Locked S8

Search This thread

webparrot

Feb 26, 2008
A month ago while doing some off road bike riding I found a S8 on the trail. I call Verizon and they said they would get back to me on that to do with the phone. They never called back.

I've placed a ad on Craigslist and have called Verizon 4 times. No one seems interested in the recovery of this phone. I could use it to fly my drone but it's locked. I tried a reset but it's asking for the old Google account info. Is it possible for me to root this phone so it can be used on WiFi? My other option would be skipping it accross the San Francisco bay. I wonder how many skips I could get.

Thanks for any input on this post.
WP

jpcdeux

Mar 26, 2010
Laporte, IN
Flash unlocked (G950U1) firmware on it and wipe it through recovery. Should allow setup without needing the account linked to it

partcyborg

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2017
OnePlus 9 Pro
Flash unlocked (G950U1) firmware on it and wipe it through recovery. Should allow setup without needing the account linked to it

No, that does not erase frp. Frp bypass discussion is forbidden on XDA, as the #1 reason to use it is to resell stolen phones.

To OP there are enough resources on the internet that you should be able to figure out whether or not this is possible yourself.

You could also just figure out what carrier it's on, walk into their store and hand it to them so it can be reunited with its owner. I know if I lost my $800 phone I'd be pretty sad. Definitely better than destroying it, seemingly out of spite

Reactions: webparrot

sahilg009

Mar 23, 2011
There is a combination file which you can flash via odin to bypass frp
google it for more info

webparrot

Feb 26, 2008
No, that does not erase frp. Frp bypass discussion is forbidden on XDA, as the #1 reason to use it is to resell stolen phones.

To OP there are enough resources on the internet that you should be able to figure out whether or not this is possible yourself.

You could also just figure out what carrier it's on, walk into their store and hand it to them so it can be reunited with its owner. I know if I lost my $800 phone I'd be pretty sad. Definitely better than destroying it, seemingly out of spite

thank you for your input. I'm not sure how but I will try to close this thread down or delete.
Because of my busy schedule I was trying to have verison send me a mailer so I could send them the phone. Also I was just kidding about skipping the phone across the bay. I would never do that. I have left the phone on since I found it expecting someone to call it so I could find the owner but there has been nothing. The owner probably got replacement through insurance leaving this phone disconnected.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.