[LOCKRINGS] OVER 150 DESIGNS and SHORTCUTS ft. CID, AOKP, SuperHeroes AND MORE!!

Search This thread

FaithCry

Aug 26, 2010
Hey guys this is just a report of my GALAXY NEXUS thread :)

PLEASE CHECK FAQ IN POST 2.

Requests are closed at the moment, other people may fulfil your requests but i will not atm as i'm crazy busy. see post #2 for other notes.

they are metamorph/zipthemer (for JB) zips so please download the app and then open the zip and apply with metamorph!

please nandroid if you don't know 100% what you're doing or how to recover otherwise.
the other option is to pull your framework-res.apk in /system/framework/ to your computer and then if you get a bootloop you can always adb push it back.

Please don't steal my work, if you want to share it in another forum, ask me or just send them to this thread. please and thanks!

Special thanks to GideonX for hosting and giving me my site, @Stericson for his tutorials and teaching me how to do metamorph, @morfic for his awesome kernel, @rascarlo for his awesome rom and @SamsungClay for being such an inspiration to me.
EVERYTHING IN MY FOLDER IS XHDPI AND HDPI COMPATIBLE.

Whats available thus far:

lockrings.jpg

Please hit me up with a thanks for all the time i invest into fufilling as many requests as i can! All downloads can be found HERE at MY SITE MADE AVAILABLE BY GIDEONX!

check out spunks3's (american) FOOTBALL pack here and some of his other stuff here.

Let me know if i derped up anything in the files! ;P

Cheers!

Attachments

• BlueCidNormalLock.zip
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,863
  • chrome_colour_lock.zip
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,727
  • CidNormalLock.zip
    19.4 KB · Views: 1,278
  • PadlockGoogle.zip
    26.8 KB · Views: 1,713
  • GoogleNexusLock.zip
    69.1 KB · Views: 3,147
Last edited:

FaithCry

Aug 26, 2010
FAQ's

Commonly asked Questions or reoccuring comments

- USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION.

- ALWAYS MAKE A NANDROID or have one on hand to fall back. I cannot stress this enough, especially if you are a newb and this is your first time flashing a theme / using metamorph

- alternatively, if you know what you're doing, just pull the framework-res.apk from /system/framework/ BEFORE you apply the theme and if you get a bootloop just push it back from recovery.

now.

HOW DO I INSTALL THIS???

- First, USE ZIPTHEMER
- download the file to /sdcard/Zipthemer
- go open Zipthemer
- BEFORE ADDING THEMES UPDATE EDIFY
-> hit menu
-> update edify
-> browse...
-> browse to your rom's zip and click on it
-> it will return to the previous menu and then hit configure
-> EDIFY IS NOW CONFIGURED
- then it +Theme and navigate to the folder with the ring
- then change the name of the output if you like
- then click "Build It" and then make a back up.
- reboot into recovery and flash
- reboot
- ?????
- PROFIT!

OMG THESE ARE AWESOME WHAT ROMS DOES IT WORK ON?

anything AOSP based, that being cm10.1, aokp, rasbean, etcetc.

it will NOT work with the sony roms, or sense roms, or touchwiz roms so dont blame me if you try doing it with those roms.

i'm on paranoid and thats based of CM10 so it'll work right?!

YES IS WORKS NOW THANK YOU MOLES.

Will this theme work on any other phone?

YES! It will work on any phone as long as it is XHDPI (Gnex, SGS3, One X), or HDPI (SGS2, Desire, MyTouch4g, etcetc) if you're not sure just google your screen resolution. sorry MDPI isn't supported!

ONLY the files on my site or the ones that i post are supported. anything posted by anyone else may not support both xhdpi and hdpi.

i totally borked my phone and its in a bootloop QQ what do i do?

if you're running the proper rom and you followed all the instructions properly then pull the battery and reboot. it is normal for a random reboot to happen when you first apply it. metamorph talks all about it in its warning to you.

