Looking for a walkthrough on installing a custom ROM on a BLU G90 PRO

Search This thread

Anubis2002

Mar 28, 2021
I need WIFI calling enabled and non of the unlocked phones they sell at Best Buy or Amazon come with the feature activated. It is literally not listed in the settings I am looking at installing a custom ROM with WIFI calling activated like it is on my old Samsung A50. I honestly don't know the first thing about the root program that android runs on so I am looking for someone that has patience that can help a noob.

I have watched many youtube videos on this topic but I have found nothing on my specific phone.

Thanks in advance

lopestom

Nov 7, 2012
Archland - Narnia
mewe.com
I need WIFI calling enabled and non of the unlocked phones they sell at Best Buy or Amazon come with the feature activated. It is literally not listed in the settings I am looking at installing a custom ROM with WIFI calling activated like it is on my old Samsung A50. I honestly don't know the first thing about the root program that android runs on so I am looking for someone that has patience that can help a noob.

I have watched many youtube videos on this topic but I have found nothing on my specific phone.

Thanks in advance

About ROOT: https://xdaforums.com/t/how-do-i-ro...attery-charge-limit-root-application.4251443/

About GSI: You not need TWRP. But if you want backup your userdata so need install that.
All depend about your decision: I'm install GSI and test. I chose the perfect GSI for me; so I don't need the backup => you not need custom recovery so use stock recovery.
I want GSI and need backup => need TWRP.

In the true both recoveries [stock & TWRP] has the fastbootd implemented!
So you need:
1- unlock bootloader;
2- stock or specific vbmeta file;
3- know how use fastboot commands for flash GSI;
4- Every time is more security flashing Custom ROMs if you have stock ROM!

Are you ready for flash GSI??!
Even if something goes wrong and you can't "revive" the device again?
Do you have everything it takes to feel relaxed if something goes wrong or successful?!!

I can put the instructions myself. But I will never be responsible for your actions and choices.

So make up your mind!

EdsterX71

Jun 13, 2021
About ROOT: https://xdaforums.com/t/how-do-i-ro...attery-charge-limit-root-application.4251443/

About GSI: You not need TWRP. But if you want backup your userdata so need install that.
All depend about your decision: I'm install GSI and test. I chose the perfect GSI for me; so I don't need the backup => you not need custom recovery so use stock recovery.
I want GSI and need backup => need TWRP.

In the true both recoveries [stock & TWRP] has the fastbootd implemented!
So you need:
1- unlock bootloader;
2- stock or specific vbmeta file;
3- know how use fastboot commands for flash GSI;
4- Every time is more security flashing Custom ROMs if you have stock ROM!

Are you ready for flash GSI??!
Even if something goes wrong and you can't "revive" the device again?
Do you have everything it takes to feel relaxed if something goes wrong or successful?!!

I can put the instructions myself. But I will never be responsible for your actions and choices.

So make up your mind!
I also have the Blu G90 Pro and trying to get root , could you please give me detailed instructions on using magisk or how to flash with trwp, i have flashed trwp through fastboot but cant decrypt data and when you restart device it reverts back to stock recovery.

also cant find stock firmware for this version BLU_G0370WW_V10.0.04.03_GENERIC to use magisk to patch boot.img
IMG_20210613_104800.jpg

lopestom

Nov 7, 2012
Archland - Narnia
mewe.com
I also have the Blu G90 Pro and trying to get root , could you please give me detailed instructions on using magisk or how to flash with trwp, i have flashed trwp through fastboot but cant decrypt data and when you restart device it reverts back to stock recovery.
- OEM Unlock - select
- USB Debugging - select

cmd command:
Code:
adb devices

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
(or use the menu option).
The screen should show "FASTBOOT mode" at the bottom of the screen in small font.

cmd command:
Code:
fastboot flashing unlock
or
Code:
fastboot flashing unlock_critical

Read phone screen for instructions.
You will have to press volume up key to continue to unlock.

