[LOLLIPOP] Xperia AOSP Project

NanoSurfer

Mar 10, 2012
Cape Town
hi all

we have open up gits for Xperia Z,Z1,Z2 devices
http://developer.sonymobile.com/201...-aosp-for-xperia-on-github-video-open-source/

feel free to fork, build and push back

J

XDA:DevDB Information
Xperia AOSP Project, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1

Contributors
jerpelea

Version Information

Created 2014-10-16
Last Updated 2014-10-16
WHooop Whooop WHHHHOOOOP!! :victory::victory::highfive::fingers-crossed::good::cyclops::victory:

Thank you jerpelea!!!! :victory:

ps; sorry for OT, Just so SUPER excited by this news!!!!!

saintgein

Jan 27, 2013
hi all

we have open up gits for Xperia Z,Z1,Z2 devices
http://developer.sonymobile.com/201...-aosp-for-xperia-on-github-video-open-source/

feel free to fork, build and push back

J

XDA:DevDB Information
Xperia AOSP Project, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1

Contributors
jerpelea

Version Information

Created 2014-10-16
Last Updated 2014-10-16
Like the guy above me asked. How does the camera react on this one? Same functionality? Or loss of important parts like bionz etc..

NanoSurfer

Mar 10, 2012
Cape Town
Please @jerpelea can you put up a tut for building this! :crying:

I have downloded the source, and setup the build environment like you said on github but having issues with the final out directory.

It builds 100%, no issues whatsover, but mkbootimg fails to build the boot.img and it doesnt build the system.img :crying: I only have the userdata.img, kernel, and a system folder (others as well but these three are the important ones, oh theres also the ramdisk.img as well)

I have tried compiling the system folder using mkfs.yaffs2 to a system.img file and that flashes fine, userdata.img flashes too but the kernel I have tried a few combos and I can flash the boot.img file using files I have compiled before but it never boots. Its hard to see whats going on because I think the system folder never flashes properly so I dont have access to adb or anything. Its hard to trouble shoot this as well because it "bricks" my device everytime and its time consuming getting it up and running again. The build.prop looks fine and all folders in system folder look spot on but I am clearly missing something. I tried the fastboot flashall as well but that didtnt do anything, it gives me an error saying something about it must be an OUT_DIRECTORY... or something (yes I have tried it from the out/target/product/honami/ directory but same error, I think its because its looking for a system.img file..)

Please can you give me a kick in the right direction? I have been pulling my hair out trying to flash this but its a no go.

Desperately want to get it up and running (I am prepared to even go a few days without the radio just to test it and I can live without the camera as well)

PS: Sorry for being such a noob!

krabappel2548

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2011
Lommel
Please @jerpelea can you put up a tut for building this! :crying:

I have downloded the source, and setup the build environment like you said on github but having issues with the final out directory.

It builds 100%, no issues whatsover, but mkbootimg fails to build the boot.img and it doesnt build the system.img :crying: I only have the userdata.img, kernel, and a system folder (others as well but these three are the important ones, oh theres also the ramdisk.img as well)

I have tried compiling the system folder using mkfs.yaffs2 to a system.img file and that flashes fine, userdata.img flashes too but the kernel I have tried a few combos and I can flash the boot.img file using files I have compiled before but it never boots. Its hard to see whats going on because I think the system folder never flashes properly so I dont have access to adb or anything. Its hard to trouble shoot this as well because it "bricks" my device everytime and its time consuming getting it up and running again. The build.prop looks fine and all folders in system folder look spot on but I am clearly missing something. I tried the fastboot flashall as well but that didtnt do anything, it gives me an error saying something about it must be an OUT_DIRECTORY... or something (yes I have tried it from the out/target/product/honami/ directory but same error, I think its because its looking for a system.img file..)

Please can you give me a kick in the right direction? I have been pulling my hair out trying to flash this but its a no go.