I did what you said but it still bootlooping... the world is over.

either nandroid or restore your framework from recovery. and then try redownloading the zip and reapplying. sometimes people get bad downloads... so dont fret.

i have followed all the previous steps and my lockring isn't applying... YOUR LOCKRINGS ARE BROKEN!

probably not, as 99% of them have been tried and tested. make sure you don't have a theme applied, if you do, use zipthemer to apply the lockring isntead.

ZOMG i've tried everything you said and it still wont work...my life is over

stop lying. all the rings work provided you've followed the instructions. otherwise send me your framework-res.apk and i'll look at it.

can i have this lockring design?

well first you need to provide a picture, and then even then its stillup to me whether or not i'm going to make it.

can i haz a weed one?

simple answer, no. I don't endorse drugs that are illegal in my country (Canada). But if you want a benadryl one, then sure.
if weed was legal in my current place of living, then i would, but until then. ;P

ZOMG YOU ARE SO SLOW AT FULFILLING REQUESTS AND YOU SHOULD BOW DOWN TO ME AND DO AS I SAY!! I CANT WAIT FOR YOU TO HAVE A LIFE AND DO IT ON YOUR TIME, LET ME MAKE MY RINGS MYSELF!

i'm not responsible if you eff up your phone cause you dont know what you're doing. but here is a brief but pretty concise explanation of how to do it.

if you download any of my zips, and unzip it, you'll find a folder with files, and an .xml file.

if you want to change the pics of the lockrings

- unzip with winrar or 7z or whatever
- go to framework-res/res/drawable-hdpi (or xhdpi if youre on a gs3)
- change your lockring .png's. They can be anything, but just make sure they are 162x162 px for hdpi and 216x216 px for xhdpi
- ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png is the lockring when it is not pressed
- ic_lockscreen_handle_pressed.png is when you put your finger to drag it to your designated target.

- MAKE SURE YOU RENAME YOUR EDITED PNG's TO EXACTLY WHAT IS ABOVE OR ELSE IT WONT WORK (unless you want to play with xml)

- once you have fixed up all your images go back to the root folder where you unzipped the original zipfile.
- then open the xml and change accordingly to what it says.. pretty straightfoward
- now this is important for it to work with meta! : you can rename the xml to (your name here).xml, but it is IMPERATIVE that when you ZIP the file back together, you name the zip the EXACT same as the xml except ending in .zip

- so select your xml and your folder (framework-res) and then right click, and zip it with winrar or 7z. make SURE it is a ZIP file and that it is the EXACT SAME NAME AS THE XML and DO NOT COMPRESS IT!
- then when you have your zip, drag and drop it into your AndroidThemes folder on your internal SD or SD (assuming you're using metamorph) and then apply with MM or Zipthemer or ninjamorph etcetc!

**it will soft reboot or freeze or whatever, just pull the battery and boot normal. or use
Code:
adb reboot

and voila! there you have it, you've made your very own custom lockrings!

cheers! :highfive:

thats all for now, but this post will be updated when popular questions arise.

Last edited:

benrees21

May 31, 2010
Grays
Glad you opened a separate thread.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running Rascream ROM and the one and only Trinity kernel.

Reactions: FaithCry

justen7723

Apr 3, 2011
toledo
First of all thx!!! Second how about the nexus "X"???

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus CDMA using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys this is just a report of my GALAXY NEXUS thread :)

PLEASE CHECK FAQ IN POST 2.

Requests are closed at the moment, other people may fulfil your requests but i will not atm as i'm crazy busy. see post #2 for other notes.

they are metamorph/zipthemer (for JB) zips so please download the app and then open the zip and apply with metamorph!

please nandroid if you don't know 100% what you're doing or how to recover otherwise.
    the other option is to pull your framework-res.apk in /system/framework/ to your computer and then if you get a bootloop you can always adb push it back.

