Lollipop update leaks out (Screenshots & videos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fr3d0x

May 7, 2009
Thanks to: @smederevoboy

Thanks to: @albannotosska

Judging from a leaked screenshot, that LG G2 Lollipop update shouldn't be far behind the G3 one, at least for the Korean models, which are obviously going to get the update first.

Source: http://www.phonearena.com/news/LG-G2-Android-5.0-Lollipop-update-leaks-out_id64038

Info thanks to lifty95

LG Deutschland kündigt hiermit offiziell seinen Upgrade Plan für Android 5.0 OS Lollipop an:
Das Upgrade für das LG G3 soll im vierten Quartal 2014 veröffentlicht werden.
Das Upgrade-Paket für das G2 wird folgen.

LG Germany officially announces its upgrade plan for android 5.0 OS Lollipop:
The upgrade for the LG G3 should be released in Q4 2014.
The Upgrade-Package for the G2 will follow.

http://androidnext.de/news/lg-g3-an...uartal-2014-offiziell-bestaetigt-lg-g2-folgt/

Last edited:

antoyn

Jan 6, 2014
Hong Kong
The site "ibtimes" is not that reliable, sometimes it just copy information from another unreliable source, owing to my experience when using sony xperia smartphone in the past

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

vishal11in

Jan 1, 2012
Well this is only assumptions. If you see they have tagged may be or maybe not. Lg will never use this projection.
So until lg announces officially nothing can be said.
I think they sud consider flagship little longer support

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda premium

abhinav.tella

Jan 8, 2011
Minneapolis
Supposedly the G3 will get it before the end of the year, this year...

http://m.gsmarena.com/lg_g3_to_receive_android_50_lollipop_update_by_the_end_of_2014-news-10031.php

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

A lot easier for the devs to port it over from the G3 yeah?
Yep other sources say the same.

Problem with porting is some of the drivers for the differing parts such as the camera. Unless source code is released it would be hard?

Ace42

Jul 20, 2009
New York
Come on guys it's LG...They are not committed to updating their phones like some of the other manufactures. I believe Sony, Moto, and HTC vowed to upgrade their phones to Lollipop. This should tell you which companies really "care"...Even ol Sammy announced Lollipop, shame.

Transmitted via Geass

Reactions: kashk5

randy6644

May 6, 2014
I read an article it said LG G3 would get the update by the end of this year and I figured that's probably fake . Coz I dont think LG would be active to update as they always didn't.

this one seems more real but I'm neither worried nor looking forward to it. we've got some fantastic devs supporting us for developing the aosp based roms which i like the most!

metteduch

Jun 7, 2012
The G3 ports we have are fantastic. Even stock 4.4.2 is decent.
Waiting a little extra should not be a problem as long as our G2 works like it does now :)

Remember, LG only bumped us from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2 meaning 1 update total. We will 100% get official L.

metteduch

Jun 7, 2012
But 6 months later lol.
Yes but what then when we get L? I doubt we and many other devices will see that big of a difference. I mean, to this day there are some G2 users who still prefer JB over KK. And did you check leaked long video of Sammy S5 running early L build? It lagged and UI stayed 95% the same. Nothing big to expect really so why make such a big deal of it I dont understand

pinkfloyd3

Jul 19, 2012
Ahvaz
Yes but what then when we get L? I doubt we and many other devices will see that big of a difference. I mean, to this day there are some G2 users who still prefer JB over KK. And did you check leaked long video of Sammy S5 running early L build? It lagged and UI stayed 95% the same. Nothing big to expect really so why make such a big deal of it I dont understand
+1

Status
Not open for further replies.