• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Lollipop Google Keyboard for ALL PHONES!! No root needed! Updated: 7/26/16

Why do you like best about this keyboard?

• The Material themes

Votes: 299 61.4%
  • That it's from the Lollipop leak

Votes: 46 9.4%
  • That it can be installed on all phones

Votes: 142 29.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

whoot

Oct 31, 2011
I'm having this issue in addition to landscape not working. Any help?
CbW5MQA.png

Shaftamle

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 6, 2012
Ellicott City
I've tried a couple of different sources to install this keyboard (including this one). I'm finding that the bottom half of the input field is covered up by the keyboard--particularly in Textra and Google Voice. So when typing with this keyboard, I can only see the top half of the letters being input...

There are deffinitly bugs that need to be ironed out. This landscape thing is not on my end. I installed this keyboard using a flashable zip from one thread, installed manuelly with the separate lib per android police and the stand alone version that I used to build this one. All three had the same landscape issue this one has. So IMHO I believe it is certain apps that may cause problems or Google needs to fix something. People in other threads are reporting the same problems.

If it bothers you, check out the material themes in my other thread. There is a replica of the white design built using the older more stable L release. The link is in my signature.

Sent from a Shaftamle Galaxy S4
"Thanks Button" is always appreciated!
CheckOutMyThemedGoogleKeyboards!!!!!!
Verizon: Making modders lives' miserable since 2008
MyColorScreen

djsolnok

Nov 15, 2013
Where is the download button?

I feel retarded asking this, but I seriously scrolled up and down this whole post and could not find the download link for the APK file. Where is it? Help!!!

Never mind, found it.

Last edited:

air.jmurph

Nov 15, 2012
Just Checking

This looks awesome, thanks for the sweet (hehe, Lollipop) preview! I especially love the Material Dark theme. XDA is the best for seeing the bleeding edge! :D

However, to make absolutely sure, is this keyboard safe as far as data security goes (no less secure than Google keyboard off the Play Store)? I was just wondering due to the fact that it is fairly frequent that I use my keyboard for passwords. I would prefer not having to run a Wireshark test. I generally trust senior members and XDA, but a keyboard is just a little too central to everything on your phone to jump in blindly.

Shaftamle

Nov 6, 2012
Ellicott City
This looks awesome, thanks for the sweet (hehe, Lollipop) preview! I especially love the Material Dark theme. XDA is the best for seeing the bleeding edge! :D

However, to make absolutely sure, is this keyboard safe as far as data security goes (no less secure than Google keyboard off the Play Store)? I was just wondering due to the fact that it is fairly frequent that I use my keyboard for passwords. I would prefer not having to run a Wireshark test. I generally trust senior members and XDA, but a keyboard is just a little too central to everything on your phone to jump in blindly.

Understandable.

If it makes you feel any better you can click the keyboard link in my SIG. The other thread I have has been around since 8/2013. There has been over 10,000 downloads, 200 pages of comments and zero problems. You could also compare the apk's with win merge to see what changes have been made.

In the case of this keyboard, the only thing I did was change the package name so everyone can try it out.

MyColorScreen

Last edited:
Reactions: air.jmurph

Shaftamle

Nov 6, 2012
Ellicott City
There are fixed versions, worked in landscape!!
search GoogleKeyboard 4pda, mods version 4.0.21003.1520383 works in landscape.

Thank you for the spam.
1)All links on that site are 404.
2)Its Russian
3)Root is needed and they wouldn't install on phones with stock google keyboard, which was the purpose of this thread.
4) I copied this quote directly from the site:
Google Keyboard v4.0.21003.1519572
Notes / What's New
This is the keyboard 4.0 APK with Material Design from the updated L preview.
WARNING: It will crash on devices not running Lollipop. The crash is caused by the requirement for an updated system library that shipped with Lollipop.

So I sincerely doubt it would make a difference. Its only proves what I already said, its not on my end.

