Looking for a case? Get the otterbox.

DarkXShadowX21

Mar 21, 2010
FL
I got my otterbox for free!!!! 12 bux is a help of a deal! They are normally around 40 bux! I've had my otterbox for about 4 months now. I've accidentally thrown my phone, spilled water by it, dropped it off my lap gettin out of the cars plenty of times hah! With a screen protector and the otterbox together my phone is pretty much industractable!! :)

F

Frans Parnel

i searched there website.....i dont see where they sell anything for the samsung moment, especially a belt holster??? because Im very interested in this as a well......
I couldn't find it on their site either...i don't think they make one...or they don't carry it anymore.

I did find this though - however, I don't have my outterbox yet. I did purchase that holster anyways seeing it was only 4 bucks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sprint-Samsung-...ewItem&pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item1c1397a40c

Oct 13, 2007
Topeka
Otterbox plus Moment Holster = Perfect

Love it. Got the cheap holster on ebay and it fits perfectly with Commuter case. Couldn't be happier. The hole for the headset and camera match up very well and I only had to clip just a little bit off of the edge to make room for the volume control if case is put in holster face out.

guitardoc64

Sep 26, 2007
Lake Charles,LA
I've had the commuter for about a month. Love it. Funny, but I dropped my Hero the day I got the case 3 feet onto concrete. No harm done, so it was a great investment. In fact, I'm thinking now about the defender since it comes with the belt clip.

REDFOCZ

Oct 17, 2008
Orlando, Fl
Just orderd my defender case tonight on ebay for $30... will give my reveiw on it once I receive it... i hope it is better then the body glove case that I endded up breaking about two months after buying it

REDFOCZ

Oct 17, 2008
Orlando, Fl
Just received my Defender case in the mail today... this thing is beastly!!!... In regards to the size it is about the same size as the bodyglove cases that sprint sells in their COR stores... but it buts my old body glove case to shame! Even with my old body glove case if I dropped the phone I would still be worried about it, with the way this thing fits and covers all of the ports I dont think I will be to worried about it, not that I dropped my phone alot but its nice knowing that I will not have to worry about it.

Mac11700

Aug 16, 2010
St.Louis
Just received my Defender case in the mail today... this thing is beastly!!!... In regards to the size it is about the same size as the bodyglove cases that sprint sells in their COR stores... but it buts my old body glove case to shame! Even with my old body glove case if I dropped the phone I would still be worried about it, with the way this thing fits and covers all of the ports I dont think I will be to worried about it, not that I dropped my phone alot but its nice knowing that I will not have to worry about it.
Just ordered this same case off Amazon for $32 with free 2nd day shipping. I've been using the rubber case the Sprint store had along with the universal screen protectors along with the leather case I bought for my TP2. Needless to say I haven't been exceeding happy with how it felt or looked. A buddy of mine at work got one of these for his I4 phone and I liked the way it looked and felt. Seems these cases are highly regarded so I hope it does what it says and holds up to the rigors of my job. I've always been worried with what I've been using and have hated those screen protectors you have to trim.

Will post my thoughts after getting this next Tuesday

Mac

ngholson

Sep 11, 2010
Biloxi, MS
otterbox defender is by far the best case. i have had one on my hero for several months and i love it. i am a cabletv installer and as such i am pretty rough on cell phones and cell phone cases. my hero has no scratches, drop marks or any other damage for that matter. i have accidently pulled it from the hip holster, while i was 30 feet in the air hanging from the cable strand, and it almost hit every rung of the ladder for the first 20 feet or so then feel the rest of the way to a concrete driveway. no damage. i don't recommend that you try this on your own but its good to know that it can take it if you ever do. my phone still looks "just out of the box" brand new.

the case does, however, literally double the phones physical size.

the only con that i MAY have noticed, is that a very few and select group of people that i talk to say that there is an echo on the phone with the case on it. (they always say, "you have your phone in that otterbox don't you?" well of course i do. it is ALWAYS in the case. one of these days im going to take it off and see if they notice.)
EDIT: it was always sounded fine on my end.... so they will just have to deal with it. lol

Last edited:

xjayman

Sep 2, 2010
Just recieved mine today from amazon. This thing is bas ass! Makes you think you got a new phone. 2 things that I didnt realize is that this case has a built in screen protector meaning entire phone is covered except track ball ,speakers,and camera. 2nd thing is that it comes with a holster.

ngholson

Sep 11, 2010
Biloxi, MS
Just recieved mine today from amazon. This thing is bas ass! Makes you think you got a new phone. 2 things that I didnt realize is that this case has a built in screen protector meaning entire phone is covered except track ball ,speakers,and camera. 2nd thing is that it comes with a holster.
camera is covered by clear protector and speaker has mesh covering.

Mac11700

Aug 16, 2010
St.Louis
camera is covered by clear protector and speaker has mesh covering.
Yup..it sure is..IMHO..this is really a great case & holster set up. The hardest thing about putting it all together was getting it out of the package:D:D:D I was quite suprised with the built in screen protectors on it. That is one task I really dislike doing as wasn't looking forward to doing it again,but was pleasently surprised to see it attached. Also,about the screen protector..it is about 90% more responsive to my touch as compared to the universal protectors you can buy at BB and the Sprint store. I thought something was wrong with my screen sensitivity,but it was the cheap ass universal screen protectors all along. It does add some bulk to the phone,but it fits perfectly out of the box and gives good gripping capabilities with the soft checkerd side panels. Everything is easily accessable on it and well protected as what everyone has said. The clip seems robust enough and has good spring tension but to me positioned wrong.It is positioned off center being closer to the top of the holster,not centered for optimum horizontal carrying. While this gives vertical carrying and advantage time will tell if it casuse me any issues since I carry horizontally. Other than this very minor detail of the clip position, I highly recommend this case & holster combo to anyone needing one.Built tough is a very good desription of the materials used and since it is all black gives the phone a more industrial look many will like. A carbon fiber back would be just about perfect for my taste,but other than that preference, this one will work just fine for the next year and 1/2 till it's time to upgrade phones.

Mac

guitardoc64

Sep 26, 2007
Lake Charles,LA
Got my defender today! It's everything mentioned in previous posts and more! It does add some mass, but the protection is worth it. The hard thing to get used to is the raised rim around the screen. It takes a little getting used to.

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App