• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Guide Lock+Unlock Bootloader - Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021 [TB-J716F]

Search This thread

Tropaion

Jan 4, 2021
How To Lock and Unlock Bootloader - Xioaxin Pad Pro 2021 - TB-J716F

Since I found out that the Tablet supports Project Treble I'm trying to get a GSI-ROM running on it.
Currently with many trial and error I got LiR-ROM to boot.
The first step is to unlock the Bootloader so I thought I will share the process here.
Your data will be deleted while unlocking, try it at your own risk.

Unlock Bootloader manually
Requirement: PC with ADB Fastboot
1. Go to Settings -> System -> About Phone, tab on it until developer settings are enabled.
2. Go to Developer Settings and enable "USB Debugging" and "OEM Unlocking".
3. Open Console and enter "adb devices". Allow USB-Debugging if tablets asks.
4. Enter command "adb reboot bootloader".
5. Write down the serial number shown on the bootloader screen
You can either get the unlock image via this link "http://cdn.zui.lenovomm.com/developer/tabletboot/[your sn number]/sn.img" or via the webseite
5. Go to the ZUI Unlock Website and request the unlock image

ZUIUnlock.png

6. You should get a mail where you can download a file called "sn.img".
7. Flash the image with fastboot "fastboot flash unlock sn.img"
8. Enter command "fastboot oem unlock-go", bootloader will unlock now.
9. Restart with "fastboot reboot".
Done, your bootloader should be unlocked now.

Lock and Unlock Bootloader with Batchscript
I recently found a batch script for lenovo devices in an chinese forum and translated it.
It's easy and convenient to use. For unlocking you still need the sn.img from the ZUI Unlock Website.
Download BatchScript

Last edited:

zxcv88

Oct 4, 2021
Thanks a lot for your contribution! Mine was unlocked when I received it but it's good to see some guides here.

Reactions: Tropaion

sakun-ice

Nov 10, 2012
What is the opposite process, to close the bootloader? Does Widevine L1 recover after closing the bootloader? In the case of doing so, can the bootloader be opened again?

Tropaion

Jan 4, 2021
@sakun-ice Sorry, I can't tell you that, sind I haven't tried it now. But I think it should be possible.
Currently I'm trying to get a Custom ROM running, if it doesn't work, I will try to install Stock ROM and lock bootloader again. If it happens, I will post it here.

sakun-ice

Nov 10, 2012
@sakun-ice Sorry, I can't tell you that, sind I haven't tried it now. But I think it should be possible.
Currently I'm trying to get a Custom ROM running, if it doesn't work, I will try to install Stock ROM and lock bootloader again. If it happens, I will post it here.
Thank you very much, I hope you can install a custom rom and this tablet will not be forgotten, since it is one of the most powerful compact tablets.

bouyhy01

May 4, 2016
bourges
ASUS ROG Phone 5
Helloi received one unlocked with a globaoe fw without ota's and i flashed the cn one and took the boot.ipg and patched it with pagisk for root and when flashing it via fastboot the device reboots to fastboot everytipe 1nd had to reflash the fw via edl , i did flashed vbmeta img with the known command o disable verification but no success same thing again. Can anyone plz tell me how to root that crap , it was intended to root use only and took over xiaomi pad pro just because the xiaomi needs 7 days of waiting before unlocking , plz help guys .thx so much i can buy a couple beers for the helper

zeroflame15

Oct 28, 2021
I'm able to flash back to China stock rom but i can't lock the bootloader.
i have placed the sn.img in both the batchscript folder and platform tools

Tried the batch script :
"
Please select your device status:
1. Fully booted
2. Fastboot mode

Start locking bootloader, don't disconnect device from PC!
FAILED (remote: Command not supported in default implementation)
Finished. Total time: 0.016s
FAILED (remote: Unrecognized command flashing lock)
Finished. Total time: -0.000s
If prompt says "OKAY", locking was successfull.
Use the volume keys to select "LOCK BOOTLOADER", press power key to confirm.
Done!
Press any key to continue . . .
"

Powershell :
"
PS C:\Users\weeteck\Downloads\platform-tools_r31.0.3-windows\platform-tools> ./fastboot flash lock sn.img
Sending 'lock' (5 KB) OKAY [ 0.000s]
Writing 'lock' FAILED (remote: 'No such file or directory')
fastboot: error: Command failed
"

Tropaion

Jan 4, 2021
@zeroflame15 Did install the driver correctly? For locking you don't need the sn.img, only for unlocking. And did you use the LockBootloader Script?

zeroflame15

Oct 28, 2021
hmm..i'm not sure if i install the driver correctly. what should be shown in device manager? i did follow PHRS guide and installed the ADB driver but there is this !Android under Other Devices.
Any other driver that i need to install?

And should i be in bootloader mode or fastboot mode to run the command? I run the command at fastboot moder i will get the error above. If i run at bootloader mode will stuckedd at <waiting for device>

DM.jpg

zxcv88

Oct 4, 2021
i have installed all the ADB driver mentioned in this section. Is there a lenovo driver? or any settings within the tablet need to be set to?

thanks for the help
Check out this post:

Post in thread '[Solved] Re-locking bootloader - no fastboot commands working' https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...stboot-commands-working.4330019/post-85755663

It can be a bit tricky to get the commands working because it's not always clear if you need to be in fastboot or bootloader.
This worked for me:
Reboot to bootloader by entering "adb reboot bootloader"
After that try "fastboot flashing lock"

Reactions: zeroflame15

zeroflame15

Oct 28, 2021
Thanks @zxcv88

After installing the lenovo USB driver, the !Android in Other devices was updated.