Desperately want to get it up and running (I am prepared to even go a few days without the radio just to test it and I can live without the camera as well)

PS: Sorry for being such a noob!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

Try using the new mkqcdtbootimg repo for kernel building, put it in system/extra. I've compiled successfully with aosp l-preview branch. Haven't tested the compiled rom though :p

NanoSurfer

Mar 10, 2012
Cape Town
Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

Try using the new mkqcdtbootimg repo for kernel building, put it in system/extra. I've compiled successfully with aosp l-preview branch. Haven't tested the compiled rom though :p
Thank you Sir!!! Yes! :highfive: That makes perfect sense! *doh* :silly: (i feel silly now)

Will try that. Really appreciate it!!! Thank you for the heads up and responding :good:

NanoSurfer

Mar 10, 2012
Cape Town
@NanoSurfer did you manage to build boot.img after copying the repo source to system/extras/ ? I wasn't able to :p Let me know if you did. I must be doing something wrong :(
Hey bro

Nope. I put mkqcdtbootimg in my /bin folder so I could execute it from anywhere but it still wouldnt work (by the way, you have to compile mkqcdtbootimg using "make mkqcdtbootimg", wish someone told me that before :rolleyes:). So I compiled the kernel seperately and got a boot.img, put that in /out folder and tried fastboot flashall, nope no go. Useless.

I cannot make a system.img during compile time! I managed to make a system.img though by executing "make snod". I tried flasing that, with my userdata.img, boot.img, system.img. NOPE ,ALWAYS BRICKS!!!! Arrrgh!!!! Wtf?? Btw fastboot flashall simply does not work.

Anyway, I wish I knew how @jerpelea did it because I have tried EVERYTHING! Im super frustrated by this because it seems there is either
a) critical stuff missing to succesfully build.
b) information is way to vague.

Ive wasted a lot of time on this and Im getting tired of having to recover my phone everytime. So do yourself a favour bro and rather leave this until a proper tut is posted or someone can explain the steps in more detail.

Cheers

tejaswi.rohit

Dec 15, 2010
Mumbai
Hey bro

Nope. I put mkqcdtbootimg in my /bin folder so I could execute it from anywhere but it still wouldnt work (by the way, you have to compile mkqcdtbootimg using "make mkqcdtbootimg", wish someone told me that before :rolleyes:). So I compiled the kernel seperately and got a boot.img, put that in /out folder and tried fastboot flashall, nope no go. Useless. ............
Cheers

@NanoSurfer I compiled the ROM successfully and flashed it too. It booted up just fine. This is what I did.

I downloaded the sources of mkqcdtbootimg and then extracted the openssl libraries from Android Source and placed it in the mkqcdtbootimg source folder (place it inside libdtd folder too, not sure of the exact folder name)and typed "make". Initially I had an error regarding some linker error got it fixed by installing this package libssl-dev I'm running Ubuntu 14.04. Ok, so that resulted me in a mkqcdtbootimg executable. What I realized what while compile the compiler is calling mkbootimg when mkqcdtbootimg isn't there, so I renamed mkqcdtbootimg executable to mkbootimg and placed it in out/host/linux-x86/bin . I replaced the original mkbootimg.

Once I did that my compilation went smooth. I got all the required images in the out folder. I tried fastboot flashall that didn't work for me either. So these are the partitions are flashed manually.
1. userdata
2. cache
3. system
4. boot
5. recovery
Crossed my fingers and typed "fastboot reboot" and BAM! it booted right to the home screen :D

P.S. I have a Xperia Z2. I downloaded the Android Source for 4.4.4_r2 but the blobs seem to be for 4.4.2 as of now at least for Z2 so I had some issues regarding sensors. Going to change my branch and compile again. But other than that the ROM was smooth as silk :D

Don't give up :D

NanoSurfer

Mar 10, 2012
Cape Town
@NanoSurfer I compiled the ROM successfully and flashed it too. It booted up just fine. This is what I did.

