LMV600AM Restore/Ugrade Guide

Search This thread
Feb 15, 2011
For the record,hooutoo's backup of the 20q firmware works flawless.I'm even crossflashed with his back up as I'm typing this.I wanted to give many thanks for this,and it's keeping our unlocked variants alive and working on AT&T's proprietary b.s. with the IMS settings.We need Qfil backups of the AT&T variants as they do OTA updates so we can keep the unlocked non-branded AT&T units moving with them.
I've been trying to follow everything you did but you're scaring me with the kernel Panic Part. I like you have a V600TM running US Cellular Firmware, trying to use on AT&T. I cannot make or receive Phone Calls because VOLTE will not activate. I'm already on A12 however. I have Backed up a about 13 Partitions: FSC, FSG, TFM, MODEM A/B, MODEMST1, MODEMST2, OP_A, OP_B, SID_A, SID_B, ABL_A, ABL_B. What other partitions should I Backup through EDL? Should I even attempt this after updating to A12? What was your method of rewriting the LUNS partitions? I have access to a Real V600AM also on AT&T A12, but it has USB-C issues.
Thanks

Attachments

• USC Partitions.png
    USC Partitions.png
    77.6 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

irfan64672

Jul 24, 2015
This restore process is intended for the AT&T V60 (lmv600am) model and will WIPE your data so back it up if you want to keep it!

This process will restore the lmv600am to original factory state for the AT&T v60 v20q build (a11). I’ve dumped all the required partitions from a new replacement phone sent to me by LG. This process uses the Qfil utility and assumes you already have a working knowledge of Qfil and that you have already installed it on your Windows PC. If you don’t have that knowledge start reading. The internet is full of Qfil guides.

You can’t damage or fix your existing imei relevant partitions from this restore because they aren’t included in this download.

You are responsible for backing up your existing phone partitions. I’m not liable for you using my work product and you do so at your own risk. If you’re unsure of what you’re doing then read more about Qfil and what is does. Again, if you are a newby go slow. Taking your time will save you a lot of aggravation.

This process will not fix your erased or damage imei number problem. There are process out there but they are usually reserved for people with an expert level of knowledge on the subject.

This guide is for anyone who’s presently unable to boot or who just can’t access AT&T ota services and wishes to upgrade their lmv600am to a newer a11 build. I have only tried this when my phone was already on an Android 11 rom. That’s not to say it won’t work coming from a Android 10 rom but I haven’t tried it.

This process will not fix your erased or damage imei number problem.

Steps

1. Download “Lmv600am v20q Restore Partitions.7z” file from here and unzip. Remember the unzipped restore directory path.
  2. Plug your phone into PC with USB cable and put you phone in EDL (9008) mode. Again, there are guides on how to do this everywhere.
  3. Start Qfil and select the port of your phone’ connection. (See Windows device manager)
  4. Select the v60 firehose (.elf) which is included in the unzipped directory.
  5. Select storage type = ulf which is located at the bottom right of the Qfil dialog screen. I’m using Qfil 2.0.3.5 version.
  6. Next click on the “load XML” button and group select “rawprogram0” thru “rawprogram6” which are also in the unzipped directory, then hit OK. Next it will ask for the Patch0.xml file, hit cancel as we’re not patching anything.
  7. Wait a few seconds and then click on the “Download” button. Qfil will now resolve all the names of the partitions to be restore and then start the download process to the phone.​

When complete phone reboots as I recall.
I have the backup of Modemst1 Modemst2 FTM FSC FSG. I want to restore them while flashing your this backup. Which file should I edit? And what code is need to be write in the xml file?

vitalez06

Apr 25, 2020
so just noticed my phone reports as the 600-VM. verizon right? this is from flashing the firmware in this thread..

so odd
If you are still looking for a solution to this months later, I think I may have solved it.

I was in the same boat as you being an LGV600AM user that crossflashed because of the fingerprint bug. Since I intend to give this to my mom to use instead because I use something else, I had to return it back to stock for it to be usable by a casual user without the root stuff I did on it.

What I did was, do this guide to restore to an AT&T firmware with QFIL. You get the idea. Doing the fastboot -w also didn't work on my end. What made it work was locking the bootloader back by doing fastboot oem lock. Doing that forces the phone to wipe data properly, so it did - and it finally booted up!

