Lollipop update on G Flex

Search This thread

Murshad007

Apr 30, 2012
Lahore
Well, it's now May and still no Lollipop for my G-Flex. It's a good thing I like it as it is ;)

I have contacted LG. And they said that an update is being tested by LG. But they can't give any further details. That what's the version no. And when it will be launched.

Sent from My LG G Flex LG-F340K Stock KitKat V20D on LTE Network using XDA Free Mobile app

Karo.

Nov 22, 2011
Mashhad
I have contacted LG. And they said that an update is being tested by LG. But they can't give any further details. That what's the version no. And when it will be launched.

Sent from My LG G Flex LG-F340K Stock KitKat V20D on LTE Network using XDA Free Mobile app

but i have contactd lg services in iran and they said there is no lolipop update for g flex 1 !
i just dont think about it i know android 5 will reduce the battry life

jeyml

Apr 20, 2012
Constanta
Well, if you think about it,most phones only receive one update. For example my HTC One X got the update for 4.4 an that's it, the S4 aswell and so on. That's what happend with the G Flex aswell, they released the 4.4.2 update and that is all i think, maybe the L will reduce the battery life, or something else...it's a good phone with or without the L update.

Reactions: WtfAndroiD007

Wolfhawke

Apr 30, 2008
Columbus, Oh
More like complain to your carrier...They're the ones driving whether or not LG even bothers to update. But something tells me if they haven't yet, they may not. even the AT&T forums are being a no answer on this device. That will remind me never to buy a feature flagship phone again...My next phone will be some type of Nexus device.

rotem07773

May 5, 2011
Well i have the international model, a d958. Called a company here in israel that represents LG's mobile dept and the told me they haven't yet recieved word from LG about this phone.

We won't See the update update.. Not even in the form of custom rom.. Still, I don't want to give up on this

yellowman82

Jun 12, 2011
More like complain to your carrier...They're the ones driving whether or not LG even bothers to update. But something tells me if they haven't yet, they may not. even the AT&T forums are being a no answer on this device. That will remind me never to buy a feature flagship phone again...My next phone will be some type of Nexus device.

You won't regret going with a nexus phone. Right now a lot of us nexus 6 user's are having fun playing with the Android M preview lol.

Murshad007

Apr 30, 2012
Lahore
Well i have the international model, a d958. Called a company here in israel that represents LG's mobile dept and the told me they haven't yet recieved word from LG about this phone.

We won't See the update update.. Not even in the form of custom rom.. Still, I don't want to give up on this

LG UAE told me that Lollipop for G Flex will be out shortly in Future...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LG is likely blowing smoke again, if the D959 has it than so would the ls995(my device) and the other variants would have it too.
    Hey guys, I currently have the nexus 6, I'm not tired of it, but I was wanting a new device. I saw the price if the g flex and I like what I saw. I also like a big display. I read the specs on the g flex and again I like what I was reading. Which variant should I get CDMA/or GSM? I'm currently on Verizon, but have no problems switching if I need to. Would any of you recommend this device? Also which carrier variant has the most development right now. Thanks guys!!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I also have a G flex. I love the ergonomics but finally had to change to a better camera and newer OS. G Flex is on Android 4 which is fine. The screen on my Nexus 6 is so much better, battery is better, and camera is better. Not sure if 3 gb ram makes a big difference since the G flex ran fine.
    Oh I'm pretty sure we'll get lollipop on our flex most phones usually get two or three updates anyway
    Compare the sales of the g3 to the flex. That's why it'll be last to update I bet the g2 gets it first.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone