• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Lollipop Kernel Full_Auto AOSP/CM

Search This thread

thelegbra

Nov 30, 2011
just reporting: flashed twrp 2.8.6 maguro using the flash zip option from my previous twrp, nothing is wiped but i cannot mount partitions from recovery, system data sdcard nada. i can reboot into the normal system with no problem.

the console shows the following in twrp:

Code:
E:Primary block device '/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.0/by-name/userdata' for mount point '/data' is not present!
E:Unable to mount '/data'
E:Unable to recreate /data/media folder.
E:Unable to find partition size for '/misc'
E:Unable to find partition size for '/boot'
E:Unable to find partition size for '/recovery'
E:Unable to find partition size for '/sbl'
E:Unable to find partition size for '/xloader'
E:Unable to find partition size for '/radio'
E:Unable to find partition size for '/efs'
Updating partition details...
E:Unable to mount '/system'
E:Unable to mount '/cache'
...done
E:Unable to mount storage.
E:Unable to mount /data/media during GUI startup.
Full SELinux support is present.
E:Unable to set emmc bootloader message.
E:Unable to mount /data/media/TWRP/.twrps when trying to read settings file.
MTP Enabled

Reactions: bsmitty83

wbedard

Jul 22, 2010
just reporting: flashed twrp 2.8.6 maguro using the flash zip option from my previous twrp, nothing is wiped but i cannot mount partitions from recovery, system data sdcard nada. i can reboot into the normal system with no problem.
[Update: Looking at your post more closely, if you're not able to mount /system, then the following post may not apply to you. It only refers to a minor side-effect of having an encrypted device with a TWRP recovery.]

Same here. As far as I know, this is a known bug in TWRP (see their forums and Google+ community...). While this mostly affects one's ability to flash downloaded ZIP packages, I have been working around it by moving them to a USB stick and mounting that from TWRP.

BTW, I haven't followed this issue too closely but I think it may only be a problem for devices that were encrypted under KitKat but later upgraded to Lollipop. Since TWRP added support for LP encrypted devices a while ago, I suspect that a factory reset followed by re-encrypting under LP might work around this bug. Testing this has been on my "todo" list for a while... just haven't made time for it.

R/
wbedard

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Here's R13 , I'll add it to the downloads section whenever XDA gets their $hit together and actully lets me upload without an error message :rolleyes: ...
Hey @bsmitty83 !
Could you also prepare a kernel image with SELinux in enforcing mode as you did before? There's no particular hurry...just whenever you have the time! Thanks in advance...:>)

R/
wbedard

Last edited:

Punkiderma

Oct 15, 2010
Turin
I use the kernels stock settings . GPU 512 , interactive gov , on demand GPU , sioplus io , 768 rab , fsync off , throttle on 80 , zram on since its more stable now but zram won't really affect benchmarks much

Also I should mention I did add some mount flags to data and cache f2fs on my phone that stock FML isn't on , specifically nobarrier , inline data , and discard , so that could factor in as well

How much zram do you reserve? 72 mb?

Also, synapse for me fail to activate zram, it says "sseekbar has failed" and then "can't create sys/block/zram0/" and something liek this. What can I do?

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Nexus 7 (2013)
How much zram do you reserve? 72 mb?

Also, synapse for me fail to activate zram, it says "sseekbar has failed" and then "can't create sys/block/zram0/" and something liek this. What can I do?

Reset Synapse from the Backup & Restore page and then immediately reboot. It's usually a leftover settings issue.

Reactions: Punkiderma

thelegbra

Nov 30, 2011
[Update: Looking at your post more closely, if you're not able to mount /system, then the following post may not apply to you. It only refers to a minor side-effect of having an encrypted device with a TWRP recovery.]

Same here. As far as I know, this is a known bug in TWRP (see their forums and Google+ community...). While this mostly affects one's ability to flash downloaded ZIP packages, I have been working around it by moving them to a USB stick and mounting that from TWRP.

BTW, I haven't followed this issue too closely but I think it may only be a problem for devices that were encrypted under KitKat but later upgraded to Lollipop. Since TWRP added support for LP encrypted devices a while ago, I suspect that a factory reset followed by re-encrypting under LP might work around this bug. Testing this has been on my "todo" list for a while... just haven't made time for it.

R/
wbedard

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Hey @bsmitty83 !
Could you also prepare a kernel image with SELinux in enforcing mode as you did before? There's no particular hurry...just whenever you have the time! Thanks in advance...:>)

R/
wbedard

even though you said that it doesn't apply to me, just wanted to clarify and give info about it :p i have never used encryption at all.

Djalaal

Sep 14, 2012
The recovery works for me too in maguro.
TWRP 2.8.6 and R13 working great on my toro....all ext4!
How did you guys flash the new recovery? Using .zip from old recovery, or using .img in fastboot?

This is quite strange. I've encountered no such issues. In fact, I flashed Full Auto R13 using the new recovery. Other people reported it works fine too. What happens if you flash the recovery.img from fastboot?

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Nexus 7 (2013)
Is not working, and now I see I can't even save a backup of my config, even if I have the latest busybox

EDIT: I can save profiles, but I get some errors about KSM while backing up

Try it again, it's finicky. Try Restart Synapse first. Also make sure you're using my latest injector zip. I just uploaded a couple fixes the other day.

bsmitty83

Apr 22, 2012
Detroit

R/
wbedard

Hey @bsmitty83 !

