• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question Lookin for new phone

Search This thread

Veid71

Apr 1, 2015
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hey guys, just cracked the hell out of my note 20 screen and looking to switch phones to either the 9 pro or the Google pixel I know this might be a bias forum to post one xD but I despise Samsung because they make it so hard to root and the things you do with it are extremely limited just wondering how the 9 pro is if it's easy to root, a good phone etc etc how close it is to the newer one coming out and if I should wait or not I appreciate any input ^_^

Hey guys, just cracked the hell out of my note 20 screen and looking to switch phones to either the 9 pro or the Google pixel I know this might be a bias forum to post one xD but I despise Samsung because they make it so hard to root and the things you do with it are extremely limited just wondering how the 9 pro is if it's easy to root, a good phone etc etc how close it is to the newer one coming out and if I should wait or not I appreciate any input ^_^
New one coming out. Nord 2 is low end price point phones.

jprattnu

Aug 4, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro
I have a new OP9Pro , un rooted. I have significant overheating issues and I live in the Northeast USA. Example:

Spent 2 hours in the 70-80 degree sun yesterday. Phone went into overheat mode like 30 times. Had no choice. Thinking of just buying another OP7Pro TBH, I still miss the Moment case with the leather strap! (I also still have some cam add-ons). Anyhow, maybe rooting makes all the difference, but this is just really sad. the phone is just too thin IMO... :|

nitinvaid

I never had heat issue with 7 pro. But i am not a heavy user.
8 pro does not heat up not even charging wireless. Wireless charger have ventilation.
Decide what phone is best for you. You da Boss!
I know 7Pro does not have i was taking about the 9pro :p
whats the firmware version which is latest for INDIAN Variant 9 Pro
i will buy this and was preparing the files that i needed to root etc

Reactions: null0seven

Flying Fox

Dec 21, 2010
Vienna
OnePlus 9 Pro
I have a new OP9Pro , un rooted. I have significant overheating issues and I live in the Northeast USA. Example:

Spent 2 hours in the 70-80 degree sun yesterday. Phone went into overheat mode like 30 times. Had no choice. Thinking of just buying another OP7Pro TBH, I still miss the Moment case with the leather strap! (I also still have some cam add-ons). Anyhow, maybe rooting makes all the difference, but this is just really sad. the phone is just too thin IMO... :|
70 to 80 degrees heat is the worst thing you can do to a battery. When the device goes into overheat mode, I think that's a good advancement to protect the device from heat. Such high temperatures significantly shorten the battery life.
For me, this is not an argument against the Oneplus 9 pro. Unless I have misunderstood something....
Regarding the heating issue: I never had it, but I am also not a heavy user. With a custom kernel (e.g. Omega), the issue is off the table anyway. System updates should also improve this, but the latter is just a guess.

Flying Fox

Dec 21, 2010
Vienna
OnePlus 9 Pro
If root is the most important point, then go for it. Alternatively, maybe Xiaomi, although I don't really know how easy these devices can be rooted. Just have a look at the corresponding forums.
From my point of view, it is still unclear whether the Magisk project will be continued in the long term, which could possibly be an issue with Android 12.
The Oneplus 9 pro is a very good all-rounder, clearly a flagship. However, there are now interesting competitors in terms of price/performance, especially if you can do without root.
Samsung is not bad either. I mean, all the junk that Samsung offers can simply be debloated.
After using Oneplus for many years and a short break with a Huawei P40 pro, I have returned to Oneplus. I have to say, apart from Huawei's story, I was very positively surprised by the phone.
Nevertheless, Oneplus is the only alternative for me. Root and the complete package. Maybe a bit overpriced compared to the competition, but price stability and good resale value when it comes down to it.

Reactions: Veid71

l_mike

Jan 6, 2013
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
OnePlus 9 Pro
Do you need very good battery life and best photos possible? Cause if you do, then I would recommend buying pixel. My wife's pixel 4a 5g lasts 3 days with 8-10h of sot with tons of apps (including social) running in background.
Photos are great too.
If you are more into quick charging and about 1,5 days battery life with 4-6h sot, and very good but not best photos, then op 9 pro is for you.
Op beats pixel in game and overall performance. It has more premium feel. But during everyday use in case it is not that obvious.

jprattnu

Aug 4, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro
70 to 80 degrees heat is the worst thing you can do to a battery. When the device goes into overheat mode, I think that's a good advancement to protect the device from heat. Such high temperatures significantly shorten the battery life.
For me, this is not an argument against the Oneplus 9 pro. Unless I have misunderstood something....
Regarding the heating issue: I never had it, but I am also not a heavy user. With a custom kernel (e.g. Omega), the issue is off the table anyway. System updates should also improve this, but the latter is just a guess.

Right, but my old OP7Pro never had any issues with overheating... like... Never... :| I just thought it it kinda sucks - even on the dash of my car it overheats just from the sun in like 10 minutes... The 7 never did that either. :| Maybe I'm just whiny, but I only bought this 9Pro because my 7pro was recently smashed on both sides. :(

entropism

Jul 21, 2007
Linden, NJ
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 4a 5G

He's talking 70-80 farenheit, not celcius. That's 21-26c for you.

Reactions: Flying Fox

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Buy 9 pro. Is an awesome phone. Root, updates, soon open beta's.
    Les to none Bloatware. Samsung is full of it.
    I never had heat issue with 7 pro. But i am not a heavy user.
    8 pro does not heat up not even charging wireless. Wireless charger have ventilation.
    Decide what phone is best for you. You da Boss!
    I know 7Pro does not have i was taking about the 9pro :p
    whats the firmware version which is latest for INDIAN Variant 9 Pro
    i will buy this and was preparing the files that i needed to root etc
    If root is the most important point, then go for it. Alternatively, maybe Xiaomi, although I don't really know how easy these devices can be rooted. Just have a look at the corresponding forums.
    From my point of view, it is still unclear whether the Magisk project will be continued in the long term, which could possibly be an issue with Android 12.
    The Oneplus 9 pro is a very good all-rounder, clearly a flagship. However, there are now interesting competitors in terms of price/performance, especially if you can do without root.
    Samsung is not bad either. I mean, all the junk that Samsung offers can simply be debloated.
    After using Oneplus for many years and a short break with a Huawei P40 pro, I have returned to Oneplus. I have to say, apart from Huawei's story, I was very positively surprised by the phone.
    Nevertheless, Oneplus is the only alternative for me. Root and the complete package. Maybe a bit overpriced compared to the competition, but price stability and good resale value when it comes down to it.

He's talking 70-80 farenheit, not celcius. That's 21-26c for you.
    my first phone was the oneplus 5t, 6t, 7 pro today the 9 pro I like oneplus unlocked phones, no carrier bloatware easy to
    use, easy to setup and lot of great features