Local network - disk drive mounted in shared folder not accessable

Search This thread

meeroh

Dec 28, 2020
Have win 10 PC with shared folder "D" in which I mounted external disk drive in empty subfolder "disk". That subfolder with mounted external disk drive is not visible in MX player v1.31.3 on android arm v8 NEON via Local network file browser. All other files and subfolders in "D" are visible except "D\disk".
Tryed to set shared path "D\disk" or any other combination of slashes backslashes (D:\disk, /D/disk, //D/disk) I get "Connection error" wrong IP. It seems that only top level shared folder can be referenced in shared path and not particular subfolder inside shared folder.

MXPlayer

Nov 3, 2015
mx.j2inter.com
We regret the inconvenience caused.

Based on the information provided, there seems to be a misunderstanding between the local file path and network share path. Could you please leave the shared path empty and check again? We hope this will allow you to see all the shared folders on your PC.

meeroh

Dec 28, 2020
Could you please leave the shared path empty and check again? We hope this will allow you to see all the shared folders on your PC.
I left shared path field empty and still cannot access disk drives mounted in empty ntfs subfolder. That subfolder, which is inside of shared root folder, cannot be seen/accessed when browsing local network. Other files and folders can be accessed normally.