[LolliPop][Prerooted flashable zip][23.1.A.0.690][Z2 tablet SGP511]

Search This thread

kulvertti

Dec 28, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hi

Here is flasable zip file wich install latest ROM 23.1.A.0.690 which is LolliPop and region is customized NCB, latest stable SuperSu v2.46 and latest fully working Dualrecovery 2.89 for Tablet Z2 with read and write acces to system.

Make nandroid backup before flashing.
Install it by flashing whole zip file with custom recovery TWRP recommend.
Factory reset is to recommend.
Here is the link:

If you allready are in LolliPop firmware without working recovery you need to downgrade you firmware first to rootable firmware.
1. Download rootable .314 firmware here: https://mega.nz/#!ZdoklTKD!i8Go-UqaVVt-RIEaRsi5p2ploLPUWaagYirEJJAqKKg and flash it via Flashtool.
2. Root your device with tool you choose. (Dualrecovery installer option 3, Easy Root Tool, Giefroot or other).
3. Install SuperSu to your device from Play store if your root tool don´t do it.
4. Install Dualrecovery with installer if you haven´t allready.
5. Resume your KitKat nandroid backup with custom recovery.
6. Flash prerooted .690 firmware with custom recovery.
7. Before booting up wipe cache/dalvik cache.
8. Boot your device and you are done.

Credits: @Androxyde @Chainfire @[NUT] @LaguCool @zxz0O0

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,946
Last edited:

ImAnurag

Aug 10, 2011
New Delhi
GizmoBolt.com
Google Pixel 2 XL
Hi

Here is flasable zip file wich install latest ROM 23.1.A.0.690 which is LollyPop and region is customized NCB, latest stable SuperSu v2.46 and latest Dualrecovery 2.83 for Tablet Z2 with read/write acces to system. At the moment Dualrecovery don´t work but [NUT] is working on it.
Install it by flashing whole zip file with custom recovery. Factory reset is to recommend.
Here is the link:https://mega.co.nz/#!9ZIkBZBb!fiDxl5rRU3grHL70MxLW8mXs3B7ORvzfvxdiT3bkNtM

Great work :) Could you please upload one about phone screenshot ?

RoberM

Oct 12, 2011
ESPAÑA
Which was the name of the tool to make this flashable prerooted roms?, i will need to do a SGP512 one for Spain country when it is available.

any advice when making it, kulvertti?

thecrunked

May 8, 2013

kulvertti

Dec 28, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Which was the name of the tool to make this flashable prerooted roms?, i will need to do a SGP512 one for Spain country when it is available.

Here we go. First you have to download firmware from Sony servers. There are multiple way to do that. For example you can do it by official way using Sony Pc Companion or community tools like Flashtool or quite genious XperiFirm. Downloaded firmware is encrypted and it must be decrypt first. for this you can use Flashtool but if you download with XperiFirm it can do for you automaticly. Next thing to do is make .ftf which can be flashed via Flashtool. To do that use Flashtool. To make it prerooted, I know two methods. There is great quide by @[NUT] in Sony Cross-Device Development General section which explain the whole thing and then there is tool cold PRFCreator which basicly do the work for you if it succeed. With newest Sony firmware there is lastly one problem to figured out which is that you have to disable Sonyric to have write acces to system. Dualrecovery do it for you but as @[NUT] haven´t yet updated latest firmwares to it you have add your device version number manualy to dualrecovery installation file tmp folder file called "installdisableric.sh". Or find other way to disable Sonyric for example adding it Sonyric disabler seperately to the flashable.zip. At the moment though this isn´t enough to make write acces to system and we have to wait that dualrecovery is fixed or figure out some other way to do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: RoberM

RoberM

Oct 12, 2011
ESPAÑA
Here we go. First you have to download firmware from Sony servers. There are multiple way to do that. For example you can do it by official way using Sony Pc Companion or community tools like Flashtool or quite genious XperiFirm. Downloaded firmware is encrypted and it must be decrypt first. for this you can use Flashtool but if you download with XperiFirm it can do for you automaticly. Next thing to do is make .ftf which can be flashed via Flashtool. To do that use Flashtool. To make it prerooted, I know two methods. There is great quide by @[NUT] in Sony Cross-Device Development General section which explain the whole thing and then there is tool cold PRFCreator which basicly do the work for you if it succeed. With newest Sony firmware there is lastly one problem to figured out which is that you have to disable Sonyric to have write acces to system. Dualrecovery do it for you but as @[NUT] haven´t yet updated latest firmwares to it you have add your device version number manualy to dualrecovery installation file tmp folder file called "installdisableric.sh". Or find other way to disable Sonyric for example adding it Sonyric disabler seperately to the flashable.zip.