Now, the problem next was just like yours where it reports LGV600VM, which I found odd. NT code still pops up, and 5G AT&T doesn't work. The bloatware doesn't auto-install, cannot update Android version, and boot logo is generic LG, unlike the AT&T one with sound. I tried looking back at the crossflashing guide, then suddenly had a big brain idea that might've been the cause of every problems after crossflashing back to stock. If you look back at it, there's a step where you backup certain partitions - namely: ftm, modem_a/b, op_a/b, and sid_a/b (A/B because both slots are backed up). Guide tells you to erase those partitions after backing them up, presumably because it's gonna be written over from the KDZ in LGUP flashing step, or maybe to not install AT&T bloat? No idea.

At this point, I thought to just load my backup partitions onto QFIL by locating them in Partition Manager and pressing Load Image... to each individual partitions. And whaddya know, it actually booted up and restored everything! I just redid the restore guide again just to make sure, and it still works! The fingerprint bug shows up again since it's most likely the calibration aspect of it gets wiped out of the system from flashing, so you just have to do it again and it should work even after wiping your device from Settings or recovery what have you. My phone is now back to reporting LGV600AM, no NT code popups, fingerprint and 5G works, and was able to update to Android 12 without problems.

Last edited:

chamilun

Jan 1, 2011
If you are still looking for a solution to this months later, I think I may have solved it.

I was in the same boat as you being an LGV600AM user that crossflashed because of the fingerprint bug. Since I intend to give this to my mom to use instead because I use something else, I had to return it back to stock for it to be usable by a casual user without the root stuff I did on it.

What I did was, do this guide to restore to an AT&T firmware with QFIL. You get the idea. Doing the fastboot -w also didn't work on my end. What made it work was locking the bootloader back by doing fastboot oem lock. Doing that forces the phone to wipe data properly, so it did - and it finally booted up!

Now, the problem next was just like yours where it reports LGV600VM, which I found odd. NT code still pops up, and 5G AT&T doesn't work. The bloatware doesn't auto-install, cannot update Android version, and boot logo is generic LG, unlike the AT&T one with sound. I tried looking back at the crossflashing guide, then suddenly had a big brain idea that might've been the cause of every problems after crossflashing back to stock. If you look back at it, there's a step where you backup certain partitions - namely: ftm, modem_a/b, op_a/b, and sid_a/b (A/B because both slots are backed up). Guide tells you to erase those partitions after backing them up, presumably because it's gonna be written over from the KDZ in LGUP flashing step, or maybe to not install AT&T bloat? No idea.

At this point, I thought to just load my backup partitions onto QFIL by locating them in Partition Manager and pressing Load Image... to each individual partitions. And whaddya know, it actually booted up and restored everything! I just redid the restore guide again just to make sure, and it still works! The fingerprint bug shows up again since it's most likely the calibration aspect of it gets wiped out of the system from flashing, so you just have to do it again and it should work even after wiping your device from Settings or recovery what have you. My phone is now back to reporting LGV600AM, no NT code popups, fingerprint works, and was able to update to Android 12 without problems.
you are the man. Im gonna try this and report back

chamilun

Jan 1, 2011
can anyone verify if IMEI info is within the following partitions:
ftm, modem_a/b, op_a/b, and sid_a/b

thank you

chamilun

Jan 1, 2011
by the way, anyone following this guide and getting bootloop or it simply keeps booting as its looking for userdata

the needed step is to go into partition manager within qfil. select user data, and erase it. then reboot phone (power and -vol) and
you should be able to boot normally

dangtoi1993

Feb 26, 2016
LG V60 ThinQ
by the way, anyone following this guide and getting bootloop or it simply keeps booting as its looking for userdata

the needed step is to go into partition manager within qfil. select user data, and erase it. then reboot phone (power and -vol) and
you should be able to boot normally
or simple way is just do hard factory reset when bootloop by button. (keep vol- and press power)

chamilun

Jan 1, 2011
or simple way is just do hard factory reset when bootloop by button. (keep vol- and press power)
that wont work when you have a true bootloop.

using qfil saves a LOT of hassle trying to get into fastboot. and definitely not flashing the engineering ABL that screws it up for later
and takes a lot of effort to get back

rifay78

Feb 28, 2022
Lenovo Legion Duel
Why I see this massage after restoring?
Need help please
I emailed ATT and they told me that device is unlocked . and I tried to unlocked from paid website and they didn't do thatmy network icon inactive and I can't open it
Radio on but VoLTE inactive.

