LMV600AM Restore/Ugrade Guide

Search This thread

hooutoo

Apr 17, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale
The LMV600AM Restore / Ugrade Guide saved my phone many times. Thank you very much for that. Can you add a Restore / Upgrade for android 10, I would like it a lot.
Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of ATT a10 and quite frankly I wouldn't go back to it anyway. I'm presently running a13 dp2 as my daily. As soon as a13 b1 comes out I'll move to it. As mentioned in some of my older posts, LG is dead, but this phone has an unlocked bootloader which provides me a way to test/use a13 right now. I most likely will be on one of the later a13 betas long before the v60 even gets a12. So if/when this phone get a stock a12 rom (which will be bloated as s**t) it will already be at least a year and a half behind and that will be the last one.

Btw, I had considered doing a guide/restore for a13 dp2 but since google seems to be moving with android much faster than expected I'll probably just wait for b1 and then do something.

Also, I strongly suggest that, via qfil, you backup all Imei/sn related partitions and lock 'em up. 99 percent of the problems here are occurring (mainly imei problems) because they didn't backup those 6-8 partitions.

surgemanx

Jan 29, 2022
Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of ATT a10 and quite frankly I wouldn't go back to it anyway. I'm presently running a13 dp2 as my daily. As soon as a13 b1 comes out I'll move to it. As mentioned in some of my older posts, LG is dead, but this phone has an unlocked bootloader which provides me a way to test/use a13 right now. I most likely will be on one of the later a13 betas long before the v60 even gets a12. So if/when this phone get a stock a12 rom (which will be bloated as s**t) it will already be at least a year and a half behind and that will be the last one.

Btw, I had considered doing a guide/restore for a13 dp2 but since google seems to be moving with android much faster than expected I'll probably just wait for b1 and then do something.

Also, I strongly suggest that, via qfil, you backup all Imei/sn related partitions and lock 'em up. 99 percent of the problems here are occurring (mainly imei problems) because they didn't backup those 6-8 partitions.
Okay Hooutoo,you got me on the 6-8 patitions in qfil part?I have bricked and restored my V60 dealing with AT&T's crap with the VoLTE issues with non carrier branded devices quite a few times.I've left my bootloader unlocked for this reason too.I'm currently still cross flashed with 20d AT&T firmware via a Luns backup,and it's sailing smooth as silk so far.My other question,with the Beta test of A13 how is it still using voice without authentic firmware?This has become a big issue as of March 18th where I'm located.

Reactions: highvoltage12v

hooutoo

Apr 17, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale
Okay Hooutoo,you got me on the 6-8 patitions in qfil part?I have bricked and restored my V60 dealing with AT&T's crap with the VoLTE issues with non carrier branded devices quite a few times.I've left my bootloader unlocked for this reason too.I'm currently still cross flashed with 20d AT&T firmware via a Luns backup,and it's sailing smooth as silk so far.My other question,with the Beta test of A13 how is it still using voice without authentic firmware?This has become a big issue as of March 18th where I'm located.
I'm not really sure what you're asking? First, which model v60 do you have, am, vm, tm, ea or something else? Second, which carrier are you trying to use? Next, If you did a complete luns restore without properly modifying some of the luns, especially lun5 and lun6 it's a damn miracle the phones running at all.

Please reread my op post. This is strictly for lmv60am already running on a11. That's not to say that it won't work on another model, or trying to upgrade from at&t a10, it's just that I haven't tested it. But if you're running an am model with at&t fw then you're not crossflashed.

As for the 6 to 8 partitions, those are partitions that primarily comprise lun5 and 6. I purposely did not include those in my restore dataset so no one could wipeout their imei/sn. So the bottom line is simply this; If you have a phone with a good imei and SN and it's a am model this restore will work every time and if not your phone was already screwed up beyond the scope of this recovery.

surgemanx

Jan 29, 2022
I'm not really sure what you're asking? First, which model v60 do you have, am, vm, tm, ea or something else? Second, which carrier are you trying to use? Next, If you did a complete luns restore without properly modifying some of the luns, especially lun5 and lun6 it's a damn miracle the phones running at all.

Please reread my op post. This is strictly for lmv60am already running on a11. That's not to say that it won't work on another model, or trying to upgrade from at&t a10, it's just that I haven't tested it. But if you're running an am model with at&t fw then you're not crossflashed.

