How To Guide Lock+Unlock Bootloader - Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021 [TB-J716F]

Search This thread

Michael PBC

Jul 26, 2022
Myanmar
How To Lock and Unlock Bootloader - Xioaxin Pad Pro 2021 - TB-J716F

Since I found out that the Tablet supports Project Treble I'm trying to get a GSI-ROM running on it.
Currently with many trial and error I got LiR-ROM to boot.
The first step is to unlock the Bootloader so I thought I will share the process here.
Your data will be deleted while unlocking, try it at your own risk.

Unlock Bootloader manually
Requirement: PC with ADB Fastboot
1. Go to Settings -> System -> About Phone, tab on it until developer settings are enabled.
2. Go to Developer Settings and enable "USB Debugging" and "OEM Unlocking".
3. Open Console and enter "adb devices". Allow USB-Debugging if tablets asks.
4. Enter command "adb reboot bootloader".
5. Write down the serial number shown on the bootloader screen
You can either get the unlock image via this link "http://cdn.zui.lenovomm.com/developer/tabletboot/[your sn number]/sn.img" or via the webseite
5. Go to the ZUI Unlock Website and request the unlock image

View attachment 5432885

6. You should get a mail where you can download a file called "sn.img".
7. Flash the image with fastboot "fastboot flash unlock sn.img"
8. Enter command "fastboot oem unlock-go", bootloader will unlock now.
9. Restart with "fastboot reboot".
Done, your bootloader should be unlocked now.

Lock and Unlock Bootloader with Batchscript
I recently found a batch script for lenovo devices in an chinese forum and translated it.
It's easy and convenient to use. For unlocking you still need the sn.img from the ZUI Unlock Website.
Download BatchScript
Can someone please... give me a link for unlock sn.img?
I can't get it from ZUI website.

Please. My device is now corrupted and can't be booted. Thanks.

Attachments

• S20726-15231012.jpg
    S20726-15231012.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 62

Manoel Dinizio

Jul 29, 2022
Hello, this file is independent of serial number? Also unable to recover on the website and my device is on the fastboot screen.

Thanks.

SoundDealer

Aug 2, 2022
the ["http://cdn.zui.lenovomm.com/developer/tabletboot/[your sn number]/sn.img"], did not work for ,e.
I have error 404 using this service with my serial number. Also I used few VPNs to try(include Chinese IPs).
But I asked man from community and he tried download sn.img with his serial. And he did it without any problems. After that I tried download sn.img with his s number too! Then I have it. But then I flashing sn.img(from community man device) I have an error - FAILED (remote: 'Serial number not matched').

Of course I'm understood that it may didn't work, but I tried))

What I need to do that unlock my device? I want root it))

dinhvtai

Nov 11, 2010
Hi all,
I'm getting 404 Not Found page after trying to get the SN image file via the direct link. The Serial number was inputted & replaced perfectly correct. Could anyone please help me? Mine is: HA1EKB1W

juliorcp

Aug 25, 2022
Guys,

I bought the tablet with a global ROM and I tried to restore to the original ROM. I could restore but then I tried to lock the bootloader (to receive OTA updates) and I'm stuck at the fastboot mode. I can't boot the tablet into normal mode.

I tried to reflash the original ROM but when the tablet is rebooted after the reflashing it came back to the fastboot mode and it is in a loop.

I'm desperate because it seems a bricked tablet.

Can you help me?

Thank you!

appolyon

Oct 9, 2008
Guys,

I bought the tablet with a global ROM and I tried to restore to the original ROM. I could restore but then I tried to lock the bootloader (to receive OTA updates) and I'm stuck at the fastboot mode. I can't boot the tablet into normal mode.

I tried to reflash the original ROM but when the tablet is rebooted after the reflashing it came back to the fastboot mode and it is in a loop.

I'm desperate because it seems a bricked tablet.

Can you help me?

Thank you!

In the exact same position as you at the moment.

The link to download the sn.img file with my serial number is giving me 404 errors so I have sent through an email to Lenovo hoping they'll send through the file in a timely manner. It has been 3 days now without response.

I'm wondering if there is a way to unpack a standard sn.img, edit in the serial number and then repack it for flashing?

