• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
Search This thread

Foxhunter123

Jan 21, 2008
Does anyone know how to start the cameraapp without any melody playing...? (using the dedicated camera button)

(I also need to find how to close all apps with one press - and YES it is needed as eg. Lifelog sometimes CANNOT update before all apps are closed and this is also the case with other apps like Instagram, Facebook).

Dare I say that the auto brightness is also gone...? (WHY???) :confused:

Last edited:

hispanico957

Mar 14, 2011
Yes dont have Custom Recovery is bad, but not have the ability to install Xposed Framework even more, for the many customizations that I could have more. Then read, ask and test and here's how I did it to get Lollipop, Root and Xposed.

A) Build file with firmware and root (with PRFCreator)
B) Put the zip thus created on the phone's internal memory
C) On the same i put also file xposed-arm-20150308.zip (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3034811)
D) Reboot in Recovery
E) Select wipe cache and dalwik
F) Did flash Firmware
G) At this point always from Recovery flash file xposed-arm-20150308.zip
H) Again wipe cache and dalwik
I) Reboot system and waiting system updatae
L) Verify if all run and i installed il file XposedInstaller_3.0-alpha2.apk to activate l'exposed framework

:) Update to LolliPop, with previous settings, app, root e xposed :)

Hispanico

_katho_

Jan 24, 2010
Yes dont have Custom Recovery is bad, but not have the ability to install Xposed Framework even more, for the many customizations that I could have more. Then read, ask and test and here's how I did it to get Lollipop, Root and Xposed.

A) Build file with firmware and root (with PRFCreator)
B) Put the zip thus created on the phone's internal memory
C) On the same i put also file xposed-arm-20150308.zip (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3034811)
D) Reboot in Recovery
E) Select wipe cache and dalwik
F) Did flash Firmware
G) At this point always from Recovery flash file xposed-arm-20150308.zip
H) Again wipe cache and dalwik
I) Reboot system and waiting system updatae
L) Verify if all run and i installed il file XposedInstaller_3.0-alpha2.apk to activate l'exposed framework

:) Update to LolliPop, with previous settings, app, root e xposed :)

Hispanico
As you don't have recovery (atm) can you update xposed (when updates released) from within xposed in the meanwhile? Or are you stuck with the one flashed?

/rooted lollipop. :)

Tapatalked

tribemac

Nov 19, 2012
As you don't have recovery (atm) can you update xposed (when updates released) from within xposed in the meanwhile? Or are you stuck with the one flashed?

/rooted lollipop. :)

Tapatalked
You're stucked with the one you flashed. But a working recovery doesn't seem to be to far away so wouldn't be a problem.

QBerto

Sep 30, 2013
On topic....

well... actually I'm impressed, is the first time I see a Sony update with no bugs at all
The integration of SonyUI with Material Design is almost perfect, nothing looks out of place like others OEMs's customizations (well,,, TouchWiz always look out of place imao xD). Performance is better that KK (and as a plus, AnTuTu gives me score of 46k vs 40-41k on KK, but benchmarks are... well u know), and never see any lag with tons of open apps, but I thinks is hard to make lag such a great phone since KK.
Is good have a multiuser support, apps2sd (but could be better), an estimated time for full charge; and I think the new notifications/quick settings bar is good, and actually all lollipop is... "cute" xD. Also, the camera is... maybe the same, but is a little faster (never had the pink thing before btw)

Now, there are some things... not bad, but could be better: first of all (and I think the only sony-related) Sony integrated Update Center in What's New, that sucks, but is not big deal, is a way to make us use their useless app.
The second I think just need to get used, and is about sound; if u see there's no "Sound" option in quick settings or turn off menu, so the only way to put the phone in silence is pressing volume up or down, and selecting Silent (no sounds at all), Priority (where u can choose what will sound, in settings>Sounds&Notifications>Interruptions u can configure) or Normal, problem is when u're playing music, because the volume menu is for media now, not call/notification sounds, and the three options will not appear (still u can set silence in Settings>Sounds&Notifications, but is not fast as it was on KK).
The third (that actually makes a lot of sense) is that if you activate an Accessibility Service (e.g. TalkBack) u can't set any Screen Lock (like patterno, PIN, etc.) more than Swipe... in my case this is bad, because Greenify needs and accessbility service to work.
As a fourth, I don't know why Location-Based Wi-Fi is gone, but the good part is that at least in KK for me didn't work as intended. A quick fifth is that the only way to activate/deactivate auto-brightness is activating Adaptive Brightness in Settings>Display, wich is a little more laborious than before.
The last one is with no-lollipop apps, where actually doesn't seem integrated (for example with a ugly blue bar on top), but with some time this will be solved (or I think)

Now.... maybe u read all that trying to get an opinion about battery life.... and the stupid dude that write all that doesn't talk about that! (what a douche! xD)
Actually, imao is just stupid talk about battery life with ONE day of use, but if u want something, I can say is a little better, because I go to work with 89% battery (~7:30am), and after viewing all settings, and lurking lollipop, installing some apps, playing as usual, giving an usual use (lol) get back to home with almost 25% (~10:00pm), the same on KK, but I'm sure I used more the phone...... but after all, is just ONE day...

Oh and I almost forgot,,, one weird thing was that when I conected NC-headphones and turn on radio, the radio just sound when the screen was off.... when I turn on screen, the radio shows like working, but can-t hear anything xD.... tomorrow will test again..

And that's all I can say until now... greetings dudes!!