Attachments

• IMG_20220727_121523.jpg
    IMG_20220727_121523.jpg
    749.5 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

dangtoi1993

Feb 26, 2016
LG V60 ThinQ
Why I see this massage after restoring?
Need help please
I emailed ATT and they told me that device is unlocked . and I tried to unlocked from paid website and they didn't do thatmy network icon inactive and I can't open it
Radio on but VoLTE inactive.
somehow you deleted your original imei partitions (like earse intire flash, delete modemst,...), and now your imei is 0.
Method in this thread can not do that.

Tear here

Aug 6, 2022
hi hey hello, before you use qfil tool, they need unlocked bootloader? or no...im just asking...thank you

Tear here

Aug 6, 2022
Okay Hooutoo,you got me on the 6-8 patitions in qfil part?I have bricked and restored my V60 dealing with AT&T's crap with the VoLTE issues with non carrier branded devices quite a few times.I've left my bootloader unlocked for this reason too.I'm currently still cross flashed with 20d AT&T firmware via a Luns backup,and it's sailing smooth as silk so far.My other question,with the Beta test of A13 how is it still using voice without authentic firmware?This has become a big issue as of March 18th where I'm located.
hi can you share me luns backup lg v60 at&t 20d, and pls help me how to do that... im newbie. i eant to update my lg v60 at&t because they always freeze w/ sound during the game. sometimes they restart. and my android is A10, so i think if update my phone my problem is gone... and also if i use QFIL tool they need unlocked bootloader or NO?... because i read that AT&T cannot be unlocked? i hope you can help me my problem...thank you in advanced

deegore

Oct 2, 2013
I have a rooted att v60 on Android 10. If I follow this guide will I lose root. It so, can I easily get it back?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This restore process is intended for the AT&T V60 (lmv600am) model and will WIPE your data so back it up if you want to keep it!

This process will restore the lmv600am to original factory state for the AT&T v60 v20q build (a11). I’ve dumped all the required partitions from a new replacement phone sent to me by LG. This process uses the Qfil utility and assumes you already have a working knowledge of Qfil and that you have already installed it on your Windows PC. If you don’t have that knowledge start reading. The internet is full of Qfil guides.

You can’t damage or fix your existing imei relevant partitions from this restore because they aren’t included in this download.

You are responsible for backing up your existing phone partitions. I’m not liable for you using my work product and you do so at your own risk. If you’re unsure of what you’re doing then read more about Qfil and what is does. Again, if you are a newby go slow. Taking your time will save you a lot of aggravation.

This process will not fix your erased or damage imei number problem. There are process out there but they are usually reserved for people with an expert level of knowledge on the subject.

This guide is for anyone who’s presently unable to boot or who just can’t access AT&T ota services and wishes to upgrade their lmv600am to a newer a11 build. I have only tried this when my phone was already on an Android 11 rom. That’s not to say it won’t work coming from a Android 10 rom but I haven’t tried it.

This process will not fix your erased or damage imei number problem.

Steps

1. Download “Lmv600am v20q Restore Partitions.7z” file from ??? and unzip. Remember the unzipped restore directory path.
    2. Plug your phone into PC with USB cable and put you phone in EDL (9008) mode. Again, there are guides on how to do this everywhere.
    3. Start Qfil and select the port of your phone’ connection. (See Windows device manager)
    4. Select the v60 firehose (.elf) which is included in the unzipped directory.
    5. Select storage type = ulf which is located at the bottom right of the Qfil dialog screen. I’m using Qfil 2.0.3.5 version.
    6. Next click on the “load XML” button and group select “rawprogram0” thru “rawprogram6” which are also in the unzipped directory, then hit OK. Next it will ask for the Patch0.xml file, hit cancel as we’re not patching anything.
    7. Wait a few seconds and then click on the “Download” button. Qfil will now resolve all the names of the partitions to be restore and then start the download process to the phone.​

When complete phone reboots as I recall.
    Thank you sir! I already have backups of all my luns 5s.
    A12 30E for the AT&T V60 variant!

Hello Mr. Surgemanxx, information appeared in the news that LG V60 ATT received an update to android 13, if you have the opportunity to upload the LUNs with a new update? thank you very much in advance.
    IMG_20230506_235241_007.jpg
    No problem at all!Works well doesn't it?I'll post updated versions as they update ota.Keep watching!
    I stated anytime you used my 30C of the backup I posted to always factory reset in recovery.It will boot,and it works 100%.WiFi calling and all!The A12 30D backup I just posted you shouldn't have to factory reset at all.It should be a clean backup with no userdata left like the 30C had.Which,that was solved with a simple reset?
    I tried to restore to one device and its perfect.
    thank you for sharing backup and also in the future