• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Living and Getting Around Happily with the CN Version without Speaking or Understanding Chinese

Search This thread

jeepguynola

May 31, 2019
Long Beach
OPPO Find X3 Pro
Just got the Find X3 Pro, my 3rd Oppo CN phone. I now prefer the Chinese version, not just for the lower price you can find it at, but for the challenge of digging around the settings to reveal some cool surprises that the Chinese-only models have. I may have gotten lucky when I bought the Find 7 from oppostyle.com, when they were still selling phones for the U.S., and was able to register for a back-up account with heytap or whatever it was called then. But I can still log-in, access the storage, and this time was easily able to use the Clone Phone feature to save all my hard-earned settings.

This time it seems you can delete a lot more bloat than you could before without worrying about the bootloader. But the thing I'm really excited about (and it may have been there before) is the assistive Breeno Translate button, which you can park to the side in the little tab bar. I used to have to make screenshots to translate but now you can just tap it, highlight an area on the screen and it pulls up a box with the admittedly not-so-hot-translation. That has allowed me to look for the word "Free" and get in the Theme Store to download what I am unable to figure out how to pay for (2 Koko Coins?), like cool video ringtones and wallpapers. Working on that.

Also, you still have to really dig to allow a lot of permissions for the apps you take for granted, like Outlook, etc., but even that seems less harsh.

Anyway, love the phone, love Oppo. If you like tinkering in the settings, the CN version can be more than rewarding.

brunolongo

Jun 26, 2021
Just got the Find X3 Pro, my 3rd Oppo CN phone. I now prefer the Chinese version, not just for the lower price you can find it at, but for the challenge of digging around the settings to reveal some cool surprises that the Chinese-only models have. I may have gotten lucky when I bought the Find 7 from oppostyle.com, when they were still selling phones for the U.S., and was able to register for a back-up account with heytap or whatever it was called then. But I can still log-in, access the storage, and this time was easily able to use the Clone Phone feature to save all my hard-earned settings.

This time it seems you can delete a lot more bloat than you could before without worrying about the bootloader. But the thing I'm really excited about (and it may have been there before) is the assistive Breeno Translate button, which you can park to the side in the little tab bar. I used to have to make screenshots to translate but now you can just tap it, highlight an area on the screen and it pulls up a box with the admittedly not-so-hot-translation. That has allowed me to look for the word "Free" and get in the Theme Store to download what I am unable to figure out how to pay for (2 Koko Coins?), like cool video ringtones and wallpapers. Working on that.

Also, you still have to really dig to allow a lot of permissions for the apps you take for granted, like Outlook, etc., but even that seems less harsh.

Anyway, love the phone, love Oppo. If you like tinkering in the settings, the CN version can be more than rewarding.
Thanks to your tip, I managed to find the themes for free. But do you know how to buy paid ones? There are a lot of cool ones, but I don't understand what Koko Coins are. Can you buy with real money with an international credit card? Or is it that only the Chinese can buy?

jeepguynola

May 31, 2019
Long Beach
OPPO Find X3 Pro
Thanks to your tip, I managed to find the themes for free. But do you know how to buy paid ones? There are a lot of cool ones, but I don't understand what Koko Coins are. Can you buy with real money with an international credit card? Or is it that only the Chinese can buy?
I have tried everything for that, including trying to purchase a card on AliPay. Doesn't work. You can get some of teh paid themes by installing a set of 3 other apps, which I have done several times without problems. You just have to install, open, close and then remove. Then you get the paid theme. If you figure a workaround for KoKo coins, please let me know. They have some awesome themes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.