Looking for a "Low flashlight brightness fix" (torch light, not photo flash)

Search This thread

raffe

Dec 2, 2005
Hi!

I would like something like this https://xdaforums.com/t/flashlight-...ness-fix-torch-light-not-photo-flash.3872858/ for my Xperia 5 II.

Or if there is a setting for it. I have read on some webpages that maybe you could boost it in settings. This site https://smartandroid.fr/en/comment-allumer-la-lampe-torche-de-son-sony-xperia-5-2/ is about "Xperia 5" (not "Xperia 5 II") and say:
  1. Slide the notification bar down
  2. Go to the settings shortcut page on which your » Lamp »
  3. Rather than clicking on the logo to light it, click on the text: » Lamp ", In this way you will access the torch settings of your Sony Xperia 5
  4. You can now move the slider to manage the intensity of your flash. Namely that the device will save the setting and that it will have this intensity during the next ignition
I cant find that setting on my Xperia 5 II.

I have also tried this:
  1. I go to Settings
  2. There, at the top, I search for "Flash"
  3. Now I see the setting "Flashlight", but nothing happens what I try to choose it.
Is there any magic out there to turn up the light?

wazzaworld

Jun 13, 2008
Hi raffe,

I'm glad you posted this as I was looking to ask this question myself. The flashlight is really dim compared to my old phone so it would be great to turn up the brightness (lumens).

I also have no response when I look at settings and search torch. And no way to find other options for this feature. I even looked on Developer Tools.

Hopefully someone can help....?

Qbus2002

Jul 14, 2016
if you make a photo then you see that the led can be pretty bright even brighter than everyother phone I've had. Problem is that sony sets it low to allow it to go on for couple of hours winthout overheating.

I'm looking into it myself, if I find anything then I'll let you guys know

Reactions: wazzaworld

Qbus2002

Jul 14, 2016
So it's me again. I have a solution but it requires root
Download this app and select device google pixel 2 it allows you to control the torch brightness

But be careful and don't burn your finger by setting it to 100% max bright like me hah. The 10% is normal brightness 20% is brighter than every other device and 30% is enough for myself

Last edited:
Reactions: raffe and Phoost

raffe

Dec 2, 2005
Download this app and select device google pixel 2 it allows you to control the torch brightness

But be careful and don't burn your finger by setting it to 100% max bright like me hah. The 10% is normal brightness 20% is brighter than every other device and 30% is enough for myself
Thanks! That worked well :)

mtshure

Apr 23, 2013

Good find! I only wish there were an easier way to toggle flashlight on/off to a preset intensity. The app doesn't provide a shortcut.

Reactions: MXKM

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
If it's buried then it's buried so deep that it doesn't exist.

With Samsung there's no rythm or reason; double tapping or long pressing to access unindicted drop down menus. They are far and few in between so finding one tends to be a shock.
Another reason I seldom upgrade the firmware.

Maybe Sony is more sane but don't count on it.
Play with it...

raffe

Dec 2, 2005
I had to un-root the phone. When I rooted, the one app that could change the light intensity worked, but three other apps (financial and banking) said they would not start on a rooted phone and I never could get past that. Back to square 1 ;-(

cihaneken

Does anyone know the current version of an app like this? The application works well enough. But the problem is that two flash leds don't work at the same time. It lights up white or yellow alone, but both do not work at the same time. I have a Xiaomi Mi 9 device and I find the flash led running in the developer test interface of the device and the flash led running from the normal interface does not find a difference in lighting twice or three times.

shalannn

Apr 7, 2020
Hi!

I would like something like this https://xdaforums.com/t/flashlight-...ness-fix-torch-light-not-photo-flash.3872858/ for my Xperia 5 II.

Or if there is a setting for it. I have read on some webpages that maybe you could boost it in settings. This site https://smartandroid.fr/en/comment-allumer-la-lampe-torche-de-son-sony-xperia-5-2/ is about "Xperia 5" (not "Xperia 5 II") and say:
  1. Slide the notification bar down
  2. Go to the settings shortcut page on which your » Lamp »
  3. Rather than clicking on the logo to light it, click on the text: » Lamp ", In this way you will access the torch settings of your Sony Xperia 5
  4. You can now move the slider to manage the intensity of your flash. Namely that the device will save the setting and that it will have this intensity during the next ignition
I cant find that setting on my Xperia 5 II.

I have also tried this:
  1. I go to Settings
  2. There, at the top, I search for "Flash"
  3. Now I see the setting "Flashlight", but nothing happens what I try to choose it.
Is there any magic out there to turn up the light?
any help for galaxy a8 2018 ?? i have a problem Torchlight Intensity Control

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Wish there was a solution without root.
    if you make a photo then you see that the led can be pretty bright even brighter than everyother phone I've had. Problem is that sony sets it low to allow it to go on for couple of hours winthout overheating.

I'm looking into it myself, if I find anything then I'll let you guys know

Good find! I only wish there were an easier way to toggle flashlight on/off to a preset intensity. The app doesn't provide a shortcut.
    It's probably buried in the settings or a 3rd party flashlight app can be used to access the brightness controls.
    I would use the former rather than the latter...
    If it's buried then it's buried so deep that it doesn't exist.