lollipop flashlight bug

Search This thread

Liffeyman

Feb 13, 2013
Dublin
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hi

Anyone having an issue with the stock flashlight app on the new Lollipop 5.0 not turning on

As a person working in IT and with crappy eye sight, this app really is a must for me.

A reboot of the phone will fix it, but by then the need for the light will normally have passed as I'll just ask someone around me for help

Found this was happening on the preview l as well, thought it they have sorted it in the finished release.

Cheers
Paul

Last edited:

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
The issue is intermittent and a quick reboot always fixes the issue. I must check the next time it goes, if the camera is broke as well

I have no idea what could cause that. My flashlight comes on every time I toggle it. Tesla LED (I think that's the name of it) is a good flashlight app in the Play Store if you want to try a third party app and see if it works better for you

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
Yup. I posted about this. When it refuses to work try open the camera app. It'll say cannot connect to camera

Sent from my Android 5.0 Nexus 5

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
Only rebooting fixes it that I've found so far. Seems to happen after using the flashlight for a long time

Sent from my Android 5.0 Nexus 5

Spawne32

Dec 9, 2011
Had a similar issue today, flashlight turned off for no reason, then refused to turn back on until i restarted the phone.

pookipsy

Aug 6, 2012
never happened to me before until today and the only difference was that the phone was charging now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone working on a fix for the camera? any workarounds for the issue?

From what Ben36 is saying, it seems to be caused my leaving the flashlight on for a long period of time. So I would say it's a bug in the system that Google needs to fix. Try other apps like the one I mentioned and see if you get the same issue.