Looking for an EFS backup from a single-sim N9600

Stormwing

Feb 23, 2010
NY/NJ
So I did a stupid and flashed over a single-sim N9600's EFS partition with a dual-sim N9600's, and now the single-sim one won't accept any SIM cards with an invalid/network locked SIM error. I've tried just about everything besides zeroing the EFS (because I don't know how to to that) and so all I can do now is ask all of you beautiful people if anyone could share a TWRP EFS backup from a single-sim N9600 to (hopefully) save mine.

My apologies for being dumb, and thanks in advance everyone.

Alboooz

Dec 21, 2018
So I did a stupid and flashed over a single-sim N9600's EFS partition with a dual-sim N9600's, and now the single-sim one won't accept any SIM cards with an invalid/network locked SIM error. I've tried just about everything besides zeroing the EFS (because I don't know how to to that) and so all I can do now is ask all of you beautiful people if anyone could share a TWRP EFS backup from a single-sim N9600 to (hopefully) save mine.

I'm not so sure you can use EFS from one other phone, but if it works then, what consequences might have the owner of the original phone if there is in question security breach?!

Stormwing

Feb 23, 2010
NY/NJ
I'm not so sure you can use EFS from one other phone, but if it works then, what consequences might have the owner of the original phone if there is in question security breach?!
I'm not 100% sure myself, but some if the Snapdragon devs said it might be able to rescue it. As for security concerns, what sort of security breaches would you be referring to?

Alboooz

Dec 21, 2018
I'm not 100% sure myself, but some if the Snapdragon devs said it might be able to rescue it. As for security concerns, what sort of security breaches would you be referring to?
EFS is my phone identify, imei and serial number is in it, if happen to do something illegally over internet, social-media, money laundering or any other crazy things, justice might or will hold me accountable, and is not good idea for me to share that.
But, i think is better for you to check about how to resolve EFS problem, there is e developer who posted one article about to rescue or generate and solve this problem, so check about note edge or note4 as much as i remember.

Stormwing

Feb 23, 2010
NY/NJ
Alboooz said:
EFS is my phone identify, imei and serial number is in it, if happen to do something illegally over internet, social-media, money laundering or any other crazy things, justice might or will hold me accountable, and is not good idea for me to share that.
But, i think is better for you to check about how to resolve EFS problem, there is e developer who posted one article about to rescue or generate and solve this problem, so check about note edge or note4 as much as i remember.
Fair enough. What's odd is that the IMEI still matches the phone itself. When I didn't know what I was doing and overwrote the EFS partition with the backup TWRP did say the restore failed, and was unable to write, but the devs said seeing that was normal. Could the problem be the modem partition instead, or something?

I saw the Note 4/etc threads about zeroing EFS, but since they're quite old I wasn't sure if those instructions still applied to newer devices and if they would break things further than they already are. Should I make another thread asking about that for contemporary devices or would those old instructions still be okay?

Last edited:

Alboooz

Dec 21, 2018
Fair enough. What's odd is that the IMEI still matches the phone itself. When I didn't know what I was doing and overwrote the EFS partition with the backup TWRP did say the restore failed, and was unable to writ the devs said seeing that was normal. Could the problem be the modem partition instead, or something?

I saw the Note 4/etc threads about zeroing EFS, but since they're quite old I wasn't sure if those instructions still applied to newer devices and if they would break things further than they already are. Should I make Oumuamua is a “planetesimal,” or a small fragment of a planetary building block that just happened to drift through our star system. thread asking about that for contemporary devices or would those old instructions still be okay?
I hope someone with better android knowledge will help you o this issue, i used to be good with Amiga OS shell or CLI and ms-dos, but with ADB i just cant do much with it.

hainguyenthao

Jun 25, 2014

I got N9600ZHS5ETI1 backup