Lollipop ROM ... FAKE or REAL??

Search This thread

scarsofapathy

Mar 26, 2013
I just came across this tutorial, whoever wrote it claims that they rewrote the steps for the lollipop ROM from XDA

http://www.upgrade-lollipop.org/mp3-0/lg-g-flex-5806.html

"I rewrite this tutorial from xdaforums.com :"

only a few comments tho, in broken english. and i dont see any link back to an XDA article..... i sure cant find it here in the forums so i suppose either i'm blind or this is some BS.

Anybody know more about it??

charleswesde

Jul 29, 2009
Seems a little suspect, if there's a working lollipop ROM you'll see it here first. The poster also doesn't state what variant of g flex it's for. If you're that curious tho go ahead and flash it. Make sure you do a backup and know how to recovery your device if things go south. My guess is the files you download won't be a ROM and/ or it won't flash at all. Be sure to report back should you decide to go thru with it.

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Free mobile app

Murshad007

Apr 30, 2012
Lahore
Xiaomi Poco F3
Already seen this article on two websites.
But didn't find a link on XDA so I thinks it must be a scam

Sent from My LG G Flex LG-F340K Stock KitKat V20D in LTE Network using XDA Free Mobile app

mattwheat

Oct 25, 2012
BIRMINGHAM
Tried downloading but takes you directly to a survey but link says its a www.goo.gl site. Never been redirected to a survey trying to download from goo. Its gotta be fake.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

You can't even leave a comment. There us no send / post / reply button. This is bogus as s#!+

Reactions: Eun-Hjzjined

charleswesde

Jul 29, 2009
Yep some sucker preying on us desperate G Flex users, at least they got a few clicks out of it.

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Free mobile app

AlienSexGod

Aug 5, 2007
Uranus
Samsung Galaxy S10+
FAKE

It's a fake blog site saying they have lollipop for many popular phones (they have many different fake posts). They try to gain credibility from saying it's a repost from XDA dev but the rom isn't here ... why because it's all BS!

The "comments" under the "blog post" are actually an image, you can't reply to any one of them.

They make their money via the download links forcing you to sign up three times to premium SMS services costing a fortune. I doubt the dl is even a real rom of Kitkat even! No point trying it out.. it's a waste of time! :eek:

hp79

Nov 14, 2007
Tigard, OR
Of course it's fake. If you see something like this that they ask you to do this and that to get access to the file, it's fake. You're a moron if you really went through all that believing it's real.

There are several other sites too, which the same person seems to be operating.

lollipop-rom

being just a few I encountered, and reported to Google search using web spam report extension.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-webspam-report-by/efinmbicabejjhjafeidhfbojhnfiepj

ekambs

Nov 25, 2014
Copenhagen
Need for LG G Flex Lollipop custom rom :crying::crying::crying:

Hi everyone , I am looking for a custom Lollipop rom for my LG G Flex D955. I have tried to seach everywere can not find I really need your help guy, Thank you for your advice.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download and dissect it or post it here to let a dev check it out...
    Tried downloading but takes you directly to a survey but link says its a www.goo.gl site. Never been redirected to a survey trying to download from goo. Its gotta be fake.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

You can't even leave a comment. There us no send / post / reply button. This is bogus as s#!+