As for the 6 to 8 partitions, those are partitions that primarily comprise lun5 and 6. I purposely did not include those in my restore dataset so no one could wipeout their imei/sn. So the bottom line is simply this; If you have a phone with a good imei and SN and it's a am model this restore will work every time and if not your phone was already screwed up beyond the scope of this recovery.
Luns 5 is the main one and I had that backed up before I started this adventure.You can still write Luns 6 from another back up device and it doesn't make a difference at all.Well,at least so far I don't see any issues on my end.But,thank you for clarifying the 6-8 of what you was describing.My model is a TM model,and with AT&T's new 3g shutdown they have something in place to verify which software you're using on the device.If it's not a branded AT&T device they're blocking VoLTE and you can't make or receive calls.Data and text work 100% with no issues at all.And,it's not IMEI related becuase they have the correct IMEI of this V60 I'm using and with it cross flashed with the 20d Luns files it's working like a champ.Oh I understand it's only intended for the 600AM models,but as of now I'm looking for solutions so it will work properly.That was another reason I ask how voice was working on A13 beta?I hope that better explains what I was saying to you.But,thanks for your work.This may be a viable solution for others using their service with different carrier V60's.

Edit:One other thing I wanted to say.The VoLTE issues with this shut down has nothing to do with the modem files either.I have decompressed the AT&T modem file from my device,and tried to write the mbn files back with PDC and even set it active for 5g.Even down to changing all the VoLTE criteria settings in the hidden menu to match perfect and it won't work for voice calls with a different branded firmware.I wanted to sling that out there too.I have been stabbing hard to see what they have done to keep calls from being used...lol..

Last edited:

hooutoo

Apr 17, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale
Luns 5 is the main one and I had that backed up before I started this adventure.You can still write Luns 6 from another back up device and it doesn't make a difference at all.Well,at least so far I don't see any issues on my end.But,thank you for clarifying the 6-8 of what you was describing.My model is a TM model,and with AT&T's new 3g shutdown they have something in place to verify which software you're using on the device.If it's not a branded AT&T device they're blocking VoLTE and you can't make or receive calls.Data and text work 100% with no issues at all.And,it's not IMEI related becuase they have the correct IMEI of this V60 I'm using and with it cross flashed with the 20d Luns files it's working like a champ.Oh I understand it's only intended for the 600AM models,but as of now I'm looking for solutions so it will work properly.That was another reason I ask how voice was working on A13 beta?I hope that better explains what I was saying to you.But,thanks for your work.This may be a viable solution for others using their service with different carrier V60's.

Edit:One other thing I wanted to say.The VoLTE issues with this shut down has nothing to do with the modem files either.I have decompressed the AT&T modem file from my device,and tried to write the mbn files back with PDC and even set it active for 5g.Even down to changing all the VoLTE criteria settings in the hidden menu to match perfect and it won't work for voice calls with a different branded firmware.I wanted to sling that out there too.I have been stabbing hard to see what they have done to keep calls from being used...lol..
Oh! Well I'd be happy to talk about a13 but first of all I'd like to clear something up. When posting here about kernel panic it would be preferable for you to be a little more specific about what you're trying to do, and specifically what model v60 doing it on. Other people are reading this and they see kernel failure and don't know you're testing outside of the scope of this restore. They think it just plain doesn't work. This process has been successfully used by many many people but most importantly, I freaking use it!

Now I'm not sure why you would use a TM model on AT&T when Tmob has some very good and inexpensive 5g prepay plans. They also have by far the best 5g network in the US, at least right now. With that being said, I use google fi which is actually the tmob network and I've had no problem with making calls but am presently only able to get LTE and no volte. I put up with this for now because I have a large credit with Fi stemming from a previous phone deal. When that done I'll most likely move to another carrier and maybe another phone.

Ok, so here's the deal with a13 dp2 (developer preview). I'm using a pixel 5a a13 dp2 rom that has been converted to a gsi rom using Erfan's GSIs tool. Also, I manage to load and boot the pixels 6 pro convert a13 dp2 rom but couldn't get any audio on a call so I had to fall back to the 5a rom. Everything is copacetic except for a few things. I had to use the app hd camera and google assistant is presently not working with error message: :google assistant not available on this device", which I think had to do with permissions. a13 is a totally different animal when it comes to security. Now on the upside, there is not one shred of bloatware on my phone, not from a carrier and not from LG. It's smooth, it's fast, I can make calls and browse and so far no failures what so ever.

Now last but not least, you will totally loose all test menu ability. That means no *"568346'*600#. This almost made me turn back but since I just use this phone for testing and LTE is very fast in Sofla it works for me.

Jano33

Apr 1, 2022

The problem with a11 on att is that you can't do cross flash anymore, it keeps showing antirollback error. There was no problem with that on the a10. I have two v60 one Tm the other ATT. I made a backup of all partitions of both phones but it turns out that the ones shown in qfil are not all partitions. Can you write a guide on how to get the rest of the partitions that are in your Restore / Upgrade. Ultimately, I want to throw the tm partitions into att. It does not bother me that it would be two such identical telephones with the same imei.

