• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Looking for a firmware modder/hacker/developer, paid gig

Search This thread

pwylladune

Jan 14, 2011
I hope this is an appropriate place to post. If it isn't, moderator, can you PM me and let me know where I should post?

I'm looking to find someone capable to do the firmware customization for a tablet device we're putting together.

It's an educational tech device, preloaded with apps etc. targeted at schools with some custom management apps and database management on the backend, full infrastructure solutions, etc. The company is a 10m+ a year company with stable revenue streams in the Bay Area, CA. This is a new project for them.

Pay will be good, results must be stable enough to release to schools, and you will be working with Chinese tablets (it looks like, though Archos is making a bid). We have a pretty short timeline, too, to at least get the specs buttoned down and prototyped.

Could be a regular thing for whoever does the firmware work. We'll need updates, after all.

You can PM me here and I'll get you my email/phone to talk about it.

pwylladune

Jan 14, 2011
Should I add more information? I have a pretty strict timeline on this and need someone in quickly. We have a marketing launch date of April 21st and a product delivery date of May 19th.

TheNewGuy

Sep 29, 2009
I wish I could do this, but alas I am not there yet. But I like the idea of someone's hobby becoming a paid gig. So I'll bump your thread for you....

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App