Long battery charging.

Search This thread

Pajan766

Jun 10, 2020
I have had the XT1771 DS / MTK for a while. On the official Android 7.1, the battery took a long time to charge. Recently I installed a custom rom, same problem. Changing the charger, usb cables did not help. Any ideas?

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Check for signs of case bulging. A failed Li battery will fast charge erratically or not at all... so I learned🤣

Signs; battery swelling, decreased capacity, erratic or no fast charging. Older batteries are more at risk. If swelling is present replace asap as it can damage or destroy the phone... and maybe take some flesh with it.

Pajan766

Jun 10, 2020
Everything is fine with the battery. A few months ago I got a call from the other person. It was mainly used for Facebook, WhatsApp, calls, sms. In my opinion, it is in good shape.

I once read on forums that this Moto model is unlucky, many people complained about the battery, and how is it in my case? I don't know, I'm trying to come. The backup phone is, I don't use it as my primary phone.

I will also mention that 5 percent charges in about 11 minutes. I don't know if this is normal with this phone, but my Samsung with OneUI charges faster although there is no fast charging. In addition, if the charging reaches 82%, the charging time is extended several times until it reaches 91/92%. In my opinion, this is not normal. But are you sure?

Last edited:

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Everything is fine with the battery. A few months ago I got a call from the other person. It was mainly used for Facebook, WhatsApp, calls, sms. In my opinion, it is in good shape.

I once read on forums that this Moto model is unlucky, many people complained about the battery, and how is it in my case? I don't know, I'm trying to come. The backup phone is, I don't use it as my primary phone.

I will also mention that 5 percent charges in about 11 minutes. I don't know if this is normal with this phone, but my Samsung with OneUI charges faster although there is no fast charging. In addition, if the charging reaches 82%, the charging time is extended several times until it reaches 91/92%. In my opinion, this is not normal. But are you sure?
It could be the charging port PCB if that phone has one otherwise the port it's self; check for debris, clean. The battery and charging port failures are the most common ones.

Replacing the battery is not that hard if you're up to doing it. I'd start with the battery as it's old at this point anyway.
Watch some vids; you need the aptitude, correct OEM parts and all the required tools especially the small drivers.
Anhydrous isopropyl alcohol is used in very small amounts to help loosen the adhesive strips on the rear cover and battery.

Pajan766

Jun 10, 2020
In that case, first I will start by cleaning the port, and then perhaps replacing the battery, but before that I will check the manual on the Internet.

I do not remember that the person in front of me had a problem with the battery before, and even in opposition, the charging was correct.

What application to check the battery condition and voltage, is it correct?

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
In that case, first I will start by cleaning the port, and then perhaps replacing the battery, but before that I will check the manual on the Internet.

I do not remember that the person in front of me had a problem with the battery before, and even in opposition, the charging was correct.

Battery condition is subjective especially with no baseline to compare it with.
If you're down to 2 or 3 hours of SOT that is telling.
Li's can go downhill fast. Mine failed literally overnight🤣

I use Accubattery, it's charge/discharge logging feature is useful.

Reactions: sd_shadow

Pajan766

Jun 10, 2020
These batteries in Moto are a mockery that comes out. :D

Well, it would be wise to replace the battery as long as it is profitable.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Battery condition is subjective especially with no baseline to compare it with.
    If you're down to 2 or 3 hours of SOT that is telling.
    Li's can go downhill fast. Mine failed literally overnight🤣

I use Accubattery, it's charge/discharge logging feature is useful.