Yeah, thanks a lot, i know everything about xperifirm, making a ftf and stuff, what i really needed to know was the prfcreator tool name (i heard about it months a go and i didn't remember), and if there was anything special to do to make it work, like some manual editing on the install script, or what you mentioned about RIC service and dualrecovery.

Thanks again!

CAL7

Jun 1, 2010
I'm so addicted to @[NUT] 's dual recovery, I've forgotten what it's like to be without it. If I flash your (THANK YOU, by the way!) zip, what will be the steps once NUT updates the dual recovery? Just flash it, or will enabling rw be more complicated?

thecrunked

May 8, 2013
We will see. I will update the thread when we have solution to this.

is there a compatible version of xposed for this release. I heard it was working on android 5.0 but i got an error when i tried to install the framework. i am aware this release is 5.02 but i cant find any info on what specific versions xposed is compatible with.

Looks awesome! You said the zip comes with the latest dual recovery but it doesnt work? How would i flash my old nandroid backup then?
Or does it mean I should flash a different recovery like: http://xdaforums.com/xperia-z2-tabl...wrp-cwm-philz-recovery-collection-z2-t3052676 then I'd have a working recovery on Lollipop?

EDIT: Also can I dirty flash this? I would rather keep all my homescreens, apps n such
is there a compatible version of xposed for this release. I heard it was working on android 5.0 but i got an error when i tried to install the framework. i am aware this release is 5.02 but i cant find any info on what specific versions xposed is compatible with.
Well on my OnePlus One I had to flash the framework in TWRP after I installed the apk, so maybe its the same

Last edited:

kulvertti

Dec 28, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Correct version of Xposed should work at least with this trick http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=58974714&postcount=2318. But as mentioned you have hard time to install it without working recovery.

kulvertti

Dec 28, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Looks awesome! You said the zip comes with the latest dual recovery but it doesnt work? How would i flash my old nandroid backup then?
Or does it mean I should flash a different recovery like: http://xdaforums.com/xperia-z2-tabl...wrp-cwm-philz-recovery-collection-z2-t3052676 then I'd have a working recovery on Lollipop?
Nandroid backup is quite handy when something goes wrong. I have already have bootloops when trying something and have to wipe everything, go back to firmware version .314, root it, install custom recovery, flash my backup and again this rom, without loosing any of my data. So, make nandroid backup. I don´t think that version of custom recovery that you are linking work either without update. @[NUT] is working on this and I´m sure we soon have working recovery.

Also can I dirty flash this? I would rather keep all my homescreens, apps n such
Yes you can.

Nandroid backup is quite handy when something goes wrong. I have already have bootloops when trying something and have to wipe everything, go back to firmware version .314, root it, install custom recovery, flash my backup and again this rom, without loosing any of my data. So, make nandroid backup. I don´t think that version of custom recovery that you are linking work either without update. @[NUT] is working on this and I´m sure we soon have working recovery.

Yes you can.

You've had bootloops on Lollipop?
I think i'll just wait for [NUT] to get the recovery working first :) Thanks for the reply though!

Lol. No I don't have bootloops on normal use of LP and yes I have bootloops when trying something experimential [emoji6] which is quite normal with any firmware. Nothing to worry about mate.

