LiveView reverse-engineering effort

Search This thread

gabbadoo

Sep 28, 2012
non-mirrored Icons

Here is a non-mirrored version of the icons.

Attachments

• OLV_icons.zip
    16.1 KB · Views: 38

redjge

Sep 23, 2008
Thank you TpmKranz!

Signed version of OLV so you guys won't have to reinstall it:
https://code.google.com/p/openlivevi...LV06012013.apk

Changelog:
- Added TpmKranz filter.
- Switched to dashboard layout for the main activity.

Invisible changes:
- Started working on the plugin api

To do:
- Rewrite the database code

Request:
Can someone draw a couple of icons (or take them from the android resources)?
- Icon for notes (for use on the liveview)
- Icon for sms messages (for use on the liveview)
- Any other icon that you want to see replaced
- Any other icon that you want to add (for future use)

Icons that are going to be used on the lv should:
- have a size of 36x36 px
- be in the png format
- have no transparency
(I attached a couple of the icons currently used in OLV)

Thank you all for your help, support and feedback!

hi renzenicolai:

is this based on the original apk form sony? or was built from ground up?

this is a great app!
can we also re-use icons from the original one. =)

Lxus

Nov 20, 2011
Hey,

first: AWESOME
second: QUESTION

Is it possible to run OLV as an System App or any other method to prevent it getting killed by the buildin Taskkiller?
I can use my watch for like 2 min after my taskkiller kills its process.
It never got killed on 4.0.4 as I saw it under Systemapps running.

Keep up the awesomeness!

Greetz

GottZ

Sep 20, 2008
Cologne
gottz.de
Hey,

first: AWESOME
second: QUESTION

Is it possible to run OLV as an System App or any other method to prevent it getting killed by the buildin Taskkiller?
I can use my watch for like 2 min after my taskkiller kills its process.
It never got killed on 4.0.4 as I saw it under Systemapps running.

Keep up the awesomeness!

Greetz

you cannot run apps as system app unless you have the firmware keys from each and every android firmware out there.

what could be done would be running it as service as you can see here.

i dont know if anyone here thought about this yet :D
(whatsapp does it this way)

edit:
lolz.. Lxus.. he sits behind my screen.. (at work)
he runs JB on an old google nexus. i guess its getting killed because his device has not that much ram. will check it out tomorrow.

Last edited:

sebibv

Sep 14, 2010
Greate

First of all: great job. I like it very much.
I read this topic 2 weeks ago (before buying this device).

Anyway, renzenicolai, I must thank you for all your work.
My question is: why I can't see the contact name in the LV display. I remember thet you told us somme pages ago that this feature is in work and later that the applications need permission to read contact data... can somebody help me?
Thank you!

renzenicolai

Aug 13, 2012
www.rnplus.nl
First of all: great job. I like it very much.
I read this topic 2 weeks ago (before buying this device).

Anyway, renzenicolai, I must thank you for all your work.
My question is: why I can't see the contact name in the LV display. I remember thet you told us somme pages ago that this feature is in work and later that the applications need permission to read contact data... can somebody help me?
Thank you!

Attached to this post is a version of OpenLiveView that shows the contact name.

Attachments

• OLV09012013.apk
    429.6 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: mike2nl

jkorp

Sep 24, 2012
Göteborg

Thanks!

I added two other "plugin ideas", one that fetch a http string (configurable in settings) and show as a text notification. The second one is a simple dice. Once the plugin functionality has come a bit further I will start create and publish these ideas as plugins instead of releasing a modified apk.

I also added a new setting. In renzenicolais source, all notifications in the database are wiped out when you select the icon at the bottom of each notification. Depending on the new setting, the database will be wiped OR the current notification will be added to the filter. I.e. you do not have to manually enter the texts you want to filter out, just let OLV send them to the LV and select the icon at the bottom... :)

Source will be posted tomorrow, but apk file is attached.

Attachments

• OpenLiveView.apk
    451.5 KB · Views: 100

deciocavallo

Mar 28, 2011
near Naples, Italy
Thanks!

I added two other "plugin ideas", one that fetch a http string (configurable in settings) and show as a text notification. The second one is a simple dice. Once the plugin functionality has come a bit further I will start create and publish these ideas as plugins instead of releasing a modified apk.