Boot into bootloader mode and "fastboot flashing lock" runs without any issue

Appreciate all for the advise and help! Appreciate ~

Reactions: zxcv88 and Tropaion

fazioso

Jul 2, 2011
Thanks @zxcv88

After installing the lenovo USB driver, the !Android in Other devices was updated.

sorry zeroflame15..... 2 question.... from (fake) global to china stock :
1 flash china
2 lock bootloader
right?
and most important.....lock bootloader is a "must" or is a choice?
if i dont lock bootloader i haven not ota and L1 ? im interested only in OTA updates....not l1 widevine...
thanks

zeroflame15

Oct 28, 2021
sorry zeroflame15..... 2 question.... from (fake) global to china stock :
1 flash china
2 lock bootloader
right?
and most important.....lock bootloader is a "must" or is a choice?
if i dont lock bootloader i haven not ota and L1 ? im interested only in OTA updates....not l1 widevine...
thanks
Sort of yes.
Initially after flash to stock china rom, i was able to OTA. But subsequent check for updates will get error saying devices is rooted.
After locked bootloader, tried OTA again and indeed there is another new updates.

Saw some chinese video for those who wanted the rooted status and also to perform OTA updates, they are using magdisk to hide the root.

Reactions: fazioso

fazioso

Jul 2, 2011
Sort of yes.
Initially after flash to stock china rom, i was able to OTA. But subsequent check for updates will get error saying devices is rooted.
After locked bootloader, tried OTA again and indeed there is another new updates.
thanks!
its seems most difficult to lock/unlock bootloader that flash rom.....
but you need ZUI Unlock Website also for lock? cause seems need only for unlock...right?

zeroflame15

Oct 28, 2021
No need for lock. Like what others have mentioned. Just a single line command and it works as long you got the right drivers installed.

Reactions: fazioso

fazioso

Jul 2, 2011

View attachment 5432885

my friend ....i have a unlocked bootloader ,cause for now i have the fake global....want to change in china stock....
but i ask anyway to the zui unlock website the sn.img in case i need in future.....
just a question.... after many hours or days i will receive the sn.img file? pass 10 minutes and nothing yet

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello to everyone, can someone post the exact steps on how to lock the bootloader?
    Thanks
    You need to be on official Chinese ROM first. @Tropaion made a tutorial on how to flash it.
    For locking the bootloader you need to enable USB debugging in developer settings.
    Then plug in the tablet to your PC, open adb shell and type "adb reboot bootloader"
    After it's rebooted to the bootloader type "fastboot flashing lock"
    Then you're done and can reboot.

Few things to keep in mind: never unplug the tablet when flashing ROMs. Also the locking bootloader command doesn't always work and you might have to try a few times or switch between fastboot and bootloader.

Hope this helps, there are also a few topics on locking/unlocking if you're stuck.
    So I ended up just following the instructions here to flash the chinese rom. Looks like the bootloader did lock from the script here. I had the fastboot issue describe later on, but I didnt have to rerun the bootloader locking steps.

It restored Widevine L1 which was the goal so happy with that.

Since I found out that the Tablet supports Project Treble I'm trying to get a GSI-ROM running on it.
    Currently with many trial and error I got LiR-ROM to boot.
    The first step is to unlock the Bootloader so I thought I will share the process here.
    Your data will be deleted while unlocking, try it at your own risk.

Unlock Bootloader manually
    Requirement: PC with ADB Fastboot
    1. Go to Settings -> System -> About Phone, tab on it until developer settings are enabled.
    2. Go to Developer Settings and enable "USB Debugging" and "OEM Unlocking".
    3. Open Console and enter "adb devices". Allow USB-Debugging if tablets asks.
    4. Enter command "adb reboot bootloader".
    5. Write down the serial number shown on the bootloader screen
    You can either get the unlock image via this link "http://cdn.zui.lenovomm.com/developer/tabletboot/[your sn number]/sn.img" or via the webseite

ZUIUnlock.png

7. Flash the image with fastboot "fastboot flash unlock sn.img"
    8. Enter command "fastboot oem unlock-go", bootloader will unlock now.
    9. Restart with "fastboot reboot".
    Done, your bootloader should be unlocked now.

Lock and Unlock Bootloader with Batchscript
    I recently found a batch script for lenovo devices in an chinese forum and translated it.
    It's easy and convenient to use. For unlocking you still need the sn.img from the ZUI Unlock Website.
    Download BatchScript
    @sakun-ice I got LineageOS to run on it today, but it still has 2-3 bugs.
    Hello to everyone, can someone post the exact steps on how to lock the bootloader?
    Thanks
    You need to be on official Chinese ROM first. @Tropaion made a tutorial on how to flash it.
    For locking the bootloader you need to enable USB debugging in developer settings.
    Then plug in the tablet to your PC, open adb shell and type "adb reboot bootloader"
    After it's rebooted to the bootloader type "fastboot flashing lock"
    Then you're done and can reboot.

Few things to keep in mind: never unplug the tablet when flashing ROMs. Also the locking bootloader command doesn't always work and you might have to try a few times or switch between fastboot and bootloader.

Hope this helps, there are also a few topics on locking/unlocking if you're stuck.
    Thanks @zxcv88

Thanks a lot for your contribution! Mine was unlocked when I received it but it's good to see some guides here.