How To Guide Lock+Unlock Bootloader - Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021 [TB-J716F]

Search This thread

UltimN8

Feb 11, 2017
Lenovo P11
That's awesome news! As of today I still haven't heard from Lenovo. Starting to think that there tablets aren't as great as their Thinkpads.

Have you been able to subsequently upgrade and lock the bootloader again?
As of now I upgraded to ZUI 13.1.560 and haven't yet lock the bootloader again. I'm afraid I might be missing one more update.
I'm making sure I don't mess this up this time!

Reactions: appolyon

appolyon

Oct 9, 2008
As of now I upgraded to ZUI 13.1.560 and haven't yet lock the bootloader again. I'm afraid I might be missing one more update.
I'm making sure I don't mess this up this time!

So its been almost a month now with no reply from Lenovo. Very poor form, and when my e14 Thinkpad kicks the bucket I'll be looking for a different brand. The lacking support is very disappointing.

The good news is I finally found some time to follow the process above and have a working tablet again. Also on ZUI 13.1.560 - and wondering whether to take the plunge or not. Have you tried locking the bootloader again?

Also if anyone has a list of package names to remove using adb could you please post them? I have this weird thing happen when I install a new app I can't click any buttons on the screen and have to hit back before I can. I suspect its the dodgy looking "security" app that's installed.

Reactions: inasense

Asakura088

Sep 11, 2022
Hiện tại, tôi đã nâng cấp lên ZUI 13.1.560 và vẫn chưa khóa lại bộ nạp khởi động. Tôi sợ rằng tôi có thể thiếu một bản cập nhật nữa.
Tôi đảm bảo rằng tôi sẽ không làm rối tung chuyện này lần này!
Can you make a detailed video tutorial for me. Thank you

carlosfla21

Sep 26, 2022
So I would like to thank you for the tutorial. My tablet was stuck on fastboot, it was in loop.

" http://cdn.zui.lenovomm.com/developer/tabletboot/[your sn number]/sn.img" - just put the serial number on the back of the tablet in place [your sn number] takes it all away ai from the link above and put the serial number in the browser and the image will start downloading. I had to download the attached program, there I pasted the image inside the program folder, and ran the unlock bootloader that is inside the program folder when you extract it. And ready Bootloader unlocked then just install the original Chinese room by Qfil.

Attachments

• LockUnlockBootloader.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 77

fleps

Dec 9, 2010
Hello

I have my tablet for about an year now on the firmware version 12.6.238 (as I knew updating to v13 would/could mess up Widevine and Play Store certificate)

I've installed Google Play Store back then probably via APK Mirror or something, and probably google play services and something else, and at some point everything was fine (purchases, installs, updates).

I haven't used the tablet for a while now, and today when I went to the Play Store to do a long overdue app updates, nothing worked anymore.

It stayed on "pending download" until it just stopped (no specific error message). I then tried to install a new version of Play Store from APK Mirror and the app updates now start but get stuck halfway and fail.

I also tried to update Google Play Services but every version I try it just fails to install.

Anyone has any idea how to fix this and have Play Store back to normal on FW 12.6.238?

Thanks

JobinFerreira

Jun 30, 2022
Hello

I have my tablet for about an year now on the firmware version 12.6.238 (as I knew updating to v13 would/could mess up Widevine and Play Store certificate)

I've installed Google Play Store back then probably via APK Mirror or something, and probably google play services and something else, and at some point everything was fine (purchases, installs, updates).

I haven't used the tablet for a while now, and today when I went to the Play Store to do a long overdue app updates, nothing worked anymore.

It stayed on "pending download" until it just stopped (no specific error message). I then tried to install a new version of Play Store from APK Mirror and the app updates now start but get stuck halfway and fail.

I also tried to update Google Play Services but every version I try it just fails to install.

Anyone has any idea how to fix this and have Play Store back to normal on FW 12.6.238?

Thanks
Hi, maybe you should try to update your tablet.

Mine is on 13.1.560 for months and it works great, with Widevine and everything working on google play.

fleps

Dec 9, 2010
Hi, maybe you should try to update your tablet.

Mine is on 13.1.560 for months and it works great, with Widevine and everything working on google play.
I didn't knew, I had the impression that v13 broke Widevine and also made Play Store not certified.

Did you do anything special? Mine is locked, I can see the update available via OTA, should that work I imagine?

Thanks

JobinFerreira

Jun 30, 2022
I didn't knew, I had the impression that v13 broke Widevine and also made Play Store not certified.

Did you do anything special? Mine is locked, I can see the update available via OTA, should that work I imagine?

Thanks
I followed a lot of instructions around this forum. I first installed the original chinese room, then I manually updated the tablet to a 12xxx(don't remember exactly), but after that, I updated via OTA. Then I lock the bootloader and it's working just fine.

