How To Guide Lock+Unlock Bootloader - Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021 [TB-J716F]

Search This thread

luannyboyzz

Nov 16, 2021
So I ended up just following the instructions here to flash the chinese rom. Looks like the bootloader did lock from the script here. I had the fastboot issue describe later on, but I didnt have to rerun the bootloader locking steps.

It restored Widevine L1 which was the goal so happy with that.
I'm got the same issue, will try this and see if it works for me too

lee331

Dec 7, 2021
help i cant unlocked mine i keep getting Please enter the correct serial number even its right
about:blank

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 71

lee331

Dec 7, 2021
help i cant unlocked mine i keep getting Please enter the correct serial number even its right
about:blank

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 31
yes, i typed the unlock command but no success, i already have the sn.img file i used the command fastboot flash unlock sn.img but the error message is as above
sending 'unlock' (5 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.003s]
writing 'unlock'...
FAILED (remote: Flashing is not allowed in Lock State)
finished. total time: 0.009s
Did you do 'fastboot flash unlock sn.img' first and then 'fastboot oem unlock-go'?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How To Lock and Unlock Bootloader - Xioaxin Pad Pro 2021 - TB-J716F

Since I found out that the Tablet supports Project Treble I'm trying to get a GSI-ROM running on it.
    Currently with many trial and error I got LiR-ROM to boot.
    The first step is to unlock the Bootloader so I thought I will share the process here.
    Your data will be deleted while unlocking, try it at your own risk.

Unlock Bootloader manually
    Requirement: PC with ADB Fastboot
    1. Go to Settings -> System -> About Phone, tab on it until developer settings are enabled.
    2. Go to Developer Settings and enable "USB Debugging" and "OEM Unlocking".
    3. Open Console and enter "adb devices". Allow USB-Debugging if tablets asks.
    4. Enter command "adb reboot bootloader".
    5. Write down the serial number shown on the bootloader screen
    You can either get the unlock image via this link "http://cdn.zui.lenovomm.com/developer/tabletboot/[your sn number]/sn.img" or via the webseite
    5. Go to the ZUI Unlock Website and request the unlock image

ZUIUnlock.png

6. You should get a mail where you can download a file called "sn.img".
    7. Flash the image with fastboot "fastboot flash unlock sn.img"
    8. Enter command "fastboot oem unlock-go", bootloader will unlock now.
    9. Restart with "fastboot reboot".
    Done, your bootloader should be unlocked now.

Lock and Unlock Bootloader with Batchscript
    I recently found a batch script for lenovo devices in an chinese forum and translated it.
    It's easy and convenient to use. For unlocking you still need the sn.img from the ZUI Unlock Website.
    Download BatchScript
    update : I've found a way! thanks to a korean lad that led me to a russian forum
    HERE
    Hello to everyone, can someone post the exact steps on how to lock the bootloader?
    Thanks
    You need to be on official Chinese ROM first. @Tropaion made a tutorial on how to flash it.
    For locking the bootloader you need to enable USB debugging in developer settings.
    Then plug in the tablet to your PC, open adb shell and type "adb reboot bootloader"
    After it's rebooted to the bootloader type "fastboot flashing lock"
    Then you're done and can reboot.

Few things to keep in mind: never unplug the tablet when flashing ROMs. Also the locking bootloader command doesn't always work and you might have to try a few times or switch between fastboot and bootloader.

Hope this helps, there are also a few topics on locking/unlocking if you're stuck.
    @sakun-ice I got LineageOS to run on it today, but it still has 2-3 bugs.
    Thanks @zxcv88

After installing the lenovo USB driver, the !Android in Other devices was updated.

Boot into bootloader mode and "fastboot flashing lock" runs without any issue

Appreciate all for the advise and help! Appreciate ~