- Reboot phone. Setting again without data info. Power off.
Power & VOL+ to show FASTBOOT mode - recovery
Go to stock recovery and make WIPE data/factory reset & WIPE cache partitions.

stock recovery - bootloader => fastboot (not fastbootd)
cmd command:
Code:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmetaAndroidSC_mod.img

cmd command:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recoveryTWRP350_G0370WW.img

cmd command:
Code:
fastboot reboot-recovery

File download from my github: TWRP3.5.0_10 BLU G90 PRO

also cant find stock firmware for this version BLU_G0370WW_V10.0.04.03_GENERIC to use magisk to patch boot.imgView attachment 5337319
About updated ROM version: You can remove/copy all partitions from last version any time. So boot.img or recovery.img can have with SPFT Read Back process with scatter file from v10.0.03.03 stock ROM.

Stock ROM G90 Pro BLU_G0370WW_V10.0.03.03

ROOT: Simple. Use custom recovery and flashing magisk-zip
or if you have boot.img stock so use magisk manager to have boot_patched.img and flash via fastboot.

Attachments

• vbmetaAndroidSC_mod.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 770

EdsterX71

Jun 13, 2021
- OEM Unlock - select
- USB Debugging - select

cmd command:
Code:
adb devices

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
The screen should show "FASTBOOT mode" at the bottom of the screen in small font.

cmd command:
Code:
fastboot flashing unlock
or
Code:

cmd command:
Code:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmetaAndroidSC_mod.img

cmd command:
Code:

cmd command:
Code:
fastboot reboot-recovery

About updated ROM version: You can remove/copy all partitions from last version any time. So boot.img or recovery.img can have with SPFT Read Back process with scatter file from v10.0.03.03 stock ROM.

or if you have boot.img stock so use magisk manager to have boot_patched.img and flash via fastboot.
Flawless instructions , thank you so much! TRWP & Root!
i had to flash Stock ROM G90 Pro BLU_G0370WW_V10.0.03.03
then follow your instructions .
Because firmware BLU_G0370WW_V10.0.04.03_GENERIC the WIIFI and Bluetooth did not function when using older version boot.img .

Attachments

• IMG_20210614_124248.jpg
    IMG_20210614_124248.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Reactions: lopestom

EdsterX71

Jun 13, 2021
- OEM Unlock - select
- USB Debugging - select

cmd command:
Code:
adb devices

Code:
adb reboot bootloader

cmd command:
Code:
fastboot flashing unlock
or
Code:

cmd command:
Code:

cmd command:
Code:

cmd command:
Code:
fastboot reboot-recovery

Last edited:

EdsterX71

Jun 13, 2021
- OEM Unlock - select
- USB Debugging - select

cmd command:
Code:
adb devices

Code:
adb reboot bootloader

cmd command:
Code:
fastboot flashing unlock
or
Code:

cmd command:
Code:

cmd command:
Code:

cmd command:
Code:
fastboot reboot-recovery

In TRWP the option for select storage for exsdcard (0)mb will not mount micro sdcard?

And which partitons do you select for a full backup.

thanks

lopestom

Nov 7, 2012
Archland - Narnia
mewe.com
In TRWP the option for select storage for exsdcard (0)mb will not mount micro sdcard?

And which partitons do you select for a full backup.

thanks
Unfortunately in the compiling TWRP time I haven't MicroSD to testing.
But now I know about and need fix so easy. The fix is not easy because my time and the issues about different adress/partition of MicroSD in G90 Pro. So I needed more knowledge and informations to fix that and need only write correct adress/partition. That's is to mount/start MicroSD automatically in the TWRP. But....

I not remember now because I not using MicroSD or OTG in the TWRP or ROMs. But maybe worked with the option in the TWRP - Wipe - FORMAT DATA; Reboot - Recovery. Test!
I have PBRP (other awesome Custom Recovery) if you want test too.

Because firmware BLU_G0370WW_V10.0.04.03_GENERIC the WIIFI and Bluetooth did not function when using older version boot.img .
It's a shame you didn't try to remove the boot.img file from version 10.0.04.03 because it would be interesting to know the kernel changes. But as far as I know it was a security update and the fix for call volume I think.

I not using Xposed a very time ago. Sorry. You need search/ask in the Xposed forun.

