LIVE FOCUS ON Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus

Search This thread

vinnybahree

Jun 30, 2016
hi i have galaxy s8 plus 128gb variant SM-G955FD yesterday i watched global trailer of Samsung galaxy note 8.....and camera features of note 8 they are awesome specially live focus mode.... just want to know is there any way to use live focus mode in s8 plus camera without root or any rom.

Akram.

Dec 8, 2013
hi i have galaxy s8 plus 128gb variant SM-G955FD yesterday i watched global trailer of Samsung galaxy note 8.....and camera features of note 8 they are awesome specially live focus mode.... just want to know is there any way to use live focus mode in s8 plus camera without root or any rom.
Use Selective focus, once captured, the saved image in Gallery allows you to save in different focuses.

Akram.

Dec 8, 2013
I know, that only works if you have dual camera.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

i know but there is lot a difference between live focus and selective focus brother please check note 8 live focus and do not compare with selective focus.
Or use manual focus in pro mode

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

kxdaorbit

Oct 11, 2009
No, it can only work with 2 cameras, so unless you know a way of gluing on another camera, it ain't gonna happen.

The nearest we can get to it on the S8+ is by using selective focus or by using macro mode which can produce quite reasonable bokeh.

Reactions: mann6988

kxdaorbit

Oct 11, 2009
If so, how is it possible in A8+?
Sorry, I don't know the A8+.

The question was asked regarding the Galaxy S8+ specifically, and not all mobile phones in existence.

As you allude to, there are a multitude of devices that now implement a version of this using 'software' and the A8+ is probably one of these, as is also the Pixel 2 XL.

This hadn't been implemented on the S8+ at the time of my reply, but may now be present in some 'custom' ROM,s.

[Edit]

After doing some research on the A8+, I understand that it does actually have 2 front cameras.

It also notes that 'Live Focus' is available when taking 'selfies', ie using the '2' front cameras. In light of this, your 'trolling' of my original post makes absolutely no sense.

You're comparing apples (S8/+) to oranges (A8/+), one has a single camera on front and back = no 'Live Focus', the other has 2 on the front = 'Live Focus' when using front camera's.

Simple.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No, it can only work with 2 cameras, so unless you know a way of gluing on another camera, it ain't gonna happen.

The nearest we can get to it on the S8+ is by using selective focus or by using macro mode which can produce quite reasonable bokeh.