Jano33

Apr 1, 2022
I did as I wrote above. I learned to make a full backup in the form of lun 1,2,3,4,5,6. I threw a copy from TM to ATT. ATT started with an OPID Mismatched error. Then I did crossflasching TM.kdz. The smartphone started correctly as T-Mobile. the serial number was the same as in the original TM. The problem was that he did not get the imei number and did not read the sim card - no network coverage.
I have one question, has anyone installed a working TWRP on ATT? For me, after installing and starting TWRP, the touch does not work (no control possible).

surgemanx

Jan 29, 2022
I did as I wrote above. I learned to make a full backup in the form of lun 1,2,3,4,5,6. I threw a copy from TM to ATT. ATT started with an OPID Mismatched error. Then I did crossflasching TM.kdz. The smartphone started correctly as T-Mobile. the serial number was the same as in the original TM. The problem was that he did not get the imei number and did not read the sim card - no network coverage.
I have one question, has anyone installed a working TWRP on ATT? For me, after installing and starting TWRP, the touch does not work (no control possible).
The trick to using a LUNS backup to cross flash the TM variant to AT&T skip LUNS 5.It will boot without the OPID mismatch.

surgemanx

Jan 29, 2022
For the record,hooutoo's backup of the 20q firmware works flawless.I'm even crossflashed with his back up as I'm typing this.I wanted to give many thanks for this,and it's keeping our unlocked variants alive and working on AT&T's proprietary b.s. with the IMS settings.We need Qfil backups of the AT&T variants as they do OTA updates so we can keep the unlocked non-branded AT&T units moving with them.

rifay78

Feb 28, 2022
Lenovo Legion Duel
After doing that I have that
IMG-20220424-WA0003.jpg

rifay78

Feb 28, 2022
Lenovo Legion Duel
Which variant of the v60 are you trying this on?If it's a non branded AT&T model,refurbish the device with the original firmware.Then use Hooutoo's 20q backup,and uncheck sid_a,sid_b,abl_a,and abl_b.It'll boot and work 100%.I'm on it now with a USC V60,and it hasn't blinked or gave me any errors at all.
I used the file you shared
Is that for at&t?
And for this case can i open 9008 again?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This restore process is intended for the AT&T V60 (lmv600am) model and will WIPE your data so back it up if you want to keep it!

This process will restore the lmv600am to original factory state for the AT&T v60 v20q build (a11). I’ve dumped all the required partitions from a new replacement phone sent to me by LG. This process uses the Qfil utility and assumes you already have a working knowledge of Qfil and that you have already installed it on your Windows PC. If you don’t have that knowledge start reading. The internet is full of Qfil guides.

You can’t damage or fix your existing imei relevant partitions from this restore because they aren’t included in this download.

You are responsible for backing up your existing phone partitions. I’m not liable for you using my work product and you do so at your own risk. If you’re unsure of what you’re doing then read more about Qfil and what is does. Again, if you are a newby go slow. Taking your time will save you a lot of aggravation.

This process will not fix your erased or damage imei number problem. There are process out there but they are usually reserved for people with an expert level of knowledge on the subject.

This guide is for anyone who’s presently unable to boot or who just can’t access AT&T ota services and wishes to upgrade their lmv600am to a newer a11 build. I have only tried this when my phone was already on an Android 11 rom. That’s not to say it won’t work coming from a Android 10 rom but I haven’t tried it.

This process will not fix your erased or damage imei number problem.

Steps

1. Download “Lmv600am v20q Restore Partitions.7z” file from ??? and unzip. Remember the unzipped restore directory path.
    2. Plug your phone into PC with USB cable and put you phone in EDL (9008) mode. Again, there are guides on how to do this everywhere.
    3. Start Qfil and select the port of your phone’ connection. (See Windows device manager)
    4. Select the v60 firehose (.elf) which is included in the unzipped directory.
    5. Select storage type = ulf which is located at the bottom right of the Qfil dialog screen. I’m using Qfil 2.0.3.5 version.
    6. Next click on the “load XML” button and group select “rawprogram0” thru “rawprogram6” which are also in the unzipped directory, then hit OK. Next it will ask for the Patch0.xml file, hit cancel as we’re not patching anything.
    7. Wait a few seconds and then click on the “Download” button. Qfil will now resolve all the names of the partitions to be restore and then start the download process to the phone.​

When complete phone reboots as I recall.
    Thank you sir! I already have backups of all my luns 5s.
    A12 30E for the AT&T V60 variant!

Hello Mr. Surgemanxx, information appeared in the news that LG V60 ATT received an update to android 13, if you have the opportunity to upload the LUNs with a new update? thank you very much in advance.
    IMG_20230506_235241_007.jpg
    No problem at all!Works well doesn't it?I'll post updated versions as they update ota.Keep watching!
    I stated anytime you used my 30C of the backup I posted to always factory reset in recovery.It will boot,and it works 100%.WiFi calling and all!The A12 30D backup I just posted you shouldn't have to factory reset at all.It should be a clean backup with no userdata left like the 30C had.Which,that was solved with a simple reset?
    I tried to restore to one device and its perfect.
    thank you for sharing backup and also in the future