• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LM-V405 EBW - no fastboot mode

Search This thread

Doush_504

Jan 1, 2021
Hello everyone, wishing you a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

I just bought a V40 which I wanted to root (coming from an LG G4 which was very easily rooted).
I just cannot go into fastboot mode no matter how hard I try (to get the device ID and get the unlock file from LG).

Would anyone be able to help please ?

sharpienation

Apr 22, 2016
I don't think LG will offer the unlock for your model anyway so the device ID will be pointless for you.

You WILL need Fastboot however. I had a device in a similar spot and needed to follow the "Unlock for All" guide in the guides section of the XDA LG V40 forums to enter EDL mode and get a V35 Engineering Bootloader.

linsalata28

Dec 25, 2010
Rio Grande
Hello everyone, wishing you a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

I just bought a V40 which I wanted to root (coming from an LG G4 which was very easily rooted).
I just cannot go into fastboot mode no matter how hard I try (to get the device ID and get the unlock file from LG).

Would anyone be able to help please ?
I have a LG-V405TA and would also love to have root but after a lot of research the only option I read was one that requires some soldering. I'm still waiting for my warranty to come in before I try that.
I really wish there was more support for the T-Mobile version of this device.
Good luck with rooting yours.

Doush_504

Jan 1, 2021
I don't think LG will offer the unlock for your model anyway so the device ID will be pointless for you.

You WILL need Fastboot however. I had a device in a similar spot and needed to follow the "Unlock for All" guide in the guides section of the XDA LG V40 forums to enter EDL mode and get a V35 Engineering Bootloader.
Trying to go to Fastboot simply reboots the device
Extremely frustrating ...

Sep 30, 2015
Galați
Hey, I have the same device, two SIMs model and the same problem. I honestly don't know what I'm doing, but I went that far to create an account on LG to give them the device ID and them send me the bootloader. The problem is that after I enter "adb reboot bootloader", it just simply restarts and can't enter "fastboot oem device-id". Tried several combinations with the buttons held, but to no avail.
The phone is brand new, just wanted to get the most out of it. If anyone can work some magic, let me know.

bsteph27

Nov 14, 2020
hello if you are not resolve your probleme a i have an answer.
lg v40 dont have fastboot mode in origine you must make the bootloader unlock procedure. i wrote an advice for make your phone ine edl mode