture showing the difference below.

j1gpjWk.png

* You do not have to use the DP Patched APK, however it's there if you feel like the word suggestion text size is a bit too big for your taste. Additionally, I have looked into back-porting this to Android 4.1 (as an example), no luck there, will have to put in a lot more work to do that.

Before you install the new APK, uninstall the old one; if you don't, you will likely end up with a "did not install" error.

DISCLAIMER:
    This patched version of the BlackBerry Keyboard is still solely BlackBerry's property. If BlackBerry requests that I remove the download links, I will do so without a doubt and won't continue even thinking of patching the app. By downloading this APK, you're not supporting BlackBerry either; however to do so, go either buy a Priv (or any other BlackBerry product for that matter) to support them financially, or spread word and get people to buy their products. Also, if the app doesn't work on your phone, tough luck, this app was made for the Priv in mind, thus it was never intended for your phone in the first place.
    Guys, I have nexus 6p - not rooted. Is there any updates on the keyboard, calendar, hub etc. for Marshmallow on unrooted devices?
    Thanks!

Check this out. Running Hub, Contacts, Calendar and Keyboard on a Samsung Galaxy S6 without root:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...device-no-root-required-1059855/#post12231296
    For numbers just swipe down on the keyboard. Swipe again you come to symbols, one more swipe you return the beginning.
    Here's the patched copy of the BlackBerry Calendar I made. It works.

https://mega.nz/#!NssQjLgB!G96g0_3fvLzwpVqy0D5htmHqEK8I3-ur3brMo9qh78M[/QUOTE]
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone