• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Local bus company crashes with magisk

Search This thread

twingo_man

Jan 13, 2007
Toulouse
Hi all,

My local bus company uses an app to buy ticket and stocks it in the phone.
When you enter in the bus, it uses nfc to validate your ticket
But the app doesn't work with rooted Phone. It crashes each times.

I installed magisk hide
Magisk is hidden in the settings
And the app is listed in the app hidden
But it still crashes.

Do you have an idea to solve it ?

My phone is a Poco F2 Pro and here the app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.mobeepass.ticketeasy

Thx

Andrologic

Apr 29, 2016
Huawei Mate 20 X
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Trying using Riru with the latest Safetynet Fix and Exposed hiding tracking for Play Services and the app in question. Should do it. If the app has banned your device id, generate a new one using one of the tools out there (most likely it has no though, so should be good). If you install Riru - Install LSPosed - run latest Safetynet Fix - Add Play services and your apps, there is a big chance the app will pass.

twingo_man

Jan 13, 2007
Toulouse
Trying using Riru with the latest Safetynet Fix and Exposed hiding tracking for Play Services and the app in question. Should do it. If the app has banned your device id, generate a new one using one of the tools out there (most likely it has no though, so should be good). If you install Riru - Install LSPosed - run latest Safetynet Fix - Add Play services and your apps, there is a big chance the app will pass.
Is it this module ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-26-18-15-40-479_myfpe.y.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-09-26-18-15-40-479_myfpe.y.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 10

Andrologic

Apr 29, 2016
Huawei Mate 20 X
ASUS ROG Phone 3

No, there should be a stand-alone Riru module just called Riru. That's the first component. You'll need a couple more things to pass the latest Safetynet and fully hiding some of the toughest apps.

This is one of the best guides I have seen (credits to the author who put it together):

twingo_man

Jan 13, 2007
Toulouse
No, there should be a stand-alone Riru module just called Riru. That's the first component. You'll need a couple more things to pass the latest Safetynet and fully hiding some of the toughest apps.

This is one of the best guides I have seen (credits to the author who put it together):

Thx. I will read it.

Didgeridoohan

Senior Moderator / Dev Committee / Dev Relations
Staff member
May 31, 2012
Gothenburg
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
I had no issues opening the app once I had added it to the Hide list. Magisk app repackaged with a random name, of course. Not using any Riru or Xposed modules...

Seems like Magisk can hide from the app, but maybe there's something else with your setup that triggers it. Some hiding tips:
https://www.didgeridoohan.com/magisk/MagiskHide#hn_Hiding_root_from_apps

twingo_man

Jan 13, 2007
Toulouse
I had no issues opening the app once I had added it to the Hide list. Magisk app repackaged with a random name, of course. Not using any Riru or Xposed modules...

Seems like Magisk can hide from the app, but maybe there's something else with your setup that triggers it. Some hiding tips:
https://www.didgeridoohan.com/magisk/MagiskHide#hn_Hiding_root_from_apps
OK Thx.

It seems that the app is not compatible with my phone 😭
I thought that the issue came from magisk, but it's not. It's my phone...

Thx for your help

twingo_man

Jan 13, 2007
Toulouse
Hi all,

A very simple has been found.
Nothing more has been installed, just magisk hide.

The solution was to delete thé folder "TWRP" and all is OK now.

Thx for your help