Location-Based Smart Lock

flu13

Jun 18, 2010
Does anyone else use the smart lock based on location and get inconsistent behavior? I work from home, so I spend about 90% of my time here. I set up smart lock for the location. Sometimes, it works like a champ. Other times, not so much. I've currently been "at home" for the past 14 hours or so, but it keeps insisting on a fingerprint or pin. It's making me crazy.

If anyone has found a solution to this issue, I'd appreciate it.

Oh, also, a reboot doesn't help. I really wish they had added wifi network as an option.

mecampo

Jan 19, 2011
Cypress, TX
my wifi is always on and locations are set to high accuracy with history on and it still finds a way to mess up

every time its happening i clear google location history, clear maps cache and data then open map again to check then its right

happening almost always once week

i may try to factory reset but have to wait till weekend, so i have time in case something get out of whack

Reactions: flu13

illusiv317

May 5, 2017
This happened to me yesterday. I was home but it kept trying to ask for my pin. It turns out my pinned home location in the smart lock setting was turned off. You can manually edit the location and turn it on/off, which I found out yesterday.

Wireratt

Nov 11, 2012
Savannah GA
My experience with location based smart lock has been bad across three different andriod devices.

Using the Bluetooth smartlock with my gear s2 has been flawless though.

d_phekt

Oct 23, 2006
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Was happening to me to. Here's what I did yesterday and seems to have fixed it..
Go into the smart lock settings and delete/remove all saved locations, devices, etc. Now back all the way out and go back and add everything back. A reboot might help afterwards also.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ssgunner20

Aug 17, 2010
I turned that crap off. For that reason as well on the s7e. Imediately turned it off on the s8+. Same issues with the app IFTTT and recipes, sometimes it works and sometimes it wont.

PhilVB

Jun 27, 2018
Does anyone else use the smart lock based on location and get inconsistent behavior? I work from home, so I spend about 90% of my time here. I set up smart lock for the location. Sometimes, it works like a champ. Other times, not so much. I've currently been "at home" for the past 14 hours or so, but it keeps insisting on a fingerprint or pin. It's making me crazy.

If anyone has found a solution to this issue, I'd appreciate it.

Oh, also, a reboot doesn't help. I really wish they had added wifi network as an option.
I solved it on my phone. I switched off every other SMART lock feature and just left Trusted Places on. Been working for over a day now after having not worked at all for 3 or 4 months.

Obviously one of the other Smart Lock features - voice, trusted devices or on-body detection is interfering with trusted places, but not sure which one at this stage.