EdsterX71

Jun 13, 2021
Unfortunately in the compiling TWRP time I haven't MicroSD to testing.
But now I know about and need fix so easy. The fix is not easy because my time and the issues about different adress/partition of MicroSD in G90 Pro. So I needed more knowledge and informations to fix that and need only write correct adress/partition. That's is to mount/start MicroSD automatically in the TWRP. But....

I not remember now because I not using MicroSD or OTG in the TWRP or ROMs. But maybe worked with the option in the TWRP - Wipe - FORMAT DATA; Reboot - Recovery. Test!
I have PBRP (other awesome Custom Recovery) if you want test too.

It's a shame you didn't try to remove the boot.img file from version 10.0.04.03 because it would be interesting to know the kernel changes. But as far as I know it was a security update and the fix for call volume I think.

I not using Xposed a very time ago. Sorry. You need search/ask in the Xposed forun.
Yes I would like to try PBRP , Thanks, I really like the specs on the Blu G90 Pro... But to be honest the camera is crap.

EdsterX71

Jun 13, 2021

lopestom

Nov 7, 2012
Archland - Narnia
mewe.com
boot.img for 10.0.04.02

And yes i would like to try PBRP, thanks.

also cant find stock firmware for this version BLU_G0370WW_V10.0.04.03_GENERIC to use magisk to patch boot.imgView attachment 5337319
ANy error with 10.0.04.02?
As your message and picture had BLU_G0370WW_V10.0.04.03_GENERIC

Update: Yes the kernel was changed with more informations and need new Custom recovery with that to work with new stock ROM.

Attachments

• ASAS.png
    ASAS.png
    27 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

lopestom

Nov 7, 2012
Archland - Narnia
mewe.com
I decided to write the commands for those who have TWRP or stock recovery. Both will work as it has the fastbootD option.

First, select the GSI for your architecture. On BLU G90 Pro, it is arm64 ab. Usually we must unzip to have the img file.
Copy the GSI.img file and the modified vbmeta.img file in the ADB folder - tools platform with which you unlocked the bootloader. Remember the need for the most current version of ADB!
platform-tools#downloads

For some users it is necessary to write warnings:
  1. Stop now if you do not know what you are doing or have no experience in reviving your device!!!
  2. You must have backup of your NVDATA, NVRAM, NVCFG, PERSIST, files made from your device.
    The device must have the bootloader unlocked!

3. You need know the difference about fastboot and FASTBOOTD in your device!!
    Your device has bootloader mode: recovery - fastboot - reboot (system)
    Stock recovery has very options:
    reboot system - reboot to bootloader - wipe - Enter fastboot - ...
    reboot to bootloader => normal fastboot
    Enter fastboot => FASTBOOTD
    FASTBOOTD => some options

TWRP:
    Reboot - Reboot bootloader => normal fastboot
    Reboot - Reboot fastboot => fastbootD

• Device in fastboot => You see the Serial number by your device
    Code:
    fastboot devices

• The file vbmeta can use stock vbmeta; BUT you should flash vbmeta mod [vbmetaAndroidSC_mod.zip] for have TWRP and GSI.
    Code:
    fastboot --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta_mod.img

• Wipe userdata
    Code:
    fastboot -w

Your device MUST be at the fastbootD menu now. If not, you will not be able to flash the GSI successfully. Again, you can using TWRP or stock recovery.
  • fastboot normal to fastbootD
    Code:
    fastboot reboot fastboot

• Erase a flash partition
    Code:
    fastboot erase system
    or
    Code:
    fastboot delete-logical-partition system

• deletes the product partition, allowing a larger system partition
    Code:
    fastboot delete-logical-partition product
I not need resize-logical-partition product. But if you want:
You will need a larger system partition to flash a GSI. There are 2 ways to achieve this
A. fastboot resize-logical-partition product 509344768
B. fastboot resize-logical-partition system 3089272064 or 3889272064
resizes product and system partitions. This gives you about 3GB of system partitions. You can adjust or arrive at your own numbers if you want different sizes.

• Flashing GSI files: Sets disable-verity when flashing & Sets disable-verification when flashing the file img in the system partition.
    Code:
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash system GSI.img
    GSI.img is the file of any zip file that have any name by developers/Custom ROM.

