[lock and remove thread requested]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killasmoke

Jun 27, 2011
Worcester
The man has spoken "#BuglessBeast #Nexus S 4G users, no need to flash the leaked 4.0.4, I will have a new build up shortly with what you need from it."
I know just seen it on his twitter I sent him the link to this thread last night & today he told me thanks for the heads up & now he's building I'm waiting for one of his custom over clocked kernels he told me it will come when he has time he's a busy man

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

bdubs4200

Oct 18, 2010
Is there just the new radio flashable zip?? ;-)

NVM.. its a couple pages back. Thanks

livelyppop

Feb 27, 2011
Lacey, Wa.
I have tried the Odin and keep getting a failed error after the bootloader tries to install. It says "Fail"... Any suggestions. Does this flashable zip have the complete OS. The radio and everything.

rasengan82

Nov 19, 2011
I think the best way to flash this is to use fastboot.

fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot flash radio signed_radio.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot erase cache

livelyppop

Feb 27, 2011
Lacey, Wa.
Where can I find a step by step of this and where to get the needed files... I have done this a few times with my old Moment but don't do it enough to remember exactly how I did it last time. It's probably been a year.

Killasmoke

Jun 27, 2011
Worcester
I have tried the Odin and keep getting a failed error after the bootloader tries to install. It says "Fail"... Any suggestions. Does this flashable zip have the complete OS. The radio and everything.
Does the com box turn yellow in Odin when the phone is connected? & if yes then try a different USB cable or slot & if the com box doesn't turn yellow when the phones connected then it means you have to install drivers

seezar

Jun 5, 2010
NY
What is the easiest way to restore root when you installed 4.04 using odin?

Kinda odd I am able to boot into CWM but I am not rooted.
Just remember that a custom recovery installed and being rooted are two different things. Nothing odd about it really.

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Looks like Pete's new build just hit...

http://download.peteralfonso.com/

mercado79

Oct 4, 2008
Boston, MA
Any mirrors for flashable zip? Not at computer nd that website is crawling
just finished downloading the file and uploading to mediafire right now. you're right. the other site was painfully slow, though it did speed up in the end. the file should be ready to download from the mirror in a few minutes.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

---OS---
Here's a mirror of Swap Goblin's Nexus S 4g Android 4.0.4 Zip. I believe this is the OS only.

http://www.mediafire.com/?eamkko9syqcjxdc

---RADIO---
For the updated radio, see fergie's post on page 13.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=22014727&postcount=124

Or try this alternate download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x8hngmobph7zkr3/D720SPRKL2.zip

Last edited:
Reactions: alnzbail

livelyppop

Feb 27, 2011
Lacey, Wa.
Does the com box turn yellow in Odin when the phone is connected? & if yes then try a different USB cable or slot & if the com box doesn't turn yellow when the phones connected then it means you have to install drivers

It is yellow. I changed slot and cable. This time it came up com4 instead of com6 but it still came up fail. I had downloaded the flashable zip and would try it but sort of need directions. Also, all the talk about the radio. Is the radio in the zip or is that something extra that would need to be done.

livelyppop

Feb 27, 2011
Lacey, Wa.
Ok... I am really getting confused. There are 2 different flashable zips now. Swap Goblin's and Pete's plus the Odin files. Which of the flashable are complete and ready to use if either. Are they both complete or do they have to have things added such as the radio or anything else. I know I'm fairly a newbie at this but I have done it quite a bit on my old moment but it has been a while. If flashed they go in the root correct. Some directions on this please... thanks

romma1

Jun 1, 2011
Trying to install using odin on friends phone. Phone is not rooted... How do I get past the unlock to download? Or does phone have to be unlocked?

Status
Not open for further replies.