• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LM-V5000EM can it be rooted? Currently on Stock Android 11

Search This thread

matthew33

Nov 24, 2010
WALES, UK
As in title really.

I've just bought a Samsung Galaxy S10+

and

LG V50 LM-V5000EM

Got them both in front of me right now and I VERY much prefer the V50, but can it be rooted so I can use Titanium backup and system app remover etc?

Just come from the V30 forums...gave that to my mother.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

thanks
Matt

matthew33

Nov 24, 2010
WALES, UK
This has been up for weejs now and had hundeds of views and not one single person know if it can be rooted????

Royaltiger

Jan 24, 2012
First of all, your title is wrong relating to model number.

If your bootloader is unlocked, then you should install Magisk app manager. Extract the boot.img from the firmware and have it patched in Magisk. Transfer the patched file to PC and flash it to the V50 boot partition using fastboot. That should make the phone rooted.

If you have problem in extracting the boot.img from the firmware, I can help you.

Duchman

Jan 18, 2013
Tbilisi
Google Pixel XL
LG V50 ThinQ
I am writing this after a cursory search through the V50 forums.

Your device model (LMV500EM) has an official method for unlocking the bootloader: https://developer.lge.com/resource/mobile/RetrieveBootloader.dev

Once your bootloader is unlocked, you may try to follow the instructions in this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...sk-root-using-firehose.4221793/#post-84336553

Namely, you want to try the instructions that follow the "Magisk Root" subtitle. That thread is for V50 models without an official bootloader unlock method, so the first part deals with unofficial bootloader unlock. Since your bootloader can easily be unlocked, you shouldn't follow the guide step-by-step. Rather, AFTER unlocking your bootloader, your goal is to:
1) Get your phone into fastboot
2) Take note of the active slot - _a or _b
3) Back up the corresponding boot partition - either boot_a or boot_b
4) Patch the correct boot image using Magisk Manager
5) Write the patched image back to the correct slot on the device

This is not a detailed step-by-step guide, but rather an outline of what you need to accomplish using the information from the guide I linked above. This is just an observation as I don't have this model, and have never performed the procedure in this order. I used this guide to unlock the bootloader on a Sprint V50 and it worked for me. Therefore, if you attempt this, make sure to back up everything you can. I personally would be very careful attempting this since the risk of failure is fairly high.

I could try writing out more detailed instructions but I find your entitlement to an answer to be off-putting. Either way, I wish you luck with this, if you attempt it.

Duchman

Jan 18, 2013
Tbilisi
Google Pixel XL
LG V50 ThinQ
First of all, your title is wrong relating to model number.

If your bootloader is unlocked, then you should install Magisk app manager. Extract the boot.img from the firmware and have it patched in Magisk. Transfer the patched file to PC and flash it to the V50 boot partition using fastboot. That should make the phone rooted.

If you have problem in extracting the boot.img from the firmware, I can help you.
Saw your reply after I had posted mine. I completely forgot European models have firmware files available. It'd definitely be easier to extract a boot image from a firmware file rather than trying to get it from the device using QFIL, so your approach is better. I guess having the Sprint version got me into a scarcity mindset.

Last edited:

matthew33

Nov 24, 2010
WALES, UK
Saw your reply after I had posted mine. I completely forgot European models have firmware files available. It'd definitely be easier to extract a boot image from a firmware file rather than trying to get it from the device using QFIL, so your approach is better. I guess having the Sprint version got me into a scarcity mindset.
Hey, no worries, I VERY much appreciate your reply.

After coming from the V30 and how easy that was to root - you have scared the crap outta me with all those steps.
Just soooo wish it was 100% definitely possible.

I don't want custom roms oranhything, I just miss, in Order

1: Titanium Backup
2:System appremover
3: Adblock, proper adblock like i had on my v30 ( sniff, cry)
4: TWRP

Heck, I'd PAY to get my V50 rooted ;-)

thanks
Matt

lallolu

Dec 5, 2009
Huawei Mate 30 Pro
Hey, no worries, I VERY much appreciate your reply.

After coming from the V30 and how easy that was to root - you have scared the crap outta me with all those steps.
Just soooo wish it was 100% definitely possible.

I don't want custom roms oranhything, I just miss, in Order

1: Titanium Backup
2:System appremover
3: Adblock, proper adblock like i had on my v30 ( sniff, cry)
4: TWRP

Heck, I'd PAY to get my V50 rooted ;-)

thanks
Matt
Check this https://t.me/v50thinq/212343

matthew33

Nov 24, 2010
WALES, UK
LMV500EM is my model and I have Just unlocked bootloader, which was easy...but errrr, and ideas where i go from here?

lallolu

Dec 5, 2009
Huawei Mate 30 Pro
Just in case you missed it, @lallolu here offered to do it for 5 bucks which I think is a fair price. You mentioned you'd be willing to pay to get it rooted earlier.
Hi, I am not the one doing it. It is one guy called "Remote Unlock Service". He is very knowledgeable and he could help with other issues too. I used him once when I bricked my phone. Rooting and unlocking bootloader is actually easy for the ones that know how to follow guides.

Reactions: Duchman

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just in case you missed it, @lallolu here offered to do it for 5 bucks which I think is a fair price. You mentioned you'd be willing to pay to get it rooted earlier.
    Hi, I am not the one doing it. It is one guy called "Remote Unlock Service". He is very knowledgeable and he could help with other issues too. I used him once when I bricked my phone. Rooting and unlocking bootloader is actually easy for the ones that know how to follow guides.