MyColorScreen

Reactions: shockwaverider

Darkloks15

Feb 5, 2013
Riskware?

When installing into my phone both the system security and Lookout advise to not install because its possible riskware. Should i worry at all ? It hasnt happened before. (Moto X 2013 stock 4.4.4

srpengg

Jun 29, 2014
When installing into my phone both the system security and Lookout advise to not install because its possible riskware. Should i worry at all ? It hasnt happened before. (Moto X 2013 stock 4.4.4

totally safe...system security will warn u if u even install a backed up apk from play store ..lookout warns for every non play store app...u can use the app without any worries...

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Shaftamle

Run_dawn10

Jan 1, 2012
Halifax
Works on the Xperia Z3, 100% stock. Will also try it on my Tab S, will confirm later if it works.

EDIT: Yep, can confirm it works on my Tab.

Last edited:

Robsa

Jun 8, 2012
If it says it won't install (not just other sources) just rename the file after download. Sorted.

amrrs

Oct 20, 2014
Great!!!

Works fine in HTC One (M7) Feeling much better than Swiftkey ;)

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

well you need to go to the keyboard settings, lollipop keyboard settings, appearance and layout, and you select any of the first two to see the different keyboard! the other two are also different but eh too little. top two are boom!:good:
Personalisation with better suggestion and gesture typing much like Swiftkey or Swype.

Hider141

Feb 13, 2010
Baia Mare
It works like a charm on my Sony Xperia Z with eXistenZ 7.0.
I only wish that the swipe gesture would work with romanian language, not only with the english one (and maybe with other languages besides english).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lollipop Keyboard​
    Presented By:
    SHAFTAMLE

Welcome to Lollipop Keyboard. This thread was originally created to share a working version of the Lollipop Developer Preview Google keyboard. Since then, a newer version of the Google Keyboard, that can be installed by most, has been released on the Play Store. So rather than getting rid of a thread that generated 380,000+ downloads in 30 days, I've decided to update it instead! Why you ask? Well, now, not only can you experience the Official Google Keyboard on any phone, you can now do it with a built in number row!!!!
    • No root needed!
    • No uninstall of other Google Keyboards needed!
    • Works on Nexus, Motorola and any other phone that may have Google Keyboard preinstalled!

Rules
    PLEASE do not repost these keyboards or their links anywhere else!
    If you would like to share it with others, post the link to this thread ONLY!
    PLEASE do not use these keyboards in any ROM, Xposed Mod or other project without permission!
    If you would like to use them, PLEASE PM me first!

Special Thanks
    @PhilDX- For all his help with the initial creation of the first 123 Series Keyboards. His knowledge and help provided me the ability to add new languages and further push development in both of my threads.

Instructions
    1. Download apk
    2. Install downloaded apk
    3. Enable keyboard in language and input settings but do not make it your default keyboard yet
    4. Open Keyboard settings and select the Text Correction menu. Personalized Suggestions should be off and NEEDS to remain that way to prevent force closes. Sorry, this is a new Google Play Services limitation. There is nothing I can do about it.
    5. Now make it your default keyboard and enjoy!
    6. DONE!!

Known Bugs
    Lollipop Keyboards will force close if the "Personalized Suggestions" option is enabled in the keyboard settings. This is a limitation caused by a June 2016 Goggle Play Service update. There is nothing I can do to fix it, sorry.

FixedLandscape mode crashes on some apps. This is most likely due to the app your using and not the keyboard as landscape works on most Google apps. I'm looking into it. So if it's using latest version of Google keyboard that catches your interest, please check back.

Please check out my other thread if it's themes that you seek!
    Themed Google Keyboards!!

Themed Google Keyboards has over 150 different options to choose from! There is approximately 73 different themes, all available with or without a built in number row. 16 of the 155 different choices are Material Designs. They are all based off the play store version. There is truly a keyboard for any theme with new ones added frequently! Make sure you check it out!!

