Lock Folders, GPS Software and Antivirus?

Search This thread

Anakha56

Aug 10, 2008
Durban
Hello All,

I recently upgraded myself to the Diamond and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get software that A: Allows me to lock folders so that a password would open it? B: Anti-virus is it needed and if yes what freeware options are around? C: GPS software, when I visit Google Maps mobile I get told my phone does not support it yet I have seen many review sites saying that they have got it working so how do I do this? The error message is "Sorry, Google Maps does not work on your HTC P3600." errr thats not a Diamond is it? url I was visiting to get that message "www.google.com/gmm". Also this is my first time with a Windows Mobile Phone so I am new to this.

Also after browsing 6 pages deep of the diamond thread how about a sticky of essential app's for the Diamond? Or did I miss something?

So can anyone help? :)

*edit* My ROM version is 1.37.421.3 WWE date: 06/18/08 is this the latest ROM? Or is there an update? BTW I am from South Africa.

Last edited:

keyz86

Feb 12, 2008
Southend
www.facebook.com
a. theres loads of pocket pc software that can password protect folders just google it!

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sour...88&q=pocket+pc+password+protect+folders&meta=

b. lots of pocet pc antivirus software has cropped up recently, personally i dont see the point, ive had nearly every pocket pc phone since the XDA1 and i have never even heard of a virus for that platform!

c. yes google maps should use your in built gps, and the diamond is a P3700 not a 3600 so something is definately wrong there, i would suggest a hard reset 1st, then if that does not cure it, then flash a different rom to ur device, are you trying to go to the google maps website on your phone??? because thats your problem! the diamond has a google maps program pre installed on the device! go to ur programs list!!!

Last edited:

Anakha56

Aug 10, 2008
Durban
A: I did try googling but all I found was software that wanted you to pay also iw as not sure if what I have is a pocket pc or a smart phone so my bad :(. I will go through the listing for a freeware one thank you.

B: Thank You! I am new to this whole arena so I had no idea if it was a good thing or not.

C: I dont see Google Maps anywhere in my program listing also switching the phone on and off doesnt help in any way still get the same error message. The only thing remotly saying anything about GPS is something called quickGPS whatever that is.

Thank You for your reply :).

keyz86

Feb 12, 2008
Southend
www.facebook.com
by HARD RESET i dont mean turn the phone off and on again, i mean restore the phone back to the way it came from the factory, which will reinstall all the bundled software, including google maps.

you do this with the phone on and Press and hold volume down and the action key and press the soft reset button with the stylus (while still holding volume down and action),
release soft reset button but keep the others pressed until the message appears on the screen.

Once the message appears you either press volume up to hard reset and leave internal storage intact or volume down to hard reset and clear internal storage.

Anakha56

Aug 10, 2008
Durban
I didnt have to do a hard reset to install Google Maps, just did a google search found the correct cab file and away we go. :)

Now to find a freeware folder locker, can Windows mobile run a .exe or does it have to be a cab file?