• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

lm450pm on 20n. is there a way to root yet and make with all carriers? im on stock

Search This thread

C D

All V50 models can be rooted, and you can see the guide further down in this section. As for carrier stuff, I rooted my Sprint V50 (also on software version 20n) and seem to get VoLTE on a T-Mobile MVNO using some VoLTE fix files from the LG G8 section. I haven't done a whole lot of testing with it yet since it's on a backup line and not my daily driver, but I can provide more details if you're interested. I certainly would like to see more V50 users in the U.S. with working VoLTE.

en11gma

Jan 18, 2013
All V50 models can be rooted, and you can see the guide further down in this section. As for carrier stuff, I rooted my Sprint V50 (also on software version 20n) and seem to get VoLTE on a T-Mobile MVNO using some VoLTE fix files from the LG G8 section. I haven't done a whole lot of testing with it yet since it's on a backup line and not my daily driver, but I can provide more details if you're interested. I certainly would like to see more V50 users in the U.S. with working VoLTE.
um yea
we still have one lg v450pm (sprint unlocked) that dont work on tmobile last i remembered.
we wound up getting two s21 ultras for free after 2 year commitment.
i sure liked my v50 better.
expandable storage and headphone jack and no commitment as we owned both
im still bitter at tmobile as u can tell probably so i would love to get that phone working.
can you give clear instructions?
thanks

C D

The general guide for unlocking the bootloader and rooting is linked in the first post of this thread:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...isk-root-using-firehose-by-seasee606.4277273/
There is also a video on YouTube showing how it's generally done:
I also provided some pointers in that thread in post #13 here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-firehose-by-seasee606.4277273/#post-85443909
The good thing about this weird procedure is that you can actually "practice" going into EDL mode and using QFIL to look at the phone's partition files without changing anything on the phone yet. You may also want to get used to the button combination to enter recovery mode when the phone is powered off (also mentioned in my pointers linked above).

After rooting the phone, grab the attachment file found in this post from the LG G8 VoLTE fix thread:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/lg-g8-volte-fix.4113291/page-2#post-85455109
Using the files inside the attachment and following the included readme instructions, replace the corresponding files on your V50 (make sure you backup your original files first). Then reboot, and you should be done.

One major issue I currently have is that every once in a while, the phone signal just drops off and can't come back (it just happened again today). But after putting the SIM card into a different phone for a bit and then later returning the card to the V50, it works again. This is on a Tracfone T-Mobile SIM card, so I don't know if it's something weird about that MVNO or T-Mobile's network in general. I'll have to look more into this, and I hope this dropping off isn't because of the Sprint V50's IMEI number which, like all Sprint-branded phones, does not pass T-Mobile's IMEI checker.

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.