• For confirm great & fast start GSI
    Code:
    fastboot -w
For confirm and boot clean go to normal fastboot
Code:
fastboot reboot bootloader
Code:
fastboot erase userdata
  • Reboot to system
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
Wait the time 5~15 minutes to start.
Enjoy

Note: Since the Team Win code maintainers; still haven't found a way for TWRP to modify (write/copy/delete) any file in the logical partitions (System - Vendor - Product - odm) as Super partition; TWRP cannot install the img file on the system partition.
If you want to make changes you can try this: [SCRIPT][Android 10+] Universal Mount System read write R/W
In the GSI files you can modify files in the Super partition.

About adb-fastboot: Android Debug Bridge (ADB) Commands Manual

Any other questions or more help for BLU users: BLU Development Team

Last edited:

DarkeEmpire

Feb 12, 2020
I decided to write the commands for those who have TWRP or stock recovery. Both will work as it has the fastbootD option.

First, select the GSI for your architecture. On BLU G90 Pro, it is arm64 ab. Usually we must unzip to have the img file.
Copy the GSI.img file and the modified vbmeta.img file in the ADB folder - tools platform with which you unlocked the bootloader. Remember the need for the most current version of ADB!
platform-tools#downloads

1. Stop now if you do not know what you are doing or have no experience in reviving your device!!!
  2. You must have backup of your NVDATA, NVRAM, NVCFG, PERSIST, files made from your device.

TWRP:

Code:
    fastboot devices

• The file vbmeta can use stock vbmeta; BUT you should flash vbmeta mod [vbmetaAndroidSC_mod.zip] for have TWRP and GSI.
    Code:

• Wipe userdata
    Code:
    fastboot -w

Your device MUST be at the fastbootD menu now. If not, you will not be able to flash the GSI successfully. Again, you can using TWRP or stock recovery.
    Code:
    fastboot reboot fastboot

Code:
    fastboot erase system
    or
    Code:

Code:
You will need a larger system partition to flash a GSI. There are 2 ways to achieve this
resizes product and system partitions. This gives you about 3GB of system partitions. You can adjust or arrive at your own numbers if you want different sizes.

• Flashing GSI files: Sets disable-verity when flashing & Sets disable-verification when flashing the file img in the system partition.
    Code:
    GSI.img is the file of any zip file that have any name by developers/Custom ROM.

Code:
    fastboot -w
Code:
Code:
fastboot erase userdata
  • Reboot to system
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
Enjoy

Note: Since the Team Win code maintainers; still haven't found a way for TWRP to modify (write/copy/delete) any file in the logical partitions (System - Vendor - Product - odm) as Super partition; TWRP cannot install the img file on the system partition.
If you want to make changes you can try this: [SCRIPT][Android 10+] Universal Mount System read write R/W

Need gsi link

DarkeEmpire

Feb 12, 2020
Lopestom im having lags, overheat issues and system slow downs , why??
with or without gsi
my guess is hardware issue (emmc chip)

Last edited:

DarkeEmpire

Feb 12, 2020

platform-tools#downloads

TWRP:

Code:
    fastboot devices

Code:

• Wipe userdata
    Code:
    fastboot -w

Code:
    fastboot reboot fastboot

Code:
    fastboot erase system
    or
    Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:
    fastboot -w
Code:
Code:
fastboot erase userdata
  • Reboot to system
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
Enjoy

Shorten Code for blu g90 pro GSI NOOBS edit
fastboot devices
fastboot -w
fastboot reboot fastboot
fastboot erase system
fastboot reboot
GSI supports
Havocs, Corvus and others but not pixel experience image is too large with gapps