I downloaded the sources of mkqcdtbootimg and then extracted the openssl libraries from Android Source and placed it in the mkqcdtbootimg source folder (place it inside libdtd folder too, not sure of the exact folder name)and typed "make". Initially I had an error regarding some linker error got it fixed by installing this package libssl-dev I'm running Ubuntu 14.04. Ok, so that resulted me in a mkqcdtbootimg executable. What I realized what while compile the compiler is calling mkbootimg when mkqcdtbootimg isn't there, so I renamed mkqcdtbootimg executable to mkbootimg and placed it in out/host/linux-x86/bin . I replaced the original mkbootimg.

Once I did that my compilation went smooth. I got all the required images in the out folder. I tried fastboot flashall that didn't work for me either. So these are the partitions are flashed manually.
1. userdata
2. cache
3. system
4. boot
5. recovery
Crossed my fingers and typed "fastboot reboot" and BAM! it booted right to the home screen :D

P.S. I have a Xperia Z2. I downloaded the Android Source for 4.4.4_r2 but the blobs seem to be for 4.4.2 as of now at least for Z2 so I had some issues regarding sensors. Going to change my branch and compile again. But other than that the ROM was smooth as silk :D

Ahhhhhh dude!!! A 1000 thanks to you mate!!! :highfive: YESSS VICTORY! :victory: She works... FINALLY :victory:

Man THANK YOU!!! I love you bro! :laugh: You made my day :good:

And a SPECIAL thanks to @jerpelea!!!!! Flip it was painful trying to figure this out but finally I've got it. I owe you @tejaswi.rohit

Reactions: abbychauhan

tejaswi.rohit

Dec 15, 2010
Mumbai
Ahhhhhh dude!!! A 1000 thanks to you mate!!! :highfive: YESSS VICTORY! :victory: She works... FINALLY :victory:

Man THANK YOU!!! I love you bro! :laugh: You made my day :good:

And a SPECIAL thanks to @jerpelea!!!!! Flip it was painful trying to figure this out but finally I've got it. I owe you @tejaswi.rohit
Congratulations @NanoSurfer :D :D Glad I could help :) How's the build ? Do you face any issues regarding screen brightness,rotation, sound and mobile network ? Those were the problems I had on my 4.4.4 build :p

Reactions: NanoSurfer

NanoSurfer

Mar 10, 2012
Cape Town
Congratulations @NanoSurfer :D :D Glad I could help :) How's the build ? Do you face any issues regarding screen brightness,rotation, sound and mobile network ? Those were the problems I had on my 4.4.4 build :p
Same issues as you :( here are the problems I found:
1) mobile network broken
2) wifi not working
3) screen rotation not working
4) sound not working
5) brightness slider has no affect
6) internal storage showing as about 70mb
7) phone resets when restarted (like it does a factory wipe)
8) camera broken
9) Bluetooth broken

I managed to get the sound working though by flashing the aosp kernel from Sony's github :D I think I can fix wifi as well because I compiled the prima module, but I couldn't push it to system/lib as adb wouldn't allow it (read only file system) I'm still trying to figure out how to compile that module inline.

I think a lot of the problems are kernel related.

Interestingly tho, the performance is way better than I expected! Graphics and scrolling are very smooth.

Busy working on the issues. Will let you if I make any breakthroughs :D

NanoSurfer

Mar 10, 2012
Cape Town
I think I fixed the sound, just busy doing another build to test a few more things...

I'm struggling though to get the sim to work :crying: Also trying to fix wifi but I'm crossing fingers that the build I'm doing at the moment fixes that :fingers-crossed:

By the way, I was wrong previously about a few things, the data partition is actually displaying 100% correct and it doesn't reset after each boot. However, this was happening to me after I flashed a boot.img I compiled, I think maybe because I used a stock ramdisk :confused: Im just guessing but I don't know why. The kernel it builds with works just fine. If the next build is ok, I will post my device config files for others to play around with...

Reactions: abbychauhan

jerpelea

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 7, 2006
Lund
sites.google.com
to be able to build kernel you need

cd build && git cherry-pick 612e2cd0e8c79bc6ab46d13cd96c01d1be382139 && cd ..

before building
br
J

1. userdata
2. cache
3. system
4. boot
5. recovery