I also added a new setting. In renzenicolais source, all notifications in the database are wiped out when you select the icon at the bottom of each notification. Depending on the new setting, the database will be wiped OR the current notification will be added to the filter. I.e. you do not have to manually enter the texts you want to filter out, just let OLV send them to the LV and select the icon at the bottom... :)

Source will be posted tomorrow, but apk file is attached.

is possible to use openliveview for notifications and liveview applications only for plugins?

Cptnodegard

Nov 24, 2011
Source on google code is now updated with the filtering function. Plug-ins will published as separate projects when plug-in API works.

Your apk won't install for me, which I assume is due to different package names between yours and renzenicolai's builds, requiring an uninstall first to switch. Holding out for a new renzenicolai version to keep my settings :) really looking forward to your filter setting though, it will fix a major issue I'm having.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

A few weeks ago I started taking apart the LiveView software and manager. I'm really unhappy with the current plugin system, the menu structure and more. So, I started to reverse-engineer the Bluetooth protocol. I'm at the very beginning but it's looking promising.

Here's the repo: https://github.com/BurntBrunch/LivelierView

The protocol is not very difficult - just request-acknowledge-response serial communication over RFCOMM. Also, the kind people from SE didn't run the manager through Proguard (wink, wink, nudge, nudge ;) ).

I also have what I *think* is a dump of the firmware but it seems either compressed or encrypted. Binwalk didn't find anything in it. If someone would be kind enough to take apart the software updater, we might figure out what's running on the actual device as well.

Overall, I'm just starting but so far it's looking good (got time syncing working! it's at least a watch, if nothing else! :p ).

Any help would be greatly appreciated (pull requests are more than welcome! :))
    Well just a brief status update. The project I've started on github has been progressing, greatly in part from the contributions of boombuler.

You can go there ( https://github.com/pedronveloso/OpenLiveView ) and check the README, and I've compiled and attached an APK so you guys can test for yourselves without having to clone the repo and compile ;). Right now that APK only asks for connecting with the device (has to be paired first of course) and then sends a Vibrate command to the LiveView. There's more commands done in the source then just that but the functionality has not yet received a dedicated UI since the whole thing is on a very early stage.

Bare in mind that theres no point in reporting any bugs at this stage since I myself keep finding them with ease :p

NOTE : You might have to uninstall LiveView first in order to test the app, at least I had to uninstall it because of Broadcasts that where getting in the way sometimes when the LiveView app was installed.

its not done yet. will need to enable getpixel in chibios gfx in order to have clean alpha overlapping. (well you cant see it anyways on a video)
    Update!

Here you go, the next update! :)

Visible changes:
    I added mediacontrols (play/pause, previous track and next track) to the menu.

Invisible changes (protocol):
    - Implemented brightness controll for the liveview display (off, dim and on)
    - Implemented ClearDisplay command
    - Implemented DisplayBitmap command

Invisible changes (gui):
    - Added mediacontrolls like in the sony app when you long press the select key.

Now the problem I am currently experiencing:
    The LiveView does not send back the navigate commands for left, right and select (short press) when in menu mode AND when out of menu mode (zero menuitems).

My question to the original developer of the "net.sourcewalker.olv" app is if he can tell me how to make the liveview send those keypresses to the service.

Something that I found out:
    the device sends DEVICESTATUS_ON back in stead of DEVICESTATUS_MENU when there are zero menu items, in that mode you have full controll over the screen (blanking and sending bitmaps).

EDIT:
    Small bugfix (next button didn't work)
    I'm sorry for being a noob again but what is OLV?
    Can there be a rom for the LiveView in the coming years?
    Is the LiveView open source?
    + can anyone provide me a detailed spec sheet of the LiveView... Like the processor and alll..

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

1. OLV means: OpenLiveView wich is our project name (we have a custom android app that fully replaces sony's app)
    2. a rom is currently in developement as you can see within this post.
    3. the liveview itself is not opensource. our stuff however is.
    4. i cannot provide you a detailed spec sheet right now but will do it when i have some time digging out that info.

so.. now to what i want to post:

current snapshot of my firmware folder in attachments.

current binary of the firmware is also in the attachments. (for thoose who just want to try it without compiling and know what they do)

how to use the firmware folder:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38341041&postcount=731

(yes, i suck at english. digg through it or wait till i explain it on http://openliveview.com)

stuff that is on my todo:

• display timeout (aprox 5 minutes to implement it)
    • bluetooth (need help)
    • write access to the internal storage (need help)
    • access to the current battery charge info (need help)
    • basic menu system (i'm on it)
    • stopwatch (i'm on it after the menu)
    • digital clock (will do it after i did the stopwatch)
    • other stuff