But it didn't work at first, I tried again and it worked. I think you've got to have luck.

fleps

Dec 9, 2010
I followed a lot of instructions around this forum. I first installed the original chinese room, then I manually updated the tablet to a 12xxx(don't remember exactly), but after that, I updated via OTA. Then I lock the bootloader and it's working just fine.

But it didn't work at first, I tried again and it worked. I think you've got to have luck.

Yes I followed the same guide also months ago to restore the original ROM, locked the bootloader and OTA updated until v12, all went well and it was working so I disabled the the auto-update as when v13 came out it was messing up widevine and store certificate.

So I'm good on that step, not sure why now all Play Store stopped working properly. I even factory reseted yesterday and installed Play STore from the Chinesse store and it installed ONE app then stopped working again.

Did you install your Play Store from the Chinese store when you updated to v13 or direct APK?

Did you have to install any services / framework APK too?

Honestly, if this doesn't work I'll throw this goddam tablet in the trash and Lenovo never again.

fleps

Dec 9, 2010
I did another factory reset before triggering the update and now when I go to the system update, it says there isn't any available update.

WTF is going on with this tablet, I can't believe this.

fleps

Dec 9, 2010
Well,

I updated using the manual method to the last version, did a factory reset, installed Play Store from the Chinese store, and logged in. It says it's certified, but doesn't download any app.

Edit:
Just for the sake of it, I enabled mobile hotspot from my phone, sharing my 4G connection and connected the tabled to it, and now all updates/downloads work!

This makes no sense, as on my phone I can download/update apps normally when connected on the same wifi that the Lenovo Tab can't, and the router is right at my side.

And it was working fine a few days ago.

Wtf is going on?

Last edited:

vinaythoke

Jul 28, 2014
Pune
You can't unlock the bootloader using HAHAHAHA method anymore after updating the device to 14.0.127?
Can anyone please confirm if they were able to unlock their device after updating to the latest 14.0.127? (ZUI 14).

If yes, please could you tell me the process. I think there won't be Android 13 update for this tablet. So I was thinking of installing Lineage OS 19.1 as someone already did on this forum.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How To Lock and Unlock Bootloader - Xioaxin Pad Pro 2021 - TB-J716F

Since I found out that the Tablet supports Project Treble I'm trying to get a GSI-ROM running on it.
    Currently with many trial and error I got LiR-ROM to boot.
    The first step is to unlock the Bootloader so I thought I will share the process here.
    Your data will be deleted while unlocking, try it at your own risk.

Unlock Bootloader manually
    Requirement: PC with ADB Fastboot
    1. Go to Settings -> System -> About Phone, tab on it until developer settings are enabled.
    2. Go to Developer Settings and enable "USB Debugging" and "OEM Unlocking".
    3. Open Console and enter "adb devices". Allow USB-Debugging if tablets asks.
    4. Enter command "adb reboot bootloader".
    5. Write down the serial number shown on the bootloader screen
    You can either get the unlock image via this link "http://cdn.zui.lenovomm.com/developer/tabletboot/[your sn number]/sn.img" or via the webseite
    5. Go to the ZUI Unlock Website and request the unlock image

ZUIUnlock.png

6. You should get a mail where you can download a file called "sn.img".
    7. Flash the image with fastboot "fastboot flash unlock sn.img"
    8. Enter command "fastboot oem unlock-go", bootloader will unlock now.
    9. Restart with "fastboot reboot".
    Done, your bootloader should be unlocked now.

Lock and Unlock Bootloader with Batchscript
    I recently found a batch script for lenovo devices in an chinese forum and translated it.
    It's easy and convenient to use. For unlocking you still need the sn.img from the ZUI Unlock Website.
    Download BatchScript
    update : I've found a way! thanks to a korean lad that led me to a russian forum
    HERE
    Hello to everyone, can someone post the exact steps on how to lock the bootloader?
    Thanks
    You need to be on official Chinese ROM first. @Tropaion made a tutorial on how to flash it.
    For locking the bootloader you need to enable USB debugging in developer settings.
    Then plug in the tablet to your PC, open adb shell and type "adb reboot bootloader"
    After it's rebooted to the bootloader type "fastboot flashing lock"
    Then you're done and can reboot.

Few things to keep in mind: never unplug the tablet when flashing ROMs. Also the locking bootloader command doesn't always work and you might have to try a few times or switch between fastboot and bootloader.

Hope this helps, there are also a few topics on locking/unlocking if you're stuck.
    @sakun-ice I got LineageOS to run on it today, but it still has 2-3 bugs.
    Thanks @zxcv88

After installing the lenovo USB driver, the !Android in Other devices was updated.

Boot into bootloader mode and "fastboot flashing lock" runs without any issue

Appreciate all for the advise and help! Appreciate ~