• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

lollipop battery

Search This thread

thebrohluis

Dec 6, 2014
It seems that with the new update I am getting less battery life then when kit Kat I have everything the same expect no root and I would usually get around 5 1/2 battery life on kit Kat with root but now I'm nearly getting 4? And I already factory reset it and it's still the same any help ?

joaranna

Sep 8, 2010
Lake Charles
Mine is about the same. I have it set to power saving mode. Just not affecting background data. Getting a full day with it without having to plug it in till about 11pm, my day off charger starting at about 5:30am. It might be your settings and if you're a power user. I use mine all through the day, from streaming audio to social networking and talking and texting or surfing the web. Even watching videos!

thebrohluis

Dec 6, 2014
before the update I unplugat 7:30 I got to high school so I stream netflix I use YouTube occasionly read books at half Brightness with no auto sync nfc Bluetooth off WiFi off till I get home and when I'm not using my data I turn it off (even though I have unlimited ) then when I get home connect to WiFi and keep streaming YouTube and text social media and never worried till about 10 or 11 with around 5 hohrs and 40 or 45 min at 10 % but now I bear get 4 ost

Solarenemy68

Jul 28, 2009
Dallas
You people do know that just like when you flash a ROM you have to train the update or ROM to the battery. To do this you have to completely drain and charge the battery a few times. I get better battery time with Lolipop then I did with KK. But I also trained the battery and system.

Reactions: joaranna

thebrohluis

Dec 6, 2014
Yeah I was thinking that also but idk if that was the answer or there was something going on because when I first got this phone I couldn't get more then 4 hours ost but now I got more, until the update

millerboy3

Feb 3, 2010
Columbia
You people do know that just like when you flash a ROM you have to train the update or ROM to the battery. To do this you have to completely drain and charge the battery a few times. I get better battery time with Lolipop then I did with KK. But I also trained the battery and system.

This is one possibility.

Yeah I was thinking that also but idk if that was the answer or there was something going on because when I first got this phone I couldn't get more then 4 hours ost but now I got more, until the update

You all have to also remember that if you use a KK rom that they were heavily tweaked by the rom maker most times for battery life/performance boosts.

Reactions: joaranna

Sherbon26

Nov 3, 2012
St Cloud
With stock NK2 I was getting almost 30 hours wothout charge and about 4 hours screen on.... now with OB7 i am lucky to get 10 hours with 1.5 hours screen on. Seriously thinking about going back to NK2. yes I did a full system wipe 3 times to be safe and still having said issue with battery

Solarenemy68

Jul 28, 2009
Dallas
With stock NK2 I was getting almost 30 hours wothout charge and about 4 hours screen on.... now with OB7 i am lucky to get 10 hours with 1.5 hours screen on. Seriously thinking about going back to NK2. yes I did a full system wipe 3 times to be safe and still having said issue with battery

Have you fully discharged your battery to the point that the phone shuts off and then recharged with the phone off at least twice? If not you should give it a try. This is supposed to be standard procedure any time a ROM is changed or updated. The ROM has to learn the charge and discharge characteristics of the battery and the only way to do this is to have it run a couple of full cycles.

DarkManX4lf

May 11, 2007
NYC
Have you fully discharged your battery to the point that the phone shuts off and then recharged with the phone off at least twice? If not you should give it a try. This is supposed to be standard procedure any time a ROM is changed or updated. The ROM has to learn the charge and discharge characteristics of the battery and the only way to do this is to have it run a couple of full cycles.
Accidentally gave thumbs up. Anyway, not sure if that's true. I've installed many roms across multiple phones (like most of you have) and I've drained and charged batteries after installing roms and sometimes I haven't. Either way I haven't noticed better battery life. It's usually the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sherbon26

millerboy3

Feb 3, 2010
Columbia

Stock rooted NK2 or full stock?

This only gives you very small gains if any, also this matters more only if you don't ever let your phone die completely/have a non-stock battery.

Accidentally gave thumbs up. Anyway, not sure if that's true. I've installed many roms across multiple phones (like most of you have) and I've drained and charged batteries after installing roms and sometimes I haven't. Either way I haven't noticed better battery life. It's usually the same.

Thats usually whats going to happen, small gain/loss. Nothing amazing unless you have an extended battery the device needs to learn to use.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This is one possibility.

You all have to also remember that if you use a KK rom that they were heavily tweaked by the rom maker most times for battery life/performance boosts.