Location of Boot.img

Search This thread

amirfida

Jul 15, 2011
Hello guys i have been searching forums and google for a while now but i haven't found my answer i want boot.img to create custom recovery for coby kyros 7030 (china made tablet) i have searched in tablet using es file explorer for boot.img but haven't found it ....

Please guys help me find the location of boot.img

Thanks

HypoTurtle

May 5, 2011
boot.img as seen from a running ROM is one of the mtd blocks typically /dev/mtd/mtd2 . Search for if= and of=, for how to get it from the device.
Or (depending on if the binary is installed), run dump_image boot /sdcard/boot.img. Both of these should require root, without root = no boot.img.

And fyi not sure how you can go from boot.img to recovery.img... only reason I can see is that you want the kernel/zImage.

amirfida

Jul 15, 2011
boot.img as seen from a running ROM is one of the mtd blocks typically /dev/mtd/mtd2 . Search for if= and of=, for how to get it from the device.
Or (depending on if the binary is installed), run dump_image boot /sdcard/boot.img. Both of these should require root, without root = no boot.img.

And fyi not sure how you can go from boot.img to recovery.img... only reason I can see is that you want the kernel/zImage.

actually the reason i want boot.img file is that i want to create custom recovery for it (CWM) i have seen that CWM builder website it requires boot.img file to create custom recovery and i have rooted the tablet and installed Terminal Emulator .. Now ill try that command from terminal and tell you what happens and mtd blocks are not there in /dev ... :(

amirfida

Jul 15, 2011
i am getting fed up now :(
i tried this method "http://t-rec.com/Android/CobyKyrosMid7024/DumpRom/"

but when i type the last command it says error no such file or directory please help me someone :(

amirfida

Jul 15, 2011
okay guys atlast i did it i used a utility and system dump worked i now have all the files which i need now ill try to build the recovery and thanks to "shinobisoft" and "HypoTurtle" for all the help :D XDA is really a damn nice place :D Thanks once again ;)

aeioo

Nov 29, 2010
okay guys atlast i did it i used a utility and system dump worked i now have all the files which i need now ill try to build the recovery and thanks to "shinobisoft" and "HypoTurtle" for all the help :D XDA is really a damn nice place :D Thanks once again ;)
May I know what utility you have used? I am facing the same problem.

danjac

Feb 4, 2012

well i know it's been a quite long time...
but according to your thread from then you managed to dump boot.img without root using some kind of tool.
could you please tell me how you did it? i'm in a similar situation.
thanks

Reactions: R800x_user

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

well i know it's been a quite long time...
    but according to your thread from then you managed to dump boot.img without root using some kind of tool.
    could you please tell me how you did it? i'm in a similar situation.
    thanks