Please rate the thread and hit the "Thanks" button if this helped you out!!
    Click here to send a much appreciated donation!! Thank you and enjoy!!

Downloads​

Official Version

Lollipop Keyboard 1.2
    Based on Official Google Keyboard Release Version#: 4.0.21203.1613964

Lollipop 123 Keyboard 1.2
    Number row works on MOST languages including:
    • English
    • Spanish
    • French
    • Russian
    • Arabic
    • Swiss
    • German
    • And More!!

Lollipop Symbol Keyboard 1.2
    Symbol shortcuts work on Qwerty based keyboards including:
    • English
    • Spanish
    • Danish
    • Dutch
    • Italian
    • Swiss
    • Polish
    • Portuguese
    • Romanian
    • Slovak
    • French (Canadian)
    • And More!!

Some languages have partial functionality including:
    • French (Switzerland)
    • Italian (Switzerland)
    • German (Switzerland)
    • German

Lollipop 123Symbol Keyboard 1.2
    Number row and symbol shortcuts work on Qwerty and Qwertz based keyboards including:
    • English
    • Spanish
    • French (Qwertz)
    • Dutch
    • Italian
    • Polish
    • Portuguese
    • Romanian
    • Slovak
    • French (Canadian)
    • And More!!

Some languages have partial functionality including:
    • French (Switzerland)
    • Italian (Switzerland)
    • German (Switzerland)
    • German

Developer Preview Version
    Lollipop Google Keyboard
    Based on Final Lollipop Google Keyboard Release Version#: 4.0.21203.1613964Depreciated
    By: Shaftamle

Change Log

7/26/2016- Bug fix update! Changed the names of the 1#3 Keyboard and [email protected]# Keyboard to avoid confusion. Fixed the keyboards that were not working on tablets. Deactivated the "Personalized Suggestion" feature by default to help avoid force closes. You still need to open Text Corrections menu upon first installation to avoid/stop force closing. Only now, the option is already deactivated. Enjoy!!

1/10/2016- Introducing, Lollipop 1#3 Keyboard 1.1!! Just like the original Lollipop Keyboard but with a dedicated number row AND built in long press symbol shortcuts!! Currently supporting Qwerty based keyboard layouts!! Enjoy!!

4/24/2015- Introducing, Lollipop [email protected]# Keyboard 1.1!! Just like the original Lollipop Keyboard but with long press shortcuts for symbols included on the main keys!! Currently supporting Qwerty based keyboard layouts!! Enjoy!!

12/12/2014- Lollipop Keyboard Version 1.1 released! Based on new Play Store Version #4.0.21203.1613964! Also, fixed number row not showing up on tablets in landscape mode. Added screen shots to main thread! Enjoy!!

12/2/2014- Lollipop Keboard updated to official Google Keyboard version # 4.0.21173.1568296! Force close in landscape fixed!
    Also introducing, Lollipop 123 Keyboard!! Just like the original Lollipop Keyboard but with a built in number row!!

10/18/2014- Lollipop Keyboard released, based on final Android L Developer Preview. Google Keyboard version # 4.0.21003.1519572
    New keyboard is posted!! Check out Lollipop 1#3 Keyboard!! Built in number row AND symbol shortcuts as promised! Sorry for the delay and thank you all for your support!! ENJOY!

149ThemedGoogleKeyboards!!!!!!
    Eclipse ROM fatness!
    MyColorScreen
    Unfortunately, its not looking good for the immediate future of this project. Any recompilation of Google Keyboard 4.1 and up breaks sync capabilities. Therefore, there will no longer be updates coinciding with Google Keyboard releases. If something changes or I find a fix/workaround I will gladly update this thread with the newest version.

There will be one more release which will include a number row keyboard with built in symbols as requested by many. The final release will be based on the last usable Google Keyboard and will include many new languages for all available keyboard options.

Thank you all for your support! :thumbup:

149ThemedGoogleKeyboards!!!!!!
    Eclipse ROM fatness!
    MyColorScreen