Lock Screen unlocking problem guys, screen is unresponsive for 3 seconds.

Search This thread

razorego

Jan 22, 2020
after each lock when i turn the screen on with double tap or power button screen is unresponsive for good 3 seconds. This started happening after the latest camera fix update. When if i use aod and use the fingerprint through the aod this doesnt happen. tried reboot and factory reset with fresh install (no backups) tried safe mode. Same thing happens.
S20 plus exynos.

Reactions: Disruptor85

sjandroiddeveloper

Jan 16, 2015
Yeah has been driving me nuts. Same problem.

Seriously when it happens(which it does like 90% of the time i wake the screen) i feel like i'm using a cheap 100$ phone and not a 1000$+ flagship.

I'm surprised this isn't gaining more traction? Can't be the only few experiencing this!?

This. I'm afraid if it goes unnoticed by samsung we may have to face this issue for longer.

BTW any user here with Snapdragon that has this issue. Or is this exynos only ?

Chris_c81

Dec 31, 2012
Northampton
Seriously when it happens(which it does like 90% of the time i wake the screen) i feel like i'm using a cheap 100$ phone and not a 1000$+ flagship.

This. I'm afraid if it goes unnoticed by samsung we may have to face this issue for longer.

BTW any user here with Snapdragon that has this issue. Or is this exynos only ?

Is there any channel to communicate this bug to Samsung? Anyone know?

eaglerazor123

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 8, 2009
TS07
There is an app called samsung member where you can send error reports. I have already done it, its currently under review. I suggest everyone affected to do it.

Seems like a pertaining issue for Note 10 Users too. They found a trick and seems it works better now. Can you try this and let me know if it works better?

turn off the battery optimized for apps: com.samsung.android.biometric.

Go to Settings>Apps>Select "Special Access" from three dot menu>Optimise Battery Usage>select All from drop down menu>Search for "com.samsung.android.biometric"> Turn it off and Restart.
Report back if it works? I didn't check it yet because, I'm on root and didn't update it yet. (G985F/Exynos)

Original Thread

Credits to @wj_johnson

Virgo_Guy

Seems like a pertaining issue for Note 10 Users too. They found a trick and seems it works better now. Can you try this and let me know if it works better?
Report back if it works? I didn't check it yet because, I'm on root and didn't update it yet. (G985F/Exynos)
Original Thread
Credits to @wj_johnson
Did accordingly as above.

For a moment it felt like the issue is resolved!
But after checking several times I can confirm the issue still exists.

verynuclear

Aug 24, 2010
UAE

Original Thread

Credits to @wj_johnson
Unlock is now super faster. Issue is completely gone. Thanks [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Virgo_Guy

Have you restarted the phone? It didn't work until I restart mine.
Ofcourse I did. In fact restarted one more time since it didn't resolve after the first restart, post disabling the optimization.

Attachments

• Unoptimized.jpg
    Unoptimized.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 113

sjandroiddeveloper

Jan 16, 2015

Original Thread

Credits to @wj_johnson

I did this already and while it feels like fingerprint is faster, unfortunately this is a screen issue. You see if the screen is off and i put the finger in the correct spot it always scans my finger without any lag. The issue is occurs when -
a) I have unlocked the phone using above way, then the screen becomes unresponsive right after unlocking.
b) The screen is off and i either press the power button or double tap to wake, then the screen will be unresponsive and its during this time the fingerprint scanner doesn't scan (because the scanner doesn't know it needs to scan since the touch is unresponsive)

so TL;DR its not a FP scanner issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good news:
    The issue regarding the unresponsiveness of the FP scanner from the lockscreen is now FIXED with the latest "ATCT" build.
    After flashing FW build "G985FXXU1ATCT" I checked to reproduce the issue but couldn't... at all.
    There is an app called samsung member where you can send error reports. I have already done it, its currently under review. I suggest everyone affected to do it.

turn off the battery optimized for apps: com.samsung.android.biometric.

Go to Settings>Apps>Select "Special Access" from three dot menu>Optimise Battery Usage>select All from drop down menu>Search for "com.samsung.android.biometric"> Turn it off and Restart.

Original Thread

Credits to @wj_johnson
    after each lock when i turn the screen on with double tap or power button screen is unresponsive for good 3 seconds. This started happening after the latest camera fix update. When if i use aod and use the fingerprint through the aod this doesnt happen. tried reboot and factory reset with fresh install (no backups) tried safe mode. Same thing happens.
    S20 plus exynos.
    Yup happening to me too (s20+ exynos). For me the time of unresponsiveness is around 1-2 seconds. Happened after the latest update.
    Yes, have been facing the same issue since "ATCH" update.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone