• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Long time lurker, first time poster

Search This thread

ZaphodBeetle

Jul 29, 2021
HTC Dream: G1
I started the game rooting my G1. You know like the first Android phone and it had a physical keyboard. Promptly installing Cyanogen MOD and keeping the phone updated well past its prime. I have used ODIN and flashed boot.img, installed custom roms and then the g-suite afterward because it couldn't be included.

That being said the last phone I rooted was a Sony back in 2015.

I just got a Pixel 2 and was happy not rooting.

Had an iPhone 12 pro for a while but promptly lost it. I can't remember passwords for ****. What a waste.

Now I have a silly little Samsung Galaxy A01 (SM-S111DL). TracFone. Don't really have access to a computer. I found the rooting thread but it is for the ATT model. I am a little weary flashing the software provided in the thread because it says for that model only.

Just because I have rooted in the past doesn't mean I am up on the latest methods.

I will keep reading the forums and lurking wisely.

BTW I am 41 years old with a degree in Computer Science but never held a job past Technial Support for Nest Learning Thermostat.

Well I dabbled in consult work with developers looking to access the API for a credit card processing gateway. We worked with SmartBear and mainly ingenico card readers.

Currently unemployed.

Also, I dabble with Ubuntu Linux, which I feel is mainly Russian software, a bit of a conspiracy theorist.

Loved the Android SDK back in the day. I used to spin up one or two instances of a particular phone. Thought I would actually develop an app one day. Didn't quite pan out, kind of past my prime in the technology department.

Any way, print "Hello, World" and all that.

Reactions: orb_selektor

orb_selektor

Forum Moderator - Welcomer
Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
I started the game rooting my G1. You know like the first Android phone and it had a physical keyboard. Promptly installing Cyanogen MOD and keeping the phone updated well past its prime. I have used ODIN and flashed boot.img, installed custom roms and then the g-suite afterward because it couldn't be included.

Had an iPhone 12 pro for a while but promptly lost it. I can't remember passwords for ****. What a waste.

Now I have a silly little Samsung Galaxy A01 (SM-S111DL). TracFone. Don't really have access to a computer. I found the rooting thread but it is for the ATT model. I am a little weary flashing the software provided in the thread because it says for that model only.

Just because I have rooted in the past doesn't mean I am up on the latest methods.

BTW I am 41 years old with a degree in Computer Science but never held a job past Technial Support for Nest Learning Thermostat.

Well I dabbled in consult work with developers looking to access the API for a credit card processing gateway. We worked with SmartBear and mainly ingenico card readers.

Currently unemployed.

Also, I dabble with Ubuntu Linux, which I feel is mainly Russian software, a bit of a conspiracy theorist.

Loved the Android SDK back in the day. I used to spin up one or two instances of a particular phone. Thought I would actually develop an app one day. Didn't quite pan out, kind of past my prime in the technology department.

Glad to have an old timer!
Welcome officially 🤓

Reactions: ZaphodBeetle

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Currently unemployed.

Currently unemployed.

Glad to have an old timer!
    Welcome officially 🤓