So, here quoting my own post for day two

I can confirm the radio bug, and it sucks, this needs a quick update to solve, every time I turn on the screen the sound stop playing (but not working), is SO annoying, need ppl to say this is just an error for me (so I flash again) or is a bug for all.
And for now I find a new "bug", when you set the lockscreen to pattern, pin or password, u can't go back to swipe to unlock, because "disabled by administrator, encryption policy or credential storage" wich is absurd (Xperia E1 has this bug too). As a note, when u set one of this unlock methods, the Smart Lock appears in Settings>Security.
And the last for today, I think the stereo speakers are a little louder.... a little, but need to confirm with a KK Z3c...
No battery usage for today, forgot to charge last night and have to charge at work xD

b_boy_9x

Oct 31, 2011
after reading all of your posts here, I decide to keep waiting more stable version & can be rooted, use xposed. The main function I need most is double tap status bar to lock :p

Sichroteph

Mar 15, 2009
So far I like a lot this rom, but I can't really compare since I moved from the z1 compact yesterday [emoji1]

Can you please help me on this print screen?
I always have an icon on my status bar (a round with a line, like a stop sign)

Can you tell me what is it? And maybe how I can remove it?
uploadfromtaptalk1426751641924.png

1Chef

Oct 10, 2012
So far I like a lot this rom, but I can't really compare since I moved from the z1 compact yesterday [emoji1]

Can you please help me on this print screen?
I always have an icon on my status bar (a round with a line, like a stop sign)

Can you tell me what is it? And maybe how I can remove it?
View attachment 3218262
That's no notifications, Google changed how notifications work in lollipop and you have non (no access sign) priority (star sign) and all so either the vibrate icon or no icon. With non no notifications will go off not even alarms (clever I know. To change hit volume up then tap silent , priority or sound. anyway enjoy lollipop :)

Reactions: Sichroteph

Sichroteph

Mar 15, 2009
Thanks for your answers. Great community here. I guess I'll wait for xposed to remove this icon since I am always in silent mode thanks to the Pebble.

xedonis

Apr 26, 2013
Is it just me, or doesn't the stamina-mode work as it did in KitKat? I (usually) always keep stamina-mode on, with WIFI off when the screen is off. I loved this feature as it saved my battery with the benefit of disabling distractions while I was at work, but still alerted me to calls and sms.

After updating to 5.0.2, WIFI is always on, as confirmed by the battery stats and notifications I receive from snapchat and messenger while the screen is off. Anyone else have the same issue?

pilauda

Aug 20, 2012
Belgrade
After update on lollipop i transferred my games and some of my apps to SD card but the problem is when i restart my phone all icons of those app are deleted from desktop and need to reput them again, its very annoying

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
Is it just me, or doesn't the stamina-mode work as it did in KitKat? I (usually) always keep stamina-mode on, with WIFI off when the screen is off. I loved this feature as it saved my battery with the benefit of disabling distractions while I was at work, but still alerted me to calls and sms.

After updating to 5.0.2, WIFI is always on, as confirmed by the battery stats and notifications I receive from snapchat and messenger while the screen is off. Anyone else have the same issue?
did you go to wifi advanced settings and disabled "wifi always on when screen is off"??

Reactions: xedonis

kind3r

Mar 30, 2009

Did you activate Extended standby to turn off wifi and data while screen is off ?

Reactions: xedonis

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm the first one to get the update...

Hurray...

What do you think of it? Let us know here.

Hit "Thank" button if it was a good news for you ;)
    The long press to bring advance settings on the WiFi or Battery or any other settings in the notification drop down menu is gone :(

You can click under the icon where the text is ;)
    My initial experiences: Unbranded USA firmware

hello all....

after waiting forever for the OTA, i decided to use flashtool and the unbranded USA FTF to update my D5803 from Clove (UK unbraded original firmware). i've been reading on here of so many users having issues or complaining about the updates that i thought i'd post a positive experience.

First off, I've been on android since 2.0, before Gingerbread, before Froyo. This taught me two big things when doing any OTA to a major version: 1. upgrading exisiting setups/apps ALWAYS causes unforseen issues. 2. backup and wipe before attempting.

Prior to updating my Z3 Compact w/the USA Unbranded; i did a full factory wipe of my Z3 Compact. Removed my microSD card and also removed all android related folders on it (ie android, data, other app related folders) but left the DCIM (photos/videos) and my other music and movies folders.

I then updated to Lollipop via Flashtool. The update took about 5 minutes and i let it reboot and then rebuild the app caches. After that, I then logged into my Google and other accounts. I then redownloaded my fave apps and then my amazon apps. I drained the battery down to about 20% and then charged overnight.

Today, my Z3 Compact performs JUST AS GOOD as it did on 4.4.4. Yes, some of the settings have moved around but all previous features that i used are still in the new lollipop builds: ie Miracasting, Screen Mirroring via WiDi, DLNA client and server, Wifi sharing/direct, nfc. Smart unlock options are very handy for us w/BT in our cars.

I'll post my battery stats once i do a full drain (prob by this weekend) but again, my Z3 Compact after the update runs smooth as butter and i was able to remove nearly all of the bloatware installed too (AVG, Crackle, etc) except the whats new.

To those having issues; i blame a bad app for the problem and a full wipe and restart most likely will resolve the issues. I am our companies MDM administrator and have had several nexus 5 users do the upgrade and have horrible performance, fc issues and once they did a full reset/wipe and resetup those issues were gone.
    No bugs here. I love it :')

Sent from my D5803 using XDA Free mobile app
    So has anyone started a thread for 5.1 yet.....I might go start complaining there because 5.1 is taking so long....