NiightOwl

Dec 10, 2021
- OEM Unlock - select
- USB Debugging - select

cmd command:
Code:
adb devices

Code:
adb reboot bootloader

cmd command:
Code:
fastboot flashing unlock
or
Code:

cmd command:
Code:

cmd command:
Code:

cmd command:
Code:
fastboot reboot-recovery

Whenever I go into fastboot mode (with the text on the bottom left) no fastboot commands will work on my G90 Pro. Therefore I can't follow the rest of the instructions. Any possible solutions? Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    - OEM Unlock - select
    - USB Debugging - select

cmd command:
    Code:
    adb devices

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

cmd command:
    Code:
    fastboot flashing unlock
    or
    Code:

cmd command:
    Code:

cmd command:
    Code:

cmd command:
    Code:
    fastboot reboot-recovery

Hello, I've followed those steps and got into TWRP temporarily but I'm lost a bit. On my Blu G90 Pro, there's no ramdisk option to install TWRP and I keep getting a /system_root error about not having access.
    The G90 Pro not have Virtual A/B & not have ramdisk_recovery only in the boot partition so not need Ramdisk instalation mode.
    The INFORMATION so NOT a error with \system_root because the Android 10 have RO mode. Two options to not have these information: I- Wipe: FORMAT DATA (yes) - Reboot Recovery II- Install RO2RW or SystemRW to get Super(system; vendor; product) in the RW mode.
    Beacuse TWRP cannot mount \system_root so you look the word in red as information.

Farthest I've gotten is installing the TWRP image file to the recovery partition and rebooting to recovery through TWRP for it to go back to TWRP, only for it to ersse it and go back to stock recovery after I reboot to system.
    Install in the recovery partition only. If u followed the instructions and installed ALL files like guide so you can restart in the system.
    If you installed as guide and not reboot in the system so maybe because your device has other ROM version (updated to last?? like https://xdaforums.com/t/looking-for...om-rom-on-a-blu-g90-pro.4253737/post-85175947 or https://xdaforums.com/t/looking-for...om-rom-on-a-blu-g90-pro.4253737/post-85192447).
    Solution: PORT TWRP with the new files from recovery.img by new ROM version.

What exact options should I choose in TWRP to keep it on my Blu G90 Pro permanently?
    I followed instructions and my device has TWRP permanently a very time ago!
    Whenever I go into fastboot mode (with the text on the bottom left) no fastboot commands will work on my G90 Pro. Therefore I can't follow the rest of the instructions. Any possible solutions? Thanks.
    If you read https://xdaforums.com/t/looking-for...om-rom-on-a-blu-g90-pro.4253737/post-85213019 so you can look the diferences about fastboot (bootloader) and fastbootD.
    2. The device must have the bootloader unlocked!

TWRP:
    If your device has stock recovery so you can enter in the fastboot and write:
    Code:
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    Now the device rebooting to fastbootd.
    wxit-fastbootd-mode.jpg
    'fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash system GSI.img' gives me a connection error and also an error of 'writing system... FAILED 'No such file or directory exists' and this is after wiping the system partition and trying to flash a GSI.

Can someone give me a possible link to a GSI for Android 13 for the Blu G90 Pro? I've looked and all GSIs for 13 either do this or boot loop.
    This is the last message I leave on xda.
    If you are using adb-fastboot --platformtools after version 31, then you can enter the following commands as long as you are aware of what fastboot and fastbootd are:
    Code:
    fastboot erase product
    fastboot erase system
    fastboot flash system GSI.img
    fastboot -w
    fastboot erase userdata

So all the corresponding files must be in the platform-tools folder for the installation to see the files correctly.
    Example: This is the first attempt to install GSI.
    I have all vbmeta_mod.img files; ProjectElixir-3.8-arm64-bgN-13.0-20230526-1530-OFFICIAL.img copied to the adb-fastboot/platform-tools folder.
    When writing the commands then it will look like this:
    Code:
    fastboot erase product
    fastboot erase system
    fastboot flash system ProjectElixir-3.8-arm64-bgN-13.0-20230526-1530-OFFICIAL.img
    fastboot -w
    fastboot erase userdata

If you want try another GSI so only need:
    Code:
    fastboot flash system GSI.img
    fastboot -w
    fastboot erase userdata

If you waste your time opening messages here and really don't roll up your sleeves to test every existing GSI file you can then really nobody will do anything.

Then choose the GSI you want to test and install. Didn't like it, choose another GSI and install. Still not satisfied, choose another GSI and install.
    Are there bugs? Search, look in other threads or G or forums. Well, you can try to correct something yourself and that would give you more knowledge.

Which GSI to install?
    Search and choose here on xda or github for phh.

Good luck,

Finally saying goodbye to everything here.

Cheers.