Please don't steal my work, if you want to share it in another forum, ask me or just send them to this thread. please and thanks!

Special thanks to GideonX for hosting and giving me my site, @Stericson for his tutorials and teaching me how to do metamorph, @morfic for his awesome kernel, @rascarlo for his awesome rom and @SamsungClay for being such an inspiration to me.
    EVERYTHING IN MY FOLDER IS XHDPI AND HDPI COMPATIBLE.

Whats available thus far:

lockrings.jpg

Please hit me up with a thanks for all the time i invest into fufilling as many requests as i can! All downloads can be found HERE at MY SITE MADE AVAILABLE BY GIDEONX!

check out spunks3's (american) FOOTBALL pack here and some of his other stuff here.

Let me know if i derped up anything in the files! ;P

Cheers!
    FAQ's

Commonly asked Questions or reoccuring comments

- USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION.

- ALWAYS MAKE A NANDROID or have one on hand to fall back. I cannot stress this enough, especially if you are a newb and this is your first time flashing a theme / using metamorph

- alternatively, if you know what you're doing, just pull the framework-res.apk from /system/framework/ BEFORE you apply the theme and if you get a bootloop just push it back from recovery.

now.

HOW DO I INSTALL THIS???

- First, USE ZIPTHEMER
    - download the file to /sdcard/Zipthemer
    - go open Zipthemer
    - BEFORE ADDING THEMES UPDATE EDIFY
    -> hit menu
    -> update edify
    -> browse...
    -> browse to your rom's zip and click on it
    -> it will return to the previous menu and then hit configure
    -> EDIFY IS NOW CONFIGURED
    - then it +Theme and navigate to the folder with the ring
    - then change the name of the output if you like
    - then click "Build It" and then make a back up.
    - reboot into recovery and flash
    - reboot
    - ?????
    - PROFIT!

OMG THESE ARE AWESOME WHAT ROMS DOES IT WORK ON?

anything AOSP based, that being cm10.1, aokp, rasbean, etcetc.

it will NOT work with the sony roms, or sense roms, or touchwiz roms so dont blame me if you try doing it with those roms.

i'm on paranoid and thats based of CM10 so it'll work right?!

YES IS WORKS NOW THANK YOU MOLES.

Will this theme work on any other phone?

YES! It will work on any phone as long as it is XHDPI (Gnex, SGS3, One X), or HDPI (SGS2, Desire, MyTouch4g, etcetc) if you're not sure just google your screen resolution. sorry MDPI isn't supported!

ONLY the files on my site or the ones that i post are supported. anything posted by anyone else may not support both xhdpi and hdpi.

i totally borked my phone and its in a bootloop QQ what do i do?

if you're running the proper rom and you followed all the instructions properly then pull the battery and reboot. it is normal for a random reboot to happen when you first apply it. metamorph talks all about it in its warning to you.

I did what you said but it still bootlooping... the world is over.

either nandroid or restore your framework from recovery. and then try redownloading the zip and reapplying. sometimes people get bad downloads... so dont fret.

i have followed all the previous steps and my lockring isn't applying... YOUR LOCKRINGS ARE BROKEN!

probably not, as 99% of them have been tried and tested. make sure you don't have a theme applied, if you do, use zipthemer to apply the lockring isntead.

ZOMG i've tried everything you said and it still wont work...my life is over

stop lying. all the rings work provided you've followed the instructions. otherwise send me your framework-res.apk and i'll look at it.

can i have this lockring design?

well first you need to provide a picture, and then even then its stillup to me whether or not i'm going to make it.

can i haz a weed one?

simple answer, no. I don't endorse drugs that are illegal in my country (Canada). But if you want a benadryl one, then sure.
    if weed was legal in my current place of living, then i would, but until then. ;P

