Locked out of Zebra TC51 / TC510k

lubberz69

Nov 8, 2020
This is how you get the factory reset downloads easily.

I have the zebra tc510k, I did not see on here if anybody had ever got the files or if they found a way to factory reset this. I can see that while using a desktop version of zebras website you are not able to just download the files for factory reset however i visited it later on a mobile device and was able to download these files onto an SD card.

When you get the files on the SD card go ahead and remove the battery, make sure its atleast 30% charged otherwise it will not let you update in recovery mode.

Insert SD card and battery

boot into recovery mode (on my tc510k, its holding both the ptt button and the power button until logo pops up)

then select update from SD card.

Choose the factory reset option that you downloaded and put on the SD card.

The factory reset only takes a minute or two and after you have it set up you can go to zebras website and download the latest update that is compatible with your device now that you are able to navigate through settings and see your build number and software version etc.

(Remember I got the files off of the MOBILE site where it did not have the little lock icon.)

Let me know if a video or something could be more helpful i hope this helps. Btw I am very new to this so I do not know how to attach files to this. its on zebras website and you might have to visit the site using a phone to download the file. once i got the file downloaded i just saved it to my google drive and then downloaded it to my computer from google drive then moved it onto the SD card

Reactions: SubitoSanto

knikkie510

Apr 21, 2018
i would buy

Hello,

im in interested in to buy your locked TC51 devices, i would offer 150$ per device, depends on the grade of useage. I apologize for my english, im german.
If you're interested in to sell your devices or to repair it, contact me.
I HAVE ON IN PERFECT CONDITION ONLY ITS SCREEN LOCKED.TC66CJ

SubitoSanto

Dec 11, 2020
Finally found reset files for this thing, in case anyone needs, they're attached.
Copy both to micro SD
Boot to recovery (power+PTT button, which is top button on left side of TC51, release power when logo appears, then release PTT button after couple seconds).
Choose upgrade from SD card
Select one of the files then flash,
Select the other, then flash
Your device should be wiped from any pins or passwords least mine was..
Good luck
I'm looking to unlock a TC56.
Can you help me with this files please?
Someone have the files for the reset factory of tc56?

Talysdaddy

Apr 15, 2013
sEAtOWn, WA
I'm looking to unlock a TC56.
Can you help me with this files please?
Someone have the files for the reset factory of tc56?
Nope sorry.. did you check the manufacturers site? That's where I found ones I posted, their site is pretty thorough, I'd be surprised if it wasn't there. Otherwise a Google search always good, that's what lead me to their site.

Dan5two9

Jan 26, 2020
Anyone able to help reset and wipe a zebra TC52 clean of enterprise and everything back to factory settings? I was able to figure out the user ID to get in past the company sign in screen.

Talysdaddy

Apr 15, 2013
sEAtOWn, WA
My Tc51 won't recognize my sd
error unmounted sd card
please help!!!!
Try another SD card, make sure its formatted fat32, if not reformat the one you have and try again. If that don't work and you can't get another sdcard any other way, you can send it to me along with a prepaid label and I'll send it back

Talysdaddy

Apr 15, 2013
sEAtOWn, WA
Anyone able to help reset and wipe a zebra TC52 clean of enterprise and everything back to factory settings? I was able to figure out the user ID to get in past the company sign in screen.
Here ya go seems to be different files to reset depending on you being on Oreo or 10, so choose wisely.
Follow instructions in this thread to flash them.
Good luck

Cnoverton

Jan 22, 2021
I manged to completely format the TC51 after forgetting password. I have all three format zip folders if anyone needs them. Depending on which version of android is running on your device depends on which one you'll need.

You need to upload the zip file onto a micro sd card and insert it into your device, hold the scan button and power on button on starting up your device and let go when the zebra logo appears. Click update from sd then click on the zip file. Email me on [email protected] if you need the file

vidarr_kerr

Jun 18, 2019
I manged to completely format the TC51 after forgetting password. I have all three format zip folders if anyone needs them. Depending on which version of android is running on your device depends on which one you'll need.

You need to upload the zip file onto a micro sd card and insert it into your device, hold the scan button and power on button on starting up your device and let go when the zebra logo appears. Click update from sd then click on the zip file. Email me on [email protected] if you need the file
Do you have the password to unlock the bootloader of the TC56?

For everyone, I have Android 6, 7, and 8 for a bunch of Zebra devices --Full Installs. It will give you full access to your device, but the bootloader is locked, so you cannot flash any custom roms, only the official Zebra Androids that I have.

If someone knows how to unlock the Zebra bootloader, please for the love of all things, let us know.

Thanks
V

Onepunchman66

Feb 22, 2021
i would buy

Hello,

im in interested in to buy your locked TC51 devices, i would offer 150$ per device, depends on the grade of useage. I apologize for my english, im german.
If you're interested in to sell your devices or to repair it, contact me.
I have a TC77 for sale, please get back to me if you are interested

Onepunchman66

Feb 22, 2021
I have a TC77 which is locked by DHL software. Will pay someone for help with clear instructions to reset or alternatively will sell handset to someone who wants to do it themselves and then sell.

vidarr_kerr

Jun 18, 2019
Any update on this? did you find out how to install software?
I have the software to install Android 6 thru 9 (10 and 11+ will be available soon enough). I am using 9 right now with a TC56. Works great. Anyone who wants these, let me know and I will give you a link to dl them (FYI, they are official Zebra, so they come with all the apps that support the Zebra hardware :)).

What I need is a password for the bootloader, so I can install a custom ROM.

If Anyone has a password, or way to unlock the bootloader, you will win the award for Phone Master of the Universe. 🤙