R/
wbedard

here you go

christianpeso

Sep 20, 2007
R13 added to the downloads section (finally) .......

Using your Toro 2.8.6 recovery, changing /data and /cache to f2fs shows successful, but after sideloading a ROM and booting back up, all info is still on the phone and I remember when I did this before it actually wiped my device. When I booted back into recovery, /cache and /data were showing ext4 again. Dont think changing to f2fs is working with this recovery.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

EDIT:

Flashed back a 2.8.4 image with F2FS that I had and formatted /cache and /data F2FS and restarted and all was wiped from my phone as supposed. Booted back into recovery and both are still showing F2FS. Your recovery is not formatting correctly I believe on Toro.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Full_Auto.....
    A Lollipop/Marshmallow Kernel for the surviving Galaxy Nexus'

Hello Again , Here's a kernel I put together for myself to run Android 5.0/6.0 , and for anyone else who wishes to try
    I started with the last stock Google jellybean source code , added the OmapZoom updates from @Ziyan and @MWisBest , then started adding back some things from my other kernels .

The Usual
    Linux 3.0.101
    DDK 1.9
    Overclock/Underclock CPU and GPU
    Adjustable Voltages
    SmartReflex
    Zram
    Fsync
    Multiple Governors , IoSchedulers , TCP congestion controllers
    Color Control
    Temperature And Throttle Control

and so on

Many thanks to All of the Omap4 guys , all the Nexus users , and all of the developers who's commits I've used .

DOWNLOADS

**Check the DevDB downloads page for R1**

**NOTE the FML-boot version is a full boot image , for the "others" kernel it is in Anykernel format . Please be aware of this **

As Most are aware of my last thread , I'm ok with Ot or Whatever , just mind the XDA rules and be cool with everyone
    Enjoy , There's always more to come

XDA:DevDB Information
    Kernel-Full_Auto , Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Contributors
    bsmitty83
    Source Code: https://github.com/bsmitty83/Kernel_Tuna_AOSP

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: all
    Stable Release Date: 2015-01-05

Created 2015-01-05
    Last Updated 2016-03-02
    Op updated with R17 in the downloads

- removed some unnecessary governors and io-schedulers
    - added touchboost and cpuboost
    - switched to xz kernel compression
    - switched back to GPADC multi-function driver now that it is fixed
    - added a no debugging version to cut down on kernel size and maybe a little better cpu performance
    - enabled -Ofast math makefile flags
    - hopefully fixed Zram , has been stable on my toro , but its not my primary device anymore so I havent tested zram under a normal use .

if I forgot anything , check my commit history on github for the whole run down

Sorry for not being around the site more , lifes been pretty busy for me . between my wife and 4 year old daughter and 1 year old son , plus that thing called work , I've been pretty tied up .

Enjoy and as always let me know how they work for you
    I'm not sure why antutu is not verified anymore . but the fact is that I really don't care lol . I'm OK with it bring discussed and figuring out why in the thread , I just personally don't have the time or want to . my main focus will be on better boot behavior for all , not just toro , and fixing zram . after that maybe , but once i finally re-retire my nexus , I'm going to focus on a 3.4 kernel . even if by the time we see one there will be very few users left , it should be done . the greatest nexus in the family tree should end its days resting on my table ,on a decently new kernel IMHO
    So with Smitty's new kernel I present some slightly revised test settings. Also, R6 is insane fast, I almost feel like homescreen swiping is too quick lol, I tried opening a bunch of apps and closing them to test for redraws and I've yet to have one! Enjoy! :D

New Revised test settings

Changelist:
    - switched to sioplus I/O Scheduler
    - changed GPU governer back to on3demand
    - giving zram turned on a try one more time (per Smitty's recommendation)

Full_Auto Kernel Test Settings v5:

westwood
    sioplus

Read Ahead Buffer: 768 (The results for RAB will vary so experiment and find one that works best for you if mine do not yield preferred results.)
    Dyninteractive
    Min: 250mhz
    Max: 1520mhz
    Max Screen Off: 550mhz
    Min Screen On: 350mhz
    Content Adaptive Brightness: On
    Force Fast Charge: Off
    Vibrator Strength: 90
    FSYNC: Off
    Tempature Limit: 70
    GPU Governor: on3demand
    GPU: 512mhz
    ZRAM: On
    Smartreflex: All On (MPU undervolted by 25 across the board, IVA and Core leave at default)
    Core Min Calibrated Voltage: 810
    IVA Min Calibrated Voltage: 810
    MPU Min Calibrated Voltage: 810
    VAUX3_6030: 2700
    VMMC: 1300

[with any undervolting there is a risk of freezing and/or SOD's, not all devices play nice with lower voltages so if you find that you are encountering issues just return to stock]

Lollipop Minfrees:
    (Be advised, you must have the Donation version of Trickster Mod in order to add minfree settings)

Forground App: 50
    Visible App: 70
    Secondary Server: 116
    Hidden App: 130
    Content Provider: 165
    Empty App: 370

These minfrees have been tested on the latest Full_Auto Lollipop kernels but should work just as well on all other lollipop kernels.

You can find the color settings I use in the OP of my Custom Kernel Settings thread linked in my signature.

I hope these work out a little smoother for everyone, sioplus seems to be helping with any lag that may be present​