ZOMG YOU ARE SO SLOW AT FULFILLING REQUESTS AND YOU SHOULD BOW DOWN TO ME AND DO AS I SAY!! I CANT WAIT FOR YOU TO HAVE A LIFE AND DO IT ON YOUR TIME, LET ME MAKE MY RINGS MYSELF!

i'm not responsible if you eff up your phone cause you dont know what you're doing. but here is a brief but pretty concise explanation of how to do it.

if you download any of my zips, and unzip it, you'll find a folder with files, and an .xml file.

if you want to change the pics of the lockrings

- unzip with winrar or 7z or whatever
    - go to framework-res/res/drawable-hdpi (or xhdpi if youre on a gs3)
    - change your lockring .png's. They can be anything, but just make sure they are 162x162 px for hdpi and 216x216 px for xhdpi
    - ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png is the lockring when it is not pressed
    - ic_lockscreen_handle_pressed.png is when you put your finger to drag it to your designated target.

- MAKE SURE YOU RENAME YOUR EDITED PNG's TO EXACTLY WHAT IS ABOVE OR ELSE IT WONT WORK (unless you want to play with xml)

- once you have fixed up all your images go back to the root folder where you unzipped the original zipfile.
    - then open the xml and change accordingly to what it says.. pretty straightfoward
    - now this is important for it to work with meta! : you can rename the xml to (your name here).xml, but it is IMPERATIVE that when you ZIP the file back together, you name the zip the EXACT same as the xml except ending in .zip

- so select your xml and your folder (framework-res) and then right click, and zip it with winrar or 7z. make SURE it is a ZIP file and that it is the EXACT SAME NAME AS THE XML and DO NOT COMPRESS IT!
    - then when you have your zip, drag and drop it into your AndroidThemes folder on your internal SD or SD (assuming you're using metamorph) and then apply with MM or Zipthemer or ninjamorph etcetc!

**it will soft reboot or freeze or whatever, just pull the battery and boot normal. or use
    Code:
    adb reboot

and voila! there you have it, you've made your very own custom lockrings!

cheers! :highfive:

thats all for now, but this post will be updated when popular questions arise.
    Here is the NFL Pack...

NFL PACK AVAILABLE! - all teams are in one zip (due to 20 file upload limitation), extract your team, add to SD card and apply using metamorph or zipthemer

oh and... for the Browns logo... i left it browns since i know a few browns fans and if i even attempted to make it white they'd kick my ass... so sorry but it will be staying as is :p

vikngstemplate-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    titanstemplate-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    texanstemplate-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    tampatemplate-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    skins-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    seahawkstemp-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    saintstemplate-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    ravenstemplate-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    ramstest-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    raiderstemplate-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    patriotstemplate-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    pantherstemplate-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    packerstemplate-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    lionstemplate-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    jetstemplate-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    jagstemplate-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    giantstemplate-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    falconstemplate-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    eaglestemplate-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    dolphinstemplate-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    dallastemplate-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    coltstemplate-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    chiefstemplate-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    chargerstemp-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    cardinalstemplate-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    buffalobills.png
    brownstemplate-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    broncostemplate-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    bengalstemplate-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    bearstemplate-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    49erstemp-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    steelerstemplate-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    Spunks3's Mod's

This will be the post where i will post requests that i fulfill. I will edit it and hopefully we can get a link on the OP...

weed.zip > manchesterlogo.zip > manwhite.zip > youngandreckless.zip > gundam.zip (when gundam is pressed instead of circle you get outline of gundam) > Yankees.zip > Thunder.zip > BuffaloBills.zip > Magic.zip > Marine.zip > NexusXwhite.zip > NexusXnoCircle.zip > portugal.zip > deadmau5.zip > mortalkombat.zip > bullscolor.zip > vabeachfc3s.zip

weed-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    manchester-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    manwhite-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    rekcless-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    gundam-ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
    gundampressed.png
    yankees.png
    thunder.png
    buffalobills.png
    magic.png
    marine.png
    nexuswhite.png