Question Lockscreen problem after miui 12.5 update.

Search This thread

dexter8

Jan 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Recently updated my redmi 9t with the new miui 12.5. After that i'm unable to unlock screen with fingerprint when using downloaded theme. It works if i use stock theme. Anyone knows how to somehow fix this. Your help is highly appreciated.

severac

Jan 25, 2022
Hi,

I have the same problem. I didn't downloaded any theme or pictures, anything, all is in default, and still get that msg.

What is stock theme? After upgrade I got some picture on lock screen with snow and mountains.

dexter8

Jan 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi severac, stock theme is the standard theme (classic theme). I have tried to clear cache and memory for the theme app. The problem is still there.
Another problem i have is whenever i tried to change wallpaper for downloaded theme lockscreen it will change to the standard theme lockscreen.

dexter8

Jan 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
After the new theme app update, unlock with fingerprint not working anymore. Even on standard theme. Uninstalling the update doesn't help either. Hope they fix this in the upcoming update.

severac

Jan 25, 2022
Hmm, I managed to unlock my screen with finger. I can unlock it when screen is turned off by itself, for example, after 2 minutes. Then if I put my finger it unlock the phone. But, If I lock my screen with some app, like tap to lock, one touch to lock or similar, it doesn't unlock it with fingerprint after that.

dexter8

Jan 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Mine works only if the screen turned off with an app opened. Deleting and readding the finger print doesn't do anything.
Thanks for your feedback mate.