list of working memory cards

Search This thread

doriangray

Mar 21, 2007
Talavera
I have two identical TOPRAM 4GB bought in USA via eBay.

- One works perfectly from the beginning (two months). HTC Spanish official GPS enabled ROM.

- The other one was defective, drove me crazy and almost kills one Trini while flashing. Now it is fully dead.

Remember to remove card while flashing
--------------------------------------
Acuérdate de quitar la tarjeta al flashear

sealtael

Sep 8, 2006
Rotterdam
Transcend miniSD 2GB 80x works fine -used for recordings
Corsair miniSD 2GB works fine - used with Garmin Maps
Sandisk miniSD 2GB works fine - used for music storage

Initially, the cards were formated FAT32 (4KB cluster size).

After running a few speed tests using File Explorer for a 32MB file transfer, and Anton Tomov`s Pocket Mechanic for file system performance, I found out that FAT16 (32kB cluster size) results were 5-10% better.

Now I`m using all four cards (1 Transcend, 2 Corsairs, 1 Sandisk) FAT16 formated, and I haven`t encounter any problem so far.

The only moment I`ve lost the info on the card was when I tampered with Anton Tomov`s Pocket Mechanic file system cache settings.

Do u notice any performance differences between those cards? Also any differences in benchmarks?

Radashka

Feb 11, 2007
Bucharest
Do u notice any performance differences between those cards? Also any differences in benchmarks?

The Corsairs were better performers in terms of read speed than the others:
~15MB/s (that`s why I used them for the maps), but the write speed was lousy - below 2-3MB/s.

Transcend was the balanced one: 9-10MB/s read and 5-6MB/s write.

Sandisk performance was poor: 4-5MB/s read and 2-3MB/s write. But for listening to music is more than enough.

Hope this helps.

In the past 3 months I`ve been using a 4GB miniSDHC made by Twinmos. Worked flawless so far (on WM5). Yesterday I switched to WM6, but I had no time for thorough tests.

c4rm4gg3d

Jun 24, 2005
I bought recently one TOPRAM 4GB microSDHC class 4 card with a miniSD / SD / USB-pen adapter through eBay and it's working really fast.

Read speed: 18.7 MB/s
Write speed: 5.4 MB/s

Shipping was very fast.

One week using without any problem.

bustrenga

Aug 27, 2007
Toshiba 4GB miniSd Full Working

Guys, I use a Toshiba 4GB Class 4 HC MiniSd on my Trinity, and I've never had a problem, neither with WM5 nor with WM6 (UDK 5.1 and Lasagna 2.2.2).
I bought it on Ebay.
It seems very fast, in reading and writing.
Bye

oldfox999

Aug 14, 2007
SanDisk 2GB MiniSD & Kingston 4GB miniSDHC

Used the SanDisk 2GB miniSd for 5 months for original WM5 Rom and some cooked WM6 ROMs, worked perfect.
Just upgrade the storage card to Kingston 4GB Class 4 miniSDHC (model SDM4/4GBKR from buy.com), everything is OK with the HTC_Trinity_3.00.07.18.PV ROM.

viperx

Aug 27, 2006
Kingston miniSD 2GB non SDHC x2, no problems on both standard AUSDM WM5 and WM6.

Looking at upgrading to miniSDHC, need to stay with standard ROMs (work phone), any recommendations?

sealtael

Sep 8, 2006
Rotterdam
The Corsairs were better performers in terms of read speed than the others:
~15MB/s (that`s why I used them for the maps), but the write speed was lousy - below 2-3MB/s.

Transcend was the balanced one: 9-10MB/s read and 5-6MB/s write.

Sandisk performance was poor: 4-5MB/s read and 2-3MB/s write. But for listening to music is more than enough.

Hope this helps.

In the past 3 months I`ve been using a 4GB miniSDHC made by Twinmos. Worked flawless so far (on WM5). Yesterday I switched to WM6, but I had no time for thorough tests.

Sure it does! thnx!!! :D

Noony

Apr 6, 2006
Hertfordshire
Since changing to WM6 I've not had any of the problems that I used to get with 4gb cards. I'm currently using 2 x 4GB Dane-Elec cards (purchased from expansys advertised as Ora brand) been a few months now. No problems, even taking them out and using in readers quite a lot.

neomagik

Jul 25, 2006
My Topram 4GB card has worked flawlessly for the past 6 months however it died a few days ago.

It is not recognised by my Trinity and when used in a card reader it says the card needs formatting but won't let me.

I think the 4GB cards have a maximum 6 month lifespan.

Does anyone have one that has worked in excess of 6 months? What manufacturer do you use?

vnt

Sep 2, 2007
Melbourne
My Topram 4GB card has worked flawlessly for the past 6 months however it died a few days ago.

It is not recognised by my Trinity and when used in a card reader it says the card needs formatting but won't let me.

I think the 4GB cards have a maximum 6 month lifespan.

Does anyone have one that has worked in excess of 6 months? What manufacturer do you use?

I don't believe it has a lifetime of 6 months but just an unlucky. However I suggest that Genuine Kingston or Sandisk or Toshiba brands as they are top quality and at least 5 years to lifetime warranty