Ah ok awesome!
So if i flashed it now, would I be able to get a recovery working for it later or should i just wait to get the package all in one? :)

T-junk

Nov 23, 2009
Nova Zembla
Answering your question, no you have pre-rooted flashed so aslong as you dont break that part :) it will be possible to flash NUT's recovery through the -installer.zip version instead of the -flashable.zip version which you probably do now to update the recovery in most efficient way. No need to hesitate :D

Happy flashing ;)

Answering your question, no you have pre-rooted flashed so aslong as you dont break that part :) it will be possible to flash NUT's recovery through the -installer.zip version instead of the -flashable.zip version which you probably do now to update the recovery in most efficient way. No need to hesitate :D

Happy flashing ;)

Not exactly sure what the -installer.zip version is but ill trust you! Downloading it now :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

Here is flasable zip file wich install latest ROM 23.1.A.0.690 which is LolliPop and region is customized NCB, latest stable SuperSu v2.46 and latest fully working Dualrecovery 2.89 for Tablet Z2 with read and write acces to system.

Install it by flashing whole zip file with custom recovery TWRP recommend.
    Factory reset is to recommend.
    Here is the link:

If you allready are in LolliPop firmware without working recovery you need to downgrade you firmware first to rootable firmware.
    1. Download rootable .314 firmware here: https://mega.nz/#!ZdoklTKD!i8Go-UqaVVt-RIEaRsi5p2ploLPUWaagYirEJJAqKKg and flash it via Flashtool.
    2. Root your device with tool you choose. (Dualrecovery installer option 3, Easy Root Tool, Giefroot or other).
    3. Install SuperSu to your device from Play store if your root tool don´t do it.
    4. Install Dualrecovery with installer if you haven´t allready.
    5. Resume your KitKat nandroid backup with custom recovery.
    6. Flash prerooted .690 firmware with custom recovery.
    7. Before booting up wipe cache/dalvik cache.
    8. Boot your device and you are done.

Credits: @Androxyde @Chainfire @[NUT] @LaguCool @zxz0O0
    We have working dualrecovery again thanks to @zxz0O0 .
    You need to download the fix from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=59879026#post59879026
    Unzip byeselinux.zip file to your pc.
    Connect your device to pc with usb debugging on and run bye.bat script.
    Your device should reboot and you have working dualrecovery back.
    I will update prerooted firmware when @[NUT] add this to his next version of dualrecovery.

No need for this anymore.
    I have one bug - dunno if its coz i dirty flashed or not.... but my status bar is blue in apps that dont have status bar coloring instead of the standard black :/ weird
    Might be annoying but more like feature. Have you tried different themes as @WarCow mentioned or different home launchers? As @thecrunked taught Xposed with right module could fix this.

Is there a way to get system rw if we flashed it before it was updated to include it? I dont want to have to reflash and get everything back up and running again
    With unlocked bootloader yes. With locked bootloader maybe. Problem here is that you have to find a way to kill Sony ric when your device boot. Dualrecovery do it for you by installing busybox and @[NUT]´s disable ric script wich needs busybox to work. Here is the link for flashable script to disable ric if you are interested:

So with locked bootloader you basicly need to push those files (busybox + script) to system partition without write acces to system. Maybe possible with ADB. Or you may found another way to kill Sony ric. With Sony Lollipop there is also problem with SELinux wich is the cause we don´t have custom recovery for locked bootloader at moment. It doesn´t influence to system r/w though. Let see if @[NUT] found solution to this.

Since xposed is no longer compatible with 5.0(?),ill wait up for a newer update. Thanx though :good:
    As my bro @MJFox78 said there is xposed for Lollipop. It is alpha version and there might be problems with it. First one is how to install it without custom recovery. With locked bootloader it can be done by flashing it right after you have flashed prerooted firmware but before you boot your device first time. There are some report saying it´s working and some it isn´t. Someone report that it works only if you wipe dalvik cache on every boot. With unlocked bootloader it most likely is much easier. At the moment it might be good idea to wait that xposed is developed further and we have working recovery for locked bootloader unless you are not afraid of hickups.

http://xdaforums.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/tool-prfcreator-easily-create-pre-t2859904
    http://xdaforums.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/pc-xperifirm-xperia-firmware-downloader-t2834142
    and flashtool
    OP updated. I update prerooted firmware with latest Dualrecovery 2.87 which work out of the box without other script.