LMG820UM Problems

Search This thread

johnnycm77

Oct 3, 2010
candler
LG V20
LG G8
I have the LG G8 from Verizon. About a year ago I was trying to root it and got so frustrated with it that I ended up deleting all the partitions on. So bad that all it can do is go into edl mode. Well today I downloaded the chinese kdz tools and I've used it to extract I think dz to dz. I don't know what to do with the G82010g_00_VZW_US_0918_img file it made. Please somebody help me get my phone back to working.

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Samsung Galaxy S10
I have the LG G8 from Verizon. About a year ago I was trying to root it and got so frustrated with it that I ended up deleting all the partitions on. So bad that all it can do is go into edl mode. Well today I downloaded the chinese kdz tools and I've used it to extract I think dz to dz. I don't know what to do with the G82010g_00_VZW_US_0918_img file it made. Please somebody help me get my phone back to working.

So, bad situation, as you know. Follow this link to a windows based kdz extractor tool.

Hopefully that will extract your vzw kdz. If so, flash abl, boot, laf and dtbo partitions to both slots using edl. That should give you download mode so you can use lgup to refurbish the vzw kdz.

I've never had to do this, so not sure what the result will be. Since you deleted all partitions, I don't know if they will be 'rebuilt' completely, with imei etc. But at this point, you've nothing to lose.

good luck

johnnycm77

Oct 3, 2010
candler
LG V20
LG G8
So, bad situation, as you know. Follow this link to a windows based kdz extractor tool.

Hopefully that will extract your vzw kdz. If so, flash abl, boot, laf and dtbo partitions to both slots using edl. That should give you download mode so you can use lgup to refurbish the vzw kdz.

I've never had to do this, so not sure what the result will be. Since you deleted all partitions, I don't know if they will be 'rebuilt' completely, with imei etc. But at this point, you've nothing to lose.

good luck
How do I flash them?

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Samsung Galaxy S10
What do I use to do that. Im not too familiar with qualcomm

you said you deleted all partitions didn't you? How did you do that? It was edl mode and qfil wasn't it? As that's what's in guides section to root device.

that's what you use. Except this time, don't make the same mistake. This time, follow the guide to and flash partitions.

there are no other ways.