• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Lollipop and xPosed alternatives?

Search This thread

jrosetto

May 18, 2012
Clearwater
Obviously xposed doesn't work with lollipop because of ART. I used a few mods in xposed with JB that I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to get working on lollipop. The main one for me is resizing the nav bar at the bottom because it is huge. The second would be 5x5 homescreen icons. And the third is a round battery icon with the percentage. Any way to impliment this into lollipop without xposed?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

kowalski7cc

Dec 26, 2012
Internet
The main one for me is resizing the nav bar at the bottom because it is huge.
Well, you can decrease DPI value to 300 or a bit less, but this will make smaller anything.
The second would be 5x5 homescreen icons.
With a lower DPI (300) it becomes 5x6.
And the third is a round battery icon with the percentage.
For this you need a custom Firmware.

Reactions: jrosetto

kisrita

May 15, 2008
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Obviously xposed doesn't work with lollipop because of ART. I used a few mods in xposed with JB that I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to get working on lollipop. The main one for me is resizing the nav bar at the bottom because it is huge. The second would be 5x5 homescreen icons. And the third is a round battery icon with the percentage. Any way to impliment this into lollipop without xposed?

Thanks in advance.

For narrower nav bar, I use GMD auto hide soft keys. You need root, but it's easy with wugs nexus toolkit.
For changing the number of rows and columns of icons, I use Nova launcher. No root required.
Can't help with the battery icon, sorry.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: jrosetto

kisrita

May 15, 2008
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Suddenly can't seem to get that GMD app to work. I think the smart cover lite app together when the GMD app won't work. Seemed fine before I installed smart cover lite.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app

Neo.Geek

Jan 25, 2012
Panaji

Thanks in advance.

Why don't you just use a 3rd party launcher to change the homescreen icon grid? The latest Nova launcher also makes it look like stock lollipop launcher

arealcoolhand

Sep 4, 2012
San Francisco

Thanks in advance.

I personally found the best alternative to Xposed on Lollipop is the SimpleAOSP rom. It has a lot of the settings I got through GravityBox built in to the rom while still keeping the look and feel of the stock rom. Together with the recommended Stuxnet kernel, my phone hasn't ever run this well before. Super smooth and nice battery life. Pretty sure it has the feature you're looking for to change the size of the nav bar. Until Xposed is available on stock lollipop, I'm sticking with SuperAOSP.

The biggest thing for me was getting back DT2W/S2W/S2S since TouchControl is dead. Stuxnet only supports DT2W but SuperAOSP has the double-tap the status bar to sleep option.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The main one for me is resizing the nav bar at the bottom because it is huge.
    Well, you can decrease DPI value to 300 or a bit less, but this will make smaller anything.
    The second would be 5x5 homescreen icons.
    With a lower DPI (300) it becomes 5x6.
    And the third is a round battery icon with the percentage.
    For this you need a custom Firmware.

Thanks in advance.

For narrower nav bar, I use GMD auto hide soft keys. You need root, but it's easy with wugs nexus toolkit.
    For changing the number of rows and columns of icons, I use Nova launcher. No root required.
    Can't help with the battery icon, sorry.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Premium HD app