• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[LM-G710V] The LG G7 ThinQ Retail Mode/Demo Mode Thread

Search This thread

Mr Hassan

Feb 14, 2016
bro i need g710v stock rom!
now i,m another rom, i can,t got back
and also i,m not able to go in fastboot mode,

i need any solution for this

Muridkegns

Oct 9, 2018
bro i need g710v stock rom!
now i,m another rom, i can,t got back
and also i,m not able to go in fastboot mode,

i need any solution for this

did you tried Korean Pie ?
you know demo unit has LGM-710N board inside, so i think originally its 710N, i think your phone current status (storage is 32gb, restarting with beep Unstable)
also you can try LG LMG710VM KDZ file too maybe it adjust on it, report here or pm me.

Mr Hassan

Feb 14, 2016
did you tried Korean Pie ?
you know demo unit has LGM-710N board inside, so i think originally its 710N, i think your phone current status (storage is 32gb, restarting with beep Unstable)
also you can try LG LMG710VM KDZ file too maybe it adjust on it, report here or pm me.

well 1st of all thanks for your time & reply,
2nd yes its also mention 710N back side,
but i can,t flash N file on it, via octopus, coz its not support for N model,
and via lgup i never want to try, coz i seen somewhere it,ll birck device to 9008 mode.

and also i think in N board wifi not working i want working wifi also

Muridkegns

Oct 9, 2018
well 1st of all thanks for your time & reply,
2nd yes its also mention 710N back side,
but i can,t flash N file on it, via octopus, coz its not support for N model,
and via lgup i never want to try, coz i seen somewhere it,ll birck device to 9008 mode.

and also i think in N board wifi not working i want working wifi also

there is no official ROM availabe for demo unit 710V so you must have to convert it & flash it with LGUP.
did you tried try LG LMG710VM KDZ file ?
we can talk on +923014793612.

Tomsgt

device info
G710V10d

click on the retail mode app and put in the password
password 103729
click on factory data reset in the app and put in admin code
Admin L310MC570G
wait for the device to fully factory reset. Once it boots up quickly go into setting about phone and click on the build number 7 times then go into developer options.
open a adb windows on your pc and start adb server with with adb devices.
then toggle usb debugging and click always allow.

disable device admin
adb shell
am start -S com.android.settings/.Settings\$DeviceAdminSettingsActivity
uncheck retail mode admin and deactivate it.
reboot from the shell with reboot.

Uninstall retail mode app
adb shell
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.lge.retailmode

Demo mode locks removed

Hope this helps those out there that needed it. The battery will still only charge to 50% but everything else will work as far as i can tell so far.
Rootjunky Out.

Darug2300

Sep 10, 2019
device info
G710V10d

Hope this helps those out there that needed it. The battery will still only charge to 50% but everything else will work as far as i can tell so far.
Rootjunky Out.

This worked up until I needed to attach to the PC (which my work PC probably wont allow). Good job. I assume the Imei/modem is still disabled after that?

prmbasheer

Jun 12, 2013
Saskatoon
Google Pixel 3
This worked up until I needed to attach to the PC (which my work PC probably wont allow). Good job. I assume the Imei/modem is still disabled after that?

I bought a LG G7 One from ebay for a very good price. It is a retail mode unit. The mode stayed disabled when I received it but my guess is this takes up a lot of space. I see a 10GB taken than a normal device. I am not bothered because I don't need much space. And contrary to what OP says, my device can take a SIM and works perfectly as a normal phone. Been using it as my primary phone for the past two months with any issues. The device physically is in a very good condition and battery is excellent. A very good buy in my opinion.

Tomsgt

Yes IMEI and modem will not work as these demo units do not have the hardware in them. The PC Part shouldnt be a problem. If your work will not allow it then do it at our Home PC

poog

May 23, 2010
Anyone know of a way to get full battery usage out of these instead of 50%? I am assuming you have to flash a different rom on these? But anyone accomplish this yet on G7 demo phones?

Juan/037

Nov 9, 2019
Que tal amigo, tengo el mismo dispositivo lg g710v y me pasa igual.. He preguntado donde se reparan telefonos si es posible eliminar el modo Retail y me dijeron que no que lo unico que se puede hacer es cambiar la placa base del dispositivo, otra persona me dijo q si era posible pero leyendo tu experiencia de errores con los diferentes firmware creo q no seria buena opción arriesgarse verdad? =/ saludos 🙋

melvinmajor

May 23, 2013
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi everybody,

I have a LG G7 ThinQ (LM-G710V) with fully functional modem even though 2.4GHz and RetailMode installed but not giving the screensaver or anything else as I did the deactivation process of all that annoying stuff directly within the app I updated.
I'm on V10v-COM-XX ROM (Android 8.0 of course) and was thinking about making it work like a normal G7 (I wish I could keep the one they gave me at the time before upgrading to V40, G8S 2 times and now the G8X haha).
The back glass has been broken when the store took off the alarm on it and I made them pay for that (yes, I'm working for LG) but didn't find any info in order to be able to use it as a "iPod Touch" like device or even a real smartphone even though I could insert the module that may not be present in it (I still need to open the phone but with the broken back glass, I prefer to be sure before doing anything).

Someone found a way to make it work?

Kind regards.

EDIT: forgot to mention that I installed APK Extractor and have 10Go left out of the 64GB "normally" available
EDIT2: I have the Discover app and also the AI app which lets you see the "internals" of the phone with some text presentation. Not really important stuff but always great to have as a "gadget" haha

Last edited:

buggyglint

Feb 10, 2011
Ottawa
[/COLOR]
device info
G710V10d

password 103729
Admin L310MC570G
wait for the device to fully factory reset. Once it boots up quickly go into setting about phone and click on the build number 7 times then go into developer options.

disable device admin
adb shell

adb shell

Demo mode locks removed

Rootjunky Out.

Thanks! Worked great for the LG G7 One, only two differences was to to change 'com.lge.retailmode' to 'com.lge.retailmode.oem', and not to restart between the commands because retail mode would re-appear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tomsgt

netookska05

Jan 28, 2013
Albuquerque

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    device info
    G710V10d

password 103729
    Admin L310MC570G

disable device admin
    adb shell

adb shell

Demo mode locks removed

Rootjunky Out.
    With not be able to use as cell phone, and having that annoying display.. Was it really worth the purchase.

Now that I've seen the available storage to the user... no, no it wasn't. lol Best for people to receive these for free.
    Sad, that these phone are so locked down.. Hell this might be the last phone purchase I ever buy. Unless I can actually find one that can be unlocked/rooted, and can be used on my carrier might change my mind.
    True. These LGs are being discounted by a lot of carriers in my area. They're not a bad buy at all. I actually rather like the G7, shame the demo unit has so little free space available to the user. You can install a ROM on even the demo units and get some space back, but not all of it. I guess LG learned from the super easy to remove demo mode on the G6. On the G7 One (a Canadian Android One variant of the G7), removing retail mode is super easy. It uses the same passwords as the G6 and there's an uninstall button! Which is sadly missing from the G7 units.
    Are you able to execute *#546368#*710# in the dialer there seems to be a factory reset option in there I'm not sure what it does specifically as I don't feel like factory resetting my phone its in SVC test and says R&D only. Not sure if it would help

That’s a great idea but of course... the emergency dialer doesn’t let you put in any codes! It’s supposed to take you to the menu immediately after the last number sign but the emergency dialer treats it like an actual number.
    you can remove retail mode easy