Looking for a case? Get the otterbox.

wcgbmd

Dec 3, 2009
I'm on my 5th day with the case, the case provides the best protection for drops and scuffs but does have a few downfalls.

Pros:
-Sleek Design, doesn't add bulk like Bodyglove.
-Waterproofs and protects ports.
-Scratch proof screen protector like ZAGG.
-Easy install and removal.

Cons:
-Screen protector installation was botched 3 times, if you mess it up like I did by getting dust on the sticky side run it under cold water and apply it wet then remove air bubbles and water with a rag.
-Screen protector bends too easy, a corner is bent upwards.
-the silicon sections of the case collect alot of dust.
-Notification light blocked if its sitting down flat.
-No grip on surfaces like body glove.

I got it for $25 on newegg including shipping. No regrets.

MrWicked1

Feb 16, 2010
San Pablo, Ca
I'm on my 5th day with the case, the case provides the best protection for drops and scuffs but does have a few downfalls.

Pros:
-Sleek Design, doesn't add bulk like Bodyglove.
-Waterproofs and protects ports.
-Scratch proof screen protector like ZAGG.
-Easy install and removal.

Cons:
-Screen protector installation was botched 3 times, if you mess it up like I did by getting dust on the sticky side run it under cold water and apply it wet then remove air bubbles and water with a rag.
-Screen protector bends too easy, a corner is bent upwards.
-the silicon sections of the case collect alot of dust.
-Notification light blocked if its sitting down flat.
-No grip on surfaces like body glove.

I got it for $25 on newegg including shipping. No regrets.

i would buy one in a heart beat if they came out with a hip holster for it. I always had otterbox cases on my blackberries.

reedsw

May 10, 2010
Ordered mine on Ebay yesterday for 12$. When you guys bring up dust are you talking about it getting dust on the case itself?

posguy99

Nov 8, 2009
Ordered mine on Ebay yesterday for 12$. When you guys bring up dust are you talking about it getting dust on the case itself?
In general, soft silicone rubber attracts dust due to static and then holds onto it. The Otterbox has the interior silicone liner that shows around the edges of the snap-on outer hard case.

If you're the type that carries the phone in your pocket, the rim around the screen will tend to grow hair. If you carry it in a holster (I have a generic Case Logic one meant for a Blackberry), you shouldn't have an issue.

wcgbmd

Dec 3, 2009
No, on the sides of the screen. It happened to me when I had my Body Glove case.
Ah, yes I also had this issue with the body glove case. I don't have an issue right now though with the Otterbox.

For the dust issue there is a really easy fix, rub it off with your fingers it only takes a few seconds. Its a minor annoyance but nothing that makes the case not worth it. So far everything has been great with the case.

HeroMeng

Jan 16, 2010
The Bowels Of Hell
Ah, yes I also had this issue with the body glove case. I don't have an issue right now though with the Otterbox.

For the dust issue there is a really easy fix, rub it off with your fingers it only takes a few seconds. Its a minor annoyance but nothing that makes the case not worth it. So far everything has been great with the case.
I don't actually OWN the otterbox, but I do want one.... time for an ebay search :D

PlagaDeRock

Feb 15, 2010
Apple Town
I have had my otterbox case (commuter) for my hero for a month and a half now and love it. The case was kinda a bit thing for me as I work at a pizza joint (where we toss our own skins and make our own dough) so flour everywhere is a huge part of everyday for me. Flour has not been nice to my phones in the past completely plugging up virtually every hole available on my phones. So huge selling points for the otterbox was the cover over the headjack and usb port which work like a charm. It does collect dust in the corners but much better to have it collect there than where it can do harm. with a good screen protector on I can cover the speakers from flour also. The case feels natural in your hand and more like a part of the phone than something bulky covering it. It comes in two parts and its easy to take apart yet never comes apart with out you removing it. I pull it off and clean the small build up dust and flour every couple of days and it looks brand new again.

Well thats my review of the case. Oh yeah, one more thing for people who want one, I got mine from amazon.com shipped for $25 flat. So just incase your like me and kinda lost faith in ebay or what have you $25 on amazon is a good deal considering both otterbox.com and the sprint store sell these cases for around $50

DarkXShadowX21

Mar 21, 2010
FL
The Otterbox Rocks!!!

I mean it!! Ok, let me tell you why!

Ive been skateboarding for a longtime and the things I've done to phones you wouldn't believe!

Ever since I got this otterbox I've thrashed my hero quite a few times from dropping it off my lap getting out of the car, falling on it from takin a crash on my board2, falling off the top of the car.
& it sat in a heavy ring of water for about 30 mins....I had no idea..lmao. Needless to say no water damage to the phone it self. Every opening ie covered and with a full scale screen protector you can make the phone look brandnew anytime you want.

I highly recommend this case! It's protected my phone ALOT!! I still have it :D
-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

reedsw

May 10, 2010
Picked mine off ebay for 13$. Seems to be good. Got a piece of something under the screen cover and I have a little circle off screen so no big deal. If I put the phone in my jean pocket it is covered in lint when I remove it =) Little tape or some rubbing and it all comes off.

This is my first rubber case for a phone I have owned and I have to say its pretty nice. Full functioning usb, volume, headphone jack, lights and camera while protecting the phone... cant really ask much more than that right?

spidoman

May 13, 2010
Had my Otterbox case (Just Impact not Commuter) for about a week now, absolutely thrilled with it. Fits better than my wifes generic brand case, Screen protector is great, even after one failed attempt. Only gripes I have: Picks up any dust or lint or anything extremely easily. Grabs onto my jean pockets a bit too much, pulls them out a little bit. But those small complaints aside it's a great case and a great deal considering the screen protector is included.

BAttitude7689

Nov 8, 2009
i searched there website.....i dont see where they sell anything for the samsung moment, especially a belt holster??? because Im very interested in this as a well......