Lollipop update thread

Search This thread

pradeepvizz

Dec 24, 2010
Dubai
so finally the One MAX is getting the lollipop update!

https://twitter.com/LlabTooFeR/status/597749983492857856
HTC One Max gets Android 5.0.2 in Taiwan. ROM version is 4.12.709.2 (923.67MB)

https://twitter.com/Masini1491/status/597747287268294656
@LlabTooFeR Android 5.0 update was rolled out for HTC One Max in Taiwan.
CEuf-XEUgAA1Bhm.jpg

hkfree

Feb 3, 2012
Hong kong
Find me the new rom dump or kernel source and I can get some new roms out for my VZW and International friends (sorry sprint) :) Sense 6 lollipop, Sense 7 lollipop, and GPE!!!

All good, I'll take care of sprint [emoji12]. I'll wait til we get an official ota, I'd imagine won't be to long after

i has uploaded the rom by twrp backup
let see here. Thx for development
http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one-max/development/5-0-2-int-t6ul-lollipop-sense-6-t3106304

Reactions: pradeepvizz

Jaybone073

Feb 22, 2013
Vidalia, GA.
I have it booting on Verizon. Time to fix stuff :)
1d830a9b238a22b6d186baf2bce4654a.jpg

So what I hear so far is that this version is working for Verizon with the exception of WiFi (which also means the mobile hotspot will not work either) due to a proprietary Wifi driver with the One Max. Now that you have your hands on it flyhalf has there been any progress? Is it still because the kernel source has not been released?

What I also don't understand is this. If the driver for wifi is working with cm12 and 12.1 which have a lollipop base... Would not the same driver properties be able to be used to modify that to have a working version for our variant yet?

Just a thought. I'm not a development genius like everyone else here so pardon me in advance for my ignorance.

But while I am here I might as well ask how it is you have the international version on your device flyhalf? I thought I did everything I could do to mod mine to do that. I am S-Off, unlocked and my CID was modified to 11111111. Doesn't this mean I should at least be able to run almost any rom? Even if it's not for my Verizon variant?

Flyhalf205

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com
So what I hear so far is that this version is working for Verizon with the exception of WiFi (which also means the mobile hotspot will not work either) due to a proprietary Wifi driver with the One Max. Now that you have your hands on it flyhalf has there been any progress? Is it still because the kernel source has not been released?

What I also don't understand is this. If the driver for wifi is working with cm12 and 12.1 which have a lollipop base... Would not the same driver properties be able to be used to modify that to have a working version for our variant yet?

Just a thought. I'm not a development genius like everyone else here so pardon me in advance for my ignorance.

But while I am here I might as well ask how it is you have the international version on your device flyhalf? I thought I did everything I could do to mod mine to do that. I am S-Off, unlocked and my CID was modified to 11111111. Doesn't this mean I should at least be able to run almost any rom? Even if it's not for my Verizon variant?

Changing CID on a verizon phone is useless to be honest. You can't run an international rom without a compatible display driver which international and verizon drivers aren't the same so they can't be swapped.

It is a proprietary WiFi driver so I have to have matching source of the wifi modules. The driver used in AOSP are caf based which is not compatible without our kernel.

Reactions: Jaybone073

A2CKilla

Feb 22, 2011
Just going to leave this here....

Sprint HTC One Max 0P3P700 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop CyanogenMod 12.1 Official [t6spr] Custom ROM - [ How To Install]

http://flip.it/Ukquy

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app

Flyhalf205

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com

Jaybone073

Feb 22, 2013
Vidalia, GA.
Changing CID on a verizon phone is useless to be honest. You can't run an international rom without a compatible display driver which international and verizon drivers aren't the same so they can't be swapped.

It is a proprietary WiFi driver so I have to have matching source of the wifi modules. The driver used in AOSP are caf based which is not compatible without our kernel.

Thanks for keeping me filled in on it flyhalf. Like I said earlier, I am knowledgeable... just either not brave enough or talented enough to try and tackle development issues. I love testing new roms and keep a very clean device for that (often wiping clean everything and I mean everything - even the SD card) so I can get the benefit of a true, full test of the system.

I honestly had no idea that changing the CID made no effect on my device. Perhaps when I purchase my next device on Swappa.com (I have to to keep unlimited data) I should try to get an unlocked or developer version of the device then? But from what I hear Verizon doesn't like to play well with those either.

With the latest releases in China of this lollipop version, is it helping us here in the states at all? And lastly, the kernel source.... Is there an anticipated release date from Google coming for that source code at all?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have it booting on Verizon. Time to fix stuff :)
    1d830a9b238a22b6d186baf2bce4654a.jpg
    Find me the new rom dump or kernel source and I can get some new roms out for my VZW and International friends (sorry sprint) :) Sense 6 lollipop, Sense 7 lollipop, and GPE!!!
    i has converted my hk one max to tw cid and upgraded, i will upload the twrp backup.
    Kernel source is out for 4.12.709.2 which means I can port over lollipop sense roms to Verizon and Sprint phones!!!
    I've used the quick root with all my phones so looking for guidance. I'm unlocked, s off and trying to root to get some lollipop love. Could someone point me in the direction of the simplest way to root. Thanks

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

Simplest is to unlock bootloader, flash custom recovery and simply flash supersu zip