UltimN8

Feb 11, 2017
Lenovo P11
In the exact same position as you at the moment.

The link to download the sn.img file with my serial number is giving me 404 errors so I have sent through an email to Lenovo hoping they'll send through the file in a timely manner. It has been 3 days now without response.

I'm wondering if there is a way to unpack a standard sn.img, edit in the serial number and then repack it for flashing?
I was wondering that too.
You can definitely find the string corresponding to the SN in the file but changing it won't get it working.
So we're screwed if Lenovo doesn't email back the SN file?

Reactions: juliorcp

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    update : I've found a way! thanks to a korean lad that led me to a russian forum
    HERE
    update : I've found a way! thanks to a korean lad that led me to a russian forum
    HERE
    Ahahaha! :LOL: Taken from my forum: {Mod edit: Link removed}
    We came up with it eight months ago
    HAHAHA name because it no need convert ASCII to HEX, just copy НА in hex and replace rest of s/n
    Ahahaha! :LOL: Taken from my forum:..
    We came up with it eight months ago
    HAHAHA name because it no need convert ASCII to HEX, just copy НА in hex and replace rest of s/n
    Impressive indeed! I wish I've found this sooner
    I'm just glad the method is out there so that others can have their device working again :cool:
    HERE
    Amazing, my friend! I've already recovered my tablet! Way to go!
    HERE

That's awesome news! As of today I still haven't heard from Lenovo. Starting to think that there tablets aren't as great as their Thinkpads.

Have you been able to subsequently upgrade and lock the bootloader again?
    How To Lock and Unlock Bootloader - Xioaxin Pad Pro 2021 - TB-J716F

Since I found out that the Tablet supports Project Treble I'm trying to get a GSI-ROM running on it.
    Currently with many trial and error I got LiR-ROM to boot.
    The first step is to unlock the Bootloader so I thought I will share the process here.
    Your data will be deleted while unlocking, try it at your own risk.

Unlock Bootloader manually
    Requirement: PC with ADB Fastboot
    1. Go to Settings -> System -> About Phone, tab on it until developer settings are enabled.
    2. Go to Developer Settings and enable "USB Debugging" and "OEM Unlocking".
    3. Open Console and enter "adb devices". Allow USB-Debugging if tablets asks.
    4. Enter command "adb reboot bootloader".
    5. Write down the serial number shown on the bootloader screen
    You can either get the unlock image via this link "http://cdn.zui.lenovomm.com/developer/tabletboot/[your sn number]/sn.img" or via the webseite
    5. Go to the ZUI Unlock Website and request the unlock image

ZUIUnlock.png

6. You should get a mail where you can download a file called "sn.img".
    7. Flash the image with fastboot "fastboot flash unlock sn.img"
    8. Enter command "fastboot oem unlock-go", bootloader will unlock now.
    9. Restart with "fastboot reboot".
    Done, your bootloader should be unlocked now.

Lock and Unlock Bootloader with Batchscript
    I recently found a batch script for lenovo devices in an chinese forum and translated it.
    It's easy and convenient to use. For unlocking you still need the sn.img from the ZUI Unlock Website.
    Download BatchScript
    HERE
    @sakun-ice I got LineageOS to run on it today, but it still has 2-3 bugs.
    Thanks @zxcv88

After installing the lenovo USB driver, the !Android in Other devices was updated.

Boot into bootloader mode and "fastboot flashing lock" runs without any issue

Appreciate all for the advise and help! Appreciate ~
    Hello to everyone, can someone post the exact steps on how to lock the bootloader?
    Thanks
    You need to be on official Chinese ROM first. @Tropaion made a tutorial on how to flash it.
    For locking the bootloader you need to enable USB debugging in developer settings.
    Then plug in the tablet to your PC, open adb shell and type "adb reboot bootloader"
    After it's rebooted to the bootloader type "fastboot flashing lock"
    Then you're done and can reboot.

Few things to keep in mind: never unplug the tablet when flashing ROMs. Also the locking bootloader command doesn't always work and you might have to try a few times or switch between fastboot and bootloader.

Hope this helps, there are also a few topics on locking/unlocking if you're stuck.