[LOLLIPOP][18/11/14] Phantom Kernel r2

Search This thread

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
I want to try this kernel, but why is the zip file an exe? Something is fishy here.

EDIT: Nevermind, the Downloadhost has two HUGE Download buttons, the first one is some fishy exe, the second one is the zip. Pretty lame. But nothing to do with the OP here, so ;)

ScumDroid

Apr 15, 2012
Toronto
I want to try this kernel, but why is the zip file an exe? Something is fishy here.

EDIT: Nevermind, the Downloadhost has two HUGE Download buttons, the first one is some fishy exe, the second one is the zip. Pretty lame. But nothing to do with the OP here, so ;)

Yes, people need to stop using DevHost. Ive noticed a bunch of times now redirects to a .Exe file that my AV quarantined while trying to download kernels and roms ect from there. I used adblock to filter the big download banner that leads to the .exe, so now only the real link shows. Not cool. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

sldier11

Feb 16, 2013
Will this kernal be updated to 5.0.2? Not sure how much has changed with ROM at that version but I heard google made kernel tweaks that might fix some spontaneous crashes that happen once in awhile

Reactions: goobieracing

Reiven89

May 31, 2013
Im having slow charging issue with this kernel...charged 10 percent in 5 hours

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

ogilviea

Mar 5, 2011
I'm running phantom kernel r2, on slimLP alpha 0.7. All-f2fs, running smoother and quicker than ever!! Much thanks

+1
Another satisfied customer here. Phantom r2 running nicely with SlimLP (all-f2fs variant). Flashed r2 straight over my existing SlimLP (m-kernel) setup.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
+1
Another satisfied customer here. Phantom r2 running nicely with SlimLP (all-f2fs variant). Flashed r2 straight over my existing SlimLP (m-kernel) setup.

Same. I've used m-kernel for at least a year now, and was reluctant to try a different kernel but figured hey, at worst it's a ROM reflash. I went to SlimLP f2fs a few weeks ago and for the first week it was about on par with my typical experience, not bad, some lag, some really bad lag sometimes. Saw a post about this kernel figured I'd try it and it's working really well. I haven't seen any terrible lag, not sure what to make of it since I'm pretty sure the really bad lags are IO related.

I did set scheduler to noop, but otherwise didn't change anything.

Reactions: ogilviea

Prof Peach

Sep 14, 2011
Morpeth UK
The question of over clocking has been asked a few times but no acknowledgement or answers have been given.

What's the chances of an OC version of this kernel which up to now is working great for me. The boost for gaming would be much appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reiven89

May 31, 2013
After using this kernel i must say that i didnt had slow charging anymore but i have bad artifacts at boot before google logo...with other kernels i dont have them

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

luckyrumo

Nov 11, 2014
Last edited:

luckyrumo

Nov 11, 2014
When I download r2 I get a .zip.dmg file. What's that? Right size, wrong md5.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Are you on Mac OS, and .dmg is an executable there?
I think you clicked the wrong download link. The first one gives me a .zip.exe (though I'm on Linux, not Windows :mad:), the second one the correct .zip (I didn't try flashing it, but md5 matches.)

Edit: That's the second, correct link for me: http://fs1.d-h.st/download/00149/2bYP/Phantom-Kernel-grouper-r2.zip

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have been working on grouper recently and I felt that there was a certain lack of a stock based kernel with only useful stuff and not custom features. There might be some users like me who haven't been able to customize their tablets much because of schedule and lego kernel hasn't been updated much recently. So I have made a kernel for Lollipop with only required stuff.

Some points to note(they can't be called features)-
    Compiled using latest Linraro 4.9 optimized for Cortex A9
    Kexec support
    All-F2FS support
    GPU overclock(franco's method)
    Optimized ARM RWSEM algorithm
    Entropy tweaks
    Agnostic kernel flasher
    SuperSU compatible

Download- http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=6701#downloads for boot.img
    and http://d-h.st/2bYP for agnostic kernel flasher zip
    Note- boot.img is only for All-F2FS partition users while zip can be used for all partition types(ext4, data-F2FS, all-F2FS).

XDA:DevDB Information
    Phantom Kernel, Kernel for the Nexus 7

Contributors
    Shivam Kuchhal
    Source Code: https://github.com/shivamk11/android_kernel_asus_grouper

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2014-11-17
    Last Updated 2015-05-03
    Phantom Kernel r2

Sorry for the buggy agnostic flasher zip yesterday! Here's a new one. Somebody please confirm that it works(it worked for me).

Changelog:
    Switched to latest agnostic flasher release.

Download- http://d-h.st/2bYP
    boot.img(same as r1) can be downloaded from dev-db. Zip will be uploaded to deb-db when it starts functioning.
    Phantom Kernel r3 TEST RELEASE

Can you guys please test this kernel zip on all partition layouts i.e. All-F2FS, data and cache F2FS and All-EXT4.
    I need immediate response.
    Changelog:
    Updated kernel
    Updated toolchain

Please try only on 5.1.x and above.

Download- http://d-h.st/Qe1k
    WUT? the LRX21P converted to F2FS? now is the lollipop very smooth on F2FS? and about this download link to the Phantom kernel, is this usable on our stock lollipop? sorry i am just confused.

here is what I did:
    1. Fresh install the original factory image.
    2. Move most system apk from /system/app to /data/app (because F2FS need more space)
    - including: LatinIme, koreanIME, pinyinIME, Maps, Hangout, YouTube, Drive, Music, Books, Chrome, PLusOne.
    There should be at least 140MB free space in /system
    3. Backup all /system, /data, copy backup file to computer
    4. In TWRP, format system, data, cache to F2FS.
    5. TWRP->Settings->Check use rm -rf for .....
    6. Copy backup back to your tablet, restore /system and /data
    7. Flash the kernel boot.img
    8. Reboot
    9. Profit
    Android 5.0 Lollipop is already F2FS enabled, and the Nexus 9 comes with F2FS on /data out of the box. No one will need to convert or hack anything, just format to your desired file system and Android 5.0 will use it happily.

Google must have been paying attention to the N7 forums for the past year, lol...
    Still Nexus 7 needs many changes. :p

Can you do a quick tutorial for flashing from stock Lollipop? Simply go into recovery and install? I'm a bit confused how F2FS will work on stock.

I checked on TWRP, and all my partitions are EXT4.

Thanks!

You're not alone, am incredibly confused as to how you format to f2fs with lollipop. I'll let you know if I find anything.

1. Format all partitions to F2FS using TWRP.
    2. Reboot recovery.
    3. Flash this ROM- http://xdaforums.com/nexus-7/development/rom-t2931064/post56813573
    4. Flash my kernel.
    ENJOY!