Looking for a case? Get the otterbox.

sushilpatel

Jul 16, 2008
Got my Otterbox HTC Hero Defender Case at Walmart.com and had it shipped to the store for pickup for free. They have the Defender for less than $30.

Heaterz16

Mar 26, 2010
Got my Otterbox HTC Hero Defender Case at Walmart.com and had it shipped to the store for pickup for free. They have the Defender for less than $30.
I saw that when looking today, but I don't think it is the actual defender case based on picture and description. It looked like the commuter case. Let us know when it arrives.

glen4cindy

Jun 9, 2010
St. Louis, MO
I saw that when looking today, but I don't think it is the actual defender case based on picture and description. It looked like the commuter case. Let us know when it arrives.
I agree. That certainly looks exactly like the commuter, and the description of the screen protector and installation card describes what is included with the commuter as well. I think Walmart has this mislabled.

But, that being said, I have the commuter, and I love it, though my screen protector is in need of replacement now.

sushilpatel

Jul 16, 2008
This is the actual defender case... it is a 3 part system... inside case top and bottom and than there is a rubber skin that goes over the whole thing. The top had a screen protection built right into it. It does make the phone a bit thick, but also is the best protection.

Last edited:

sushilpatel

Jul 16, 2008
Sorry... here is the description off Walmart. Note the Model Number. $29.99 + tax

could not post the link, but go to walmark.com and search for otterbox

Otterbox HTC Hero Defender Case Otterbox HTC Hero Defender Case

•Exposed silicone corners dissipate impact
•Access all buttons through case
•Includes self-adhering clear protective film, cleaning cloth and installation card
Model#: HTC2-HERO1-20-C5OTR

Eric_1966_FXE

Sep 1, 2010
I didn't see it mentioned here but I have seen some pics on the net of the defender having a pocket clip. But it's not shown or mentioned on their website (not that I've seen anyway).

Can anyone confirm whether or not it comes with one or if it's available as an option.

Love the idea of the defender case but if there's no clip it's pretty much a deal-breaker for me. Considering the Seido because of this but the defender looks like a much better option for protection.

Thanks.

Eric_1966_FXE

Sep 1, 2010
I've had the commuter for about a month. Love it. Funny, but I dropped my Hero the day I got the case 3 feet onto concrete. No harm done, so it was a great investment. In fact, I'm thinking now about the defender since it comes with the belt clip.
OOPS

Never mind. Should have kept reading th posts as on page 3 or 4 it was confirmed that it does come with a holster.

Apologies for my being impatient and not looking some more.

Last edited:

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
Got the Otter Box case a couple days ago. Good quality case, fits well, only downside is it picks up fuzz from my clothes. Also when using GPS and the battery heats up I tend to get reboots because it makes my phone WAY hotter! I know take the case off when using GPS. Overall I am satisfied :)

guitardoc64

Sep 26, 2007
Lake Charles,LA
A couple of weeks ago, I noticed that the USB flap on mine was starting to tear. I had been noticing for a few months that the snaps that latch the inner hard case were getting a bit loose around the jogball end (probably from all the times I had to pull the case off to pull the battery) and I emailed their customer service about it. I got a reply in less than 5 minutes. They happily replaced the whole shebang for free!!! The case and belt clip arrived today and I am one happy camper!!! I only expected the case itself, not the belt clip too!! Fantastic ustomer service IMO. Plus a bonus sticker! LOL! I will put every phone I own in an otterbox!!

Fendulon

Sep 21, 2010
I used an Otterbox on my Hero. I loved it. I really felt like the phone was protected when it was in the